oct15-oct22... a saga

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

oct15-oct22... a saga

Postby sidhe333 » Tue Oct 25, 7:09 am

PREAMBLE:

Herein are the Accounts of a Couple 'o Geezers
Smoking their Way thru
the Cobbles
and Canals
of
Amsterdam
&
Haarlem

Dated the Tenth Month
of the Year
(anno domina/era vulgaris)

Being the Adventures
and Explorations
of
B the Elder
&
S:. the Elder
Fellow Travellers

entries to follow...

s:.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

menu selections

Postby sidhe333 » Tue Oct 25, 7:11 am

oct16: A'Dam

--greehouse effect--
2g house special (pleasent, up-high weed)
3g nepal temple ball (nice taste, sweet...but old & crumbly 'sheesh)

--old church--
1g royal nepal cream (very tasty, light tongue, nice....relax a bit before getting up hasj)
2.2g jack herrer (flowery smell, heavy-lidded-eye weed)
1.7 blueberry (sweet nose, sweet taste, light high, up, walking weed)

oct17: A'Dam

--picasso--
1.7g orange bud (yeah! orange taste [sometimes], sweet, spacey, creeper 'erb)
1.7g poison (lemon dish soap flav, packs a punch weed)
--pink floyd--
1g umma gumma (herb/boggy taste, nice enuff hasj)
--the coin--
1g nyc diesel (lemony jet fuel weed, pow!)
--bluebird-- no cheeze, so sale

oct18: A'Dam

--kandinski (are there 2 of them?)-- looked, no sale
--dolphins-- looked, no sale
--grey area--closed again
--amnesia--
1g kali mist (earthy taste, dirt like, spacey buds)
1g neville haze (sugary sweet flav, kinda trippy 'erb)
1g cambodian haze (good, earthy haze reefer)
--siberie--
1g 'real' afghan (old skool peppery sweet, a fave hasheesh)
--the coin--
1g royal nepal polm (creamy peppery, smooth & such a beautiful tasting hasj)

oct19: Haarlem

--sativa--
1g krytonite (pow knocks out superman! piney flav herb)
1g white pearl (a fishy, hasjie weit, quite potent!)
1g super afghan ( maybe the best hasj all around, flav, high...!)

--indica--
1g juicy fruit (best nose weed, soooooo sweet taste, nice buzz)
1g amnesia haze (finally! trippy, sea-salty taste, potent)

oct20 & oct21: A'Dam

tried to smoke as much of the stuff we had left--a lot! visited a few more shops, but didn't purchase anything.

oct22: A'Dam

--Hill Street Blues (2?)--
2g nepal black (rolled it into pills for the flight home, tasted good too! mmmm-mmmm!!)

and so ends the menu for our recent trip.
this was more difficult than i had imagined. writing down, trying to discern tastes, smells, and highs...whew! after a while some of the weed kept tasting like mango looza or fanta or chocomel, but B soon put me straight. and near the end of the trip, i began noticing a distinct sea flav thing going on. i was expecting some herb to taste like herring, luckily i didn't find it.
i must confess, with all the smoke we consumed, and hash we ate (everyday), it began to be hard to tell one high from another, but we did our best to keep items seperate--except the occasional half & half (still seperated--my rolling skills getting fancy at that point) and the 3 giant 'salad' joints of all the droppings.

overall picks?
weed: orange bud, juicy fruit, amnesia haze
hasj: 'real' afghan, super afghan, royal cream, royal polm

damn, wish i had one of ANYTHING on the above list RIGHT NOW!!!

more to follow...
Last edited by sidhe333 on Tue Oct 25, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Tue Oct 25, 7:12 am

sat oct15 / sun oct16
B arrives early afternoon here in Providence (RI-USA), having driven thru roads and bridges washed away by the recent flooding upta New Hampshire. miles of watery weather & highway under his feet, and he's ready for more. kisses all around to wives & a pat on the head to Snoots the Wonderdog... and we boogie. downcity to the bus terminal, up to Logan thru more wet. boom. we're chillin' at the airport buying tax free cigs. the flight, at night, not much to sight. flying the red eye thru the heavy North Atlantic night, with thoughts of lone ships beneath us. sky slowly brightens, and eventually we touch in to Iceland. whoa, fucking Iceland! can't leave the airport, but scope out what landscape we can see. strange, tundra-like, with no trees, black soil outlines the coast, no birds to be seen. on approach, we could see some vast rugged hills, and looming mountains in the distance. swear i saw a small inert volcano, and a plume of steam from behind some hills... coulda been the 4 codiene, but i swear i saw it. point being, looks like a great holiday destination, this Island of Ice. so back onboard, listening to some ambi-trance as the sky is now pale golden. 3 short hours later.... approaching the coast on a beautiful morning with sailboats offshore, and farmland sliced with canals. you know it, you love it. another landing in Schiphol! touchdown! i'm back! can i get an A-Fucking-Men, brothers & sisters!?!
you know the score; lines for customs, change some money, head down to the trains. boom!
15 minutes later we walk out of Central Station to a blue sky, and the constant mob of people.
B is amazed. his first sight of Mecca, and it's always a welcome sight for me too. so we lean back against the contruction fence with the Bob Dylan poster, and light a cig. time to take in the sights, sounds and smells of a favorite city. smoke done, we're light with luggage, so we sling our shoulderbags... and head over to Warmoesstraat to find Greenhouse Effect. passing shops that drew our attention away from our goal, we naturalicht passed it twice. so in we go, get our keys, a map to the flat, look over the menu, picked a couple starters, and hoofed it over to Bloedstraat. it sits directly west of the Waag. up to the flat--nicer than i thought--drop the bags, and out to the market for supplies. fabulous markt in the Waag square--great prints, engravings,
lithographs, even some cool posters from the 30's & 40's---but i just got here, can't spend on this stuff yet! (i've a weakness for ephemera, artwork & incunabula--i digress--) off to buy some rations! weeee! wacky euro market! not a place for the tired and hungry! that done, we're back in the flat....... finally! we roll up the first herb (greenhouse special), pack the first hasheesh bowl (nepal temple ball)... and sit back. it's so fucking nice to taste hasj. i love weed, but nothing like that first taste of hash after years and years of waiting. if you've been there, it ain't tellin' you nothing you don't know. that sweet, peppery, flowery spice of a taste.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
SO WE ARE HERE!
we munch, smoke some more, and out for the first stroll. cross the RLD, out to Damrak. i figured the first walk to be kinda light (very tired & finally stoned), so we walked up to the Dam.(it's always fun to watch a newbie react to the city--they instantly love it!) then over to Westerkerk & the Joordan. went by Grey Area--closed. strolled back across town into the RLD, & over to the Oude Kerk. it's one of my favorite spots in the city. naturally we stopped in Old Church, made a couple purchases (royal cream pollen, jack herrer, blueberry) and made for the upstairs window seats! very cool.... so i'm feeling pretty good, and figure i'll try a big joint. haven't rolled a euro in nearly 30 years, but am a master at the wee american joints. what the hell! so i fill up a pure Blueberry superspliff (had to suffice with the thinner but longer joint, couldn't get the euro conical thing going--and i don't use filters--so it looked like a ridiculously long american joint, same thickness, but about 3x as long!---turns out i mastered these bastardized joints by the end of the trip!) so here we sit in the Old Church window, watching the talent across the alley, feeling the slight sea breeze coming thru & digging the church bells that Rembrandt h'sself listened to.... very cool.... couple hours, loozas, and a bowl or 2 of hasj later, we're up and out into the rld for the full night time thing it's so famous for--crowds of tourists oogling at the ladies, and nearly getting hit by bikes, mopeds, and cars. lot'sa fun to watch when stoned... a few hours of that, and we're back to the flat with waffles & almond cakes (wafflen & almondekeuken??).... a few more bowls of cheech, and reefers aplenty, and the hours are starting to take their toll. off to nod, in a very loud section of town.....

Last edited by sidhe333 on Tue Oct 25, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Tue Oct 25, 7:14 am

sun oct17:
so it's a fucking noisey night here in Nieuwmarkt, and my room is the front living room, so it's singing, crashing bottles, delivery trucks, sanitation crews. second shift comes in right after them, the construction and market crews, then the road crews start their ancient masonic taptaptap. the cobbles must be neat. the dutch are an industrious folk, and ply their professions with gusto. and noise. buddy B inna back room hasn't fared any better, he had the echo effect thru the alley. so we've got about 3hrs a'piece, and decide, what the fuck are we doing sleeping in Amdam? it's early, but it's an Amsterdam morning! and that's quite special. grab the camera, some herb, some chow at GHhotel, and off we bound... snap snap snap meander meander snap snap. i didn't bring my vid this year, and regretted it, but B caught many fine pix. 'tis a faire burg... i particularly love it's scale, it's not the grand imperial way (Paris), it's simpler, but in many ways finer. the craftmanship of it's artisans and builders has never been matched, in my 'umble opinion... anyway, strolling strolling o'er the bounding waves of cobblestone, looking up at the fine buildings, avoiding bikes (chchchiiing), scoots (mmmmeeeep) and cars. trying to negotiate the extra-thin sidewalks at an angle only a mountain goat could manage. and it's more fun with a buzz on! ya really need sea-legs in this town. yeah, yeah, alright, back to the events of the day... we passed Barney's eats, but they were closed, opted for Picasso for the morning shopping. (1.7g orange bud, 1.7g poison) also stopped in Pink Floyd for 1g umma gumma. strolling strolling o'er the bridge and canal... B wanted to do a canal tour, didn't think it my cup of tea, but turned out to be a unique view of the city i'd never seen before. very nice, and warm, it being a chilly morn. from there we visited Vondelpark for the obligatory smoke. nice, beginning of autumn, some leaves blowing, still plenty of tourists (like us), but i always prefer the off-season. onward & upward! pas op! (chchchiiiiiing) almost got flattened by a tram, fugger was pissed too. hahahahaha! back towards the centrum, we veer off into range of the Coin. stopped in for a smoke & purchase.(1g NYC Diesel) the budtender was a very handsome woman with a wealth of info to share, we were the only customers at that moment, so she had time to talk. very nice lady, very sweet. i played on the computer a bit, while B talked shop. back to the flat for more smoke, and down to Bluebird in hopes of finding some Cheese--no luck. kinda creepy vibe with the budtender standing an inch away, and implying 'hurry up gringos, i've got better things to do'...we scanned it, and left--rather proud that it was the first CS we went in and didn't buy something. we still had so much to smoke!
and smoke we did. the nights from now on become blurrier.
once seated in a restaurant, B making a b-line to the WC, i blurted out to him, the owner, and half the customers; 'Hey, wait a minute, this ain't the restaurant we wanted!' dead silence, the owner wanting to put a butcher's knife thru my heart, B's looking at me like, wha the fuck?? so out we go into the street, me saying, we wanted the chinese place with the all-u-can-eat ribs!
he points to the sign in front of the place; All You Can Eat Ribs. but, but, but....the menu was in spanish, i'm saying! B states it ain't a fucking chinese restaurant, ok? so now, i'm laffing my ass off, and way too stoned to go back in! but the thought of going in, and repeating the entire scene was rather appealing... i was giggling all night after that. we thought of doing the same scene in some coffeehouses--maybe the guy in Bluebird woulda thought it was funny. maybe not. so we're stumbl'n at this point, and head home to smoke ourselves into a drug-addled stupor. nodsville.

JohnnyHempseed
power poster
power poster

Postby JohnnyHempseed » Wed Oct 26, 3:06 am

wow, pretty good Trip Report. i look forward to hearing more. got any pics?

Chooby
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Chooby » Wed Oct 26, 3:31 am

All you can eat ribs? Oh you have to tell me what this place was called.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

oct18

Postby sidhe333 » Thu Oct 27, 1:39 am

oct18:
so it's another night of singing drunks, fighting junkies, buzzing scoots, polite sirens, and construction crews. but hey, it's the fucking Waag! i expected nothing less. maybe 3hrs sleep, who needs sleep when you're on a mission... fruit, bread, pate, cheese, a dollop of hasheesh, and a big Orange Bud spliff... irie! nice 'erb for the morning jaunt. or so i thought. gave ya an 'up' bzzz...but then it sneaks up on you. so it's off to the Rijksmuseum for some occulorum orgazma! i confess, i'm an art geek, and to me the big R is heaven. sure, sure...many great museums the world over, but this one's special. nobody did it better than the Dutch & Flemish painters. nobody. 'nuff said. it's a shame the whole building still isn't open, but they bring out the best... so much art, my eyes hurt... and off we tramp into that perfect Rembrandt sky of blue and grey and white....up to the ol' bugger's place his'self. Rembrandthuis, to take in his fabulous etchings. wow! jumpin' fuckin' hey-zeus on a pogo stick! it's breathtaking. kill me now. the guard had to pry me out of there with a billyclub as they were closing. ...yeah, yeah, fuck art, let's eat... food consumption done, we head to Grey Area. guess what? not open, no matter...over to Amnesia. nice place, good vibe, cool menu. we opt for some Kali Mist, Neville Haze, and Cambodian Haze. each had their merits. chillin and stumblin'......what'dya know, here's Siberie, let's stop in for some hash. some 'real afghan' sounded like just the trick. hmmmmmmmmm. later in the eve we stopped back at the Coin for some nepal polm. it all becomes fuzzy as to the exact when & wheres, but i remember checking the menus at Dolphins & one of the Kandinskis, but we didn't purchase. anyway back at the flat, and we've got a table full of shit to smoke, and i'm stretched out on the couch, fading out. B is saying something about pizza somewhere in the back of my head, but it does not compute. light's out. ...4hrs later & i'm awake. B's got a spliff going full tilt. of course! tweeeeeet. what's for breakfast at midnight? old pizza, the response. yeah, i'm down with cold pizza. 3 bites into this sucker, and i'm thinking they dug it out of fucking Pompeii! yeeeeuuuuk! off we go into the night again. stopped at the banana place to listen to the hawker.'45euro, all it takes, the most disgusting bar in town, all you can drink in one hour, served by topless waitresses who let you play with their titties for tips! you ready to come in boys?' wow, sounds cool, but we've got something to do just now, thanx. the other hawker, scanning the crowds, sneers to us, 'don't fucking lie!' guy was a Ratso Rizzo wannabe, perfect pimp shades and all. we were rollin.... hey, for that price ya might as well get a girl... later that eve, with that thought in mind, euros in me pocket, i found the sweetest, petite, perky..... well, you know how that story goes.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

oct19

Postby sidhe333 » Fri Oct 28, 8:57 am

oct19
nothin better'n a nice chunk o' cheech for breakfast. a hunka hunka burnin' nepal polm followed by some 'real' afghani--which i am lovin at this point, shoulda got more of it from Siberie. we copped out with a cheapo brass throwaway for a pipe, and regretted we hadn't gone for some glass. only used it for the hasheesh, but glass woulda been better. jeez i love the smell of hash.... sweetest spice on earth! bom shiva! best way to greet the sun. or rain. waffles for breaking fast... o'er to Central Station for the jaunt to Haarlem. vijftien minutes later we're smilin along the rails, digging the countryside whizzing by. miniature horses, and what i supposed to be a yak of some sort. i think the hasj is making me hallucinate. in we pull to Haarlem Station. B wants to use the head, so i says i'll meet you right here. ..... 10 minutes later i'm thinking, where the hell is he? so i then notice the lav is for ladies, so i walk around the platform to the other side wherein is the men's room. waiting. stuck my head in, yo B! no answer. so i spend the next 45 minutes searching the station, platforms, exits, etc.... no B. what the fuck? i've got the only map.... well, now it's almost 2, and i'm s'posed to be at Sativa to meet up with channelites. so off i trudge. B can take care of himself, i remind meself as i'm sipping looza and rolling a long Kryptonite in one of the booths @ Sativa. nice place, chill vibe, doing a steady business. nice tunes. i figured i'd light up the Krypto when B or anyone else shows up. so instead, i pull out a joint of the Orange Bud. i soon finished the whole thing. normally in the States, i roll 'american style' bones. but since i mastered my own version of the big joint, i smoked the equivalent of 3 americans. just puffed that sucker down from front to back. that's a day's ration for me in the States--if i'm lucky! and here i am taking shit back like a pro. did i mention i really liked that Orange Bud?
so i'm very mellow, looking out for B or anybody. seemed like mostly locals coming in and out. didn't recognize any of the clothing i was supposed to watch for. ah well, no matter. i am here.
couple hours go by. now i start thinking B musta taken the long way here from the station. maybe i should head back there, or start looking around town... bus my table, jacket on, heading for the door, in strolls B. well, where you been? around town snapping some photos.
that's cool. he said he came back to the same spot on the platform and i wasn't there, so he headed in to town. i musta been in a time warp or something... anyway, so we're back in the booth, more looza, B picks up White Pearl & Afghan Super. and i spark up that Krypto. bonk! whew...heavy eyelid time. chill for a bit and then head in to the city. my what a beautiful town it is, too. the central square is spectacular! and it was getting towards evening, so there were few people about. nice to be away from the Amsterdam crowds. so we wandered, and wondered. eventually leading to the large canal ring, so we followed it back towards Indica. found a great stained glass place along the way. soon the windmill came into view, so i knew we were close to that famous view from Indica. in we stumble. they're still in construction mode, but plenty of seating. B orders some Amnesia Haze, and i opt for the Juicy Fruit---it just looked so fine. had to agree with the budtender lady, it was a good choice, and i'd give it the Best Nose Award of any weed of the trip. yummy yummy! so by now, we are so blitzed the idea of heading to Sinsemilla to complete the Willy Wortel Tour is becoming absurd. we meander a bit more, then head back to the station for the ride home. back in town, more food, more smoke....
more sleep.

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Postby oracle » Fri Oct 28, 1:25 pm

WOW! Nice one guys'. Happy smiley milies! The Greenhouse Special is some nice gear! Keep 'em comin'! (I had heard that it is not a good thing to eat black hash, as it may have germs still around, from when it was 'hand-rolled'. But i still do it-no problem. Anyone else heard about this?) .Peace.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Oct 28, 4:09 pm

You missed the best shop! It is worth a return visit. The bus across from the Sativa thakes you right to the Sinsimilla. If the weather is nice be sure to see the fantastic terrace.

PaXXX

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Sat Oct 29, 2:16 am

O: hadn't heard the germ thing, but it would make sense if it's hand rolled. not germ-phobic, so it wouldn't keep me from eating it anyway. yeah, the GH Special was ok, not the best 'erb of the trip, a little dry, but still good.

BO: i know, i know....i'm kicking myself for not making it to Sensimilla. seems to get some great reviews from many channelites... will have to make it there next time. there were some other shops i wanted to make in Haarlem, but we were so stoned it was becoming pointless to consume more. don't know when it'll be, but i think next trip i may just stay in Haarlem.... by-the-by, the bald budtender in Sativa was very nice. and the foxy lady tending buds in Indica was very helpful as well (we always tip, but i don't think that's why they were so nice) ...later, in Indica, the shaved guy from Sativa came in, noticed us, said hello, and gave us a big grin... i think if the channel folks who said they would show for the crawl had shown up, there may have been more energy to attempt the other shops. but, i may not have seen as much of the town as we did alone. 6 of one, half a dozen of another....

stay tuned for the next entry--and the police raid on our flat!

Arch Stanton
just in
just in
Location: Capt - Where do you hail from? Joe - Illinois. Tuco - Me? I'm with him.

Postby Arch Stanton » Sun Oct 30, 11:24 am

sidhe333 wrote:
stay tuned for the next entry--and the police raid on our flat!

Oh this I gotta hear about!

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

oct20

Postby sidhe333 » Mon Oct 31, 11:02 am

oct20:
wake & bake. another beautiful Amsterdam morning--or it coulda been raining... it's all a bit fuzzy. i think we started the day with a big juicy fruit joint. that may have been followed by a bowl of afghan super--a very nice hasj indeed. a 'clear reception' hash. all of the purchases we made from Sativa & Indica were exceptional. some of the 'erb we'd scored thru the week, we suspected of being shaken (not Willy Wortel's). naturally, there is some jewel loss in the handling & shipping of reefer, that's to be expected. but some of the weed shoulda had more crystal IMHO. at one point, a very stoned S:. is eyeballing all the various baggies & says to brother B, 'check out these buds in the light...' handing him an item. B scopes it for a minute, pauses, and announces, 'this weed is inferior, take it away!' hehehehehehehe! i'm laffing my ass off, but i think the point of the koan is that we've become so jaded in such a short time, we pass on bud that we'd kill for back home. it's funny what freedom can do to a person. makes ya free, i guess... [insert music bed of reader's favorite 'free-themed' song here] ...and so anyway, off we tramp into the wilds of canals, cobbles, bikes, and traffic. today's mission is to search out suitable gifts for the folk back home. a few postcards & t-shirts for friends. but something nice for the ladies. wasted about 10 minutes riding the escalators at magna plaza--i'd never been inside, how was i to know? we continued across town to the main objective, Antiekcentrum de Looier. a goldmine. lots of stalls, plenty to catch your eye. we finally settle on some tiles. B gets a couple of nice Delft ones, and i get a couple art nouveau that me wife can add to her collection. then i found a treat for me! dated 1644, a framed engraving of people whooping it up at a pub in Utrecht. and what a deal at about 15 euros! i collect old printing and artwork so this was a great find. the frame is probably 40 or 50 years old, but it gives the whole piece a funky weathered look.... if you like antiques, check out de Looier (Elandsgracht 109), well worth it.
stopped in a few other CSs & smartshops trodding back thru town, didn't buy anything tho. we had too much to smoke back at the flat, so there was no need to purchase more, tempting tho it was. ....later, back at said flat, and sufficiently stoned on said smoke....B heads out to the market, i'm hearing buzzers going off thru-out the building. finally realize it's our door bell--i said i was stoned--pick up the intercom phone, 'hello', says i... 'hello, who is this?, they say. "who is this??' says i. 'this is the police, let us in!' say they. (doh!) what the fuck do i say? ummmmm.
ummmmmmm. 'uh....um....wrong number' says i as i hang up the phone. (my usa paranoia got the best of me) i go back in the apartment, look out to the Waag, and sure enuff, 2 Polite cars, and several uniforms are all milling about. what the fuck??? do i hide the dope? is it stupid to even think that? we surely had over the limit, but still... it was apparent while they were barking at me on the phone, they were also talking to someone from the other floor, and sure as shit, they were already coming up the stairs... (ok chill) banging at the door, 'open the door, this is the police' (why are they speaking english i'm wondering) 'ok, ok..' says i. click. open the door to see a very young cop on the landing, an older officer on the step below, a middle-aged woman in street clothes who is panting a great deal on the step below that. and a matronly officer on the step below that. for all i know there could've been a whole platoon of them below that, but i could see no further. it was rather comical to see them all standing industriously on one step apiece. to my stoned perspective, it looked like if i just pushed the young cop in the correct manner, i could start an avalanche of people all the way out into the street worthy of a Marx brothers' movie. i digress... 'are you the one who called the police?' the young guy yells. 'no'. 'about the child, the child who was hurt?' he blurts out. 'no, not i', says i. the older officer saying at the same time, 'are you the only one here?' 'at the moment yes.' meanwhile i'm backing away from the door, and spreading my hand like Vanna White, so as to give them entrance into the flat... they were all craning their collective necks to look around the apartment (knowing amongst themselves that i was lying about something, and most likely a kidnapper of the lowest order).... but they all stayed right where they were, each on their own little stair, looking around at what little of the flat they could see. ...then the panting woman said something in Dutch, there was general agreement all around (the young cop sniffing the air), and they all turned about-face, and started down the stairs. i still wanted to give them a little push and test out my idea... went over to the window, and about 10 minutes later they all left..... jeez, talk about a buzz kill. few minutes later, B is back. 'i just had a strange encounter...', says i. 'did it involve the police?' says B. seems he ran into them on his way out the door. well, i certainly hope they were able to find the child, or sort the whole thing out...
so we rolled another spliff.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

hollowe'en

Postby sidhe333 » Mon Oct 31, 11:06 am

p.s. a merrye samhain to all.

Arch Stanton
just in
just in
Location: Capt - Where do you hail from? Joe - Illinois. Tuco - Me? I'm with him.

Postby Arch Stanton » Mon Oct 31, 12:32 pm

FOTFLOL!!!! ...... that's good stuff!!

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

AMAZING

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Oct 31, 1:39 pm

Dam, you write like I wished I had the nerve to, sidhe333.
F'in Amazing I tell you!!!
You really tell it like it is, from start to finish, and a most admirable quality that is.
I too, have seen that volcano-like effect from that same mountain, and think it is a combo of the clouds in right positions, and lights from the area, but it was strange indeed.???
Also, the Rijks, is the tops, I have to agree.
Your perspective, your crafty wordsmanship, the way you lay the scene out, the format which included a "Who's Who for product and C'Shops", beginning it all.
What can I say, as you even have me taking notes on that art/antique store, for yet another journey.
Wonderful Report, Dam Wonderful Indeed.
It is yourself and other new writers to the forum, that have raised the bar, and brought in a new, and very crisp view... Hats Off!!! It's a lot better than what I had.

Many Best Regards,
LastHamlet

Max Flower
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Max Flower » Tue Nov 01, 5:35 pm

Hillarious stuff Sid, thanks for the laughs and the great tip about the 'real Afghan'. Wish I could write half as good.

MF

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Nov 01, 5:43 pm

Max Flower wrote:Hillarious stuff Sid, thanks for the laughs and the great tip about the 'real Afghan'. Wish I could write half as good.

MF

er, um..."...half as well..."

LOL and

PaXXX

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

oct21

Postby sidhe333 » Tue Nov 01, 9:21 pm

oct21:
our last full day in Amsterdam. each night here we've gotten more & more sleep, getting used to Mokum's own particular noises. i live in a city, so the usual urban noisescape is nothing new for me, but B lives in the woods, so i think it took him a little longer to filter it out. by now we are getting up around 10am or so, eating, smoking, the usual morning pattern... today it definitely is raining, misting, clearing, misting, raining, misting, clearing--the stereotypical day in the Lowlands. at this point in the trip, our fat cells are chocked-full with happy little THC molecules, so starting the day with something heavy like amnesia haze certainly was not out of the question. and what goes better with some trippy gauge? why, ol' nutjob van Gogh, of course. so off we trudge, getting fucking soaked in a brief downpour on the way there. no matter. gotta admit, for such a looney, the bloody guy could paint... his canvases belie his emotional roller coaster. y' can always tell how he felt at any particular time by his paintings. sometimes he's happy out in the fields, and sometimes there's a storm brewing in the sky. what can ya expect, the guy was schizophrenic, drinking way too much absinthe, and eating his lead paints. that'll fuck anybody up. and this poor bastard was painting all the while, kinda giving us an inside view into his madness. i'm not even a big fan of his stuff, but the museum is always worth another visit, and so we did... spent a good deal of the day walking around town, trying to cram it all into the memory, write it all to hard drive, to be used randomly later when i'm back at home & work, and all this will become a dream. yeah....a week is not enuff time, 2 weeks woulda been better... so back at the old hacienda, we are now gorging ourselves in weed and hashish. we put a hefty dent into all of our stash. most of the hasj was gone by nightfall, and i went thru a rolling frenzy; them super long papers (forget the brand, smoking??) were excellent for finishing up the different weeds. i was making joints of many different sizes, each one specific to the amount of the item. and we also had like 4 super long 'salads', made of the droppings of everything. so we went to work. kicking back on the couch, a spliff burning, and looking out the window at the Waag. fucking turrets right outside my window! by now, my cd player's batteries are almost kaput, so we're scanning the radio waves and tuning in god knows what....Czech polkas or something... and it's all fucking good.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Tue Nov 01, 9:35 pm

damn, guys... i'm blushing, thanx for the good words!
and to be praised by LH too.... jeepers!
if i could write as well as you...
i guess i'd be the next-to-the-lastHamlet.
the penultimateHamlet??

"alas, poor Yorick, i knew him slightly"

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Tue Nov 01, 10:51 pm

Excellent report thanks for taking the time!!

...Boner...

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

oct22

Postby sidhe333 » Thu Nov 03, 2:56 am

oct 22:
we awake, and say nothing, cause it's the dreaded departure day. pack eat pack eat pack. now to stuff all this crap into this small bag....hmmmmph! trash a few dirty laundry items to make room for the booty. .....no unfortunately, we do not plan to bring anything back, as we are too paranoid. i did many years ago, and was glad i did it, but i'm too old for this cops & criminals shit anymore. sorry to say, but there's too much to lose nowadays. so we smoked up all we could stand (left some for the clean-up crew) double-checked we didn't have a stray bag on us--good thing too, slung our bags, and down those tiny little stairs for the last time. outside we saw that Hill Street Blues was open and figured the place had always looked cool (we didn't go in the whole time we lived above it, tho tempted. one night we thought of stopping down, when we were greeted by some horribly off-key american girls crooning some demented version of the Beatles' 'Help'.... it was too much for us) so we pop in HSB for our last purchase...we check out the menu and samples plain in view. hmmmmm, we shoulda stopped here earlier in the week, nice treats. but we've one thing in mind, a good black hasj for the flight home. the nepal black looks good, so we get 2g of that--shoulda doubled it--and out into the street. break the puppy in half, and start softening it up into horse pills as we head for Central Station. i kept sniffing the sweet black in my fingers... last time i'll smell hasheesh for a while, got to savor it. smell is the most powerful of the senses, it'll time trip you in a nano-second. so enuff nose gay, we're almost to the station, we gulp down the gram per... B hits me up with a few more codeine (i hate flying) which i scarf on the train to Schiphol. it's a good mix, the hash & codeine... almost old time h&o mix. so we scrample from the station to the airport, i get the pat-down at security---why always me? and check in with like an hour & half to wait. ...good thing there's a bar closeby to dose up on nicotine. so the morning's gumbo of drugs are kicking in nicely as we seat on the plane. no open seats, so we were squshed. decent take-off, nice view thru the clouds of the dutch landscape. packed sardines hurtling thru the sky at 30000ft!!!!!! here's some food, is it chicken or fish, we never knew. a few hours later we're back in Iceland. this time a mid-day landing, with incredible views of an increasingly interesting land. if i come this way again, i think i'll stop over a bit, and explore this country. the drugs are full fx by now, and things a slightly colorful, and very relaxing. i bought a cool Iceland t-shirt in the gift shop, and some of the best bottled water ever to cross me gums. back onboard Icelandair, about 5hrs to Beantown. again we cross Greenland but with a much better view. incredible countries these North Atlantic Islands. harsh lands, but awe-inspiring from the air.... down across the Canadian Maritimes, skimming Maine, we eventually are in holding pattern over Logan. but not for long, as we finally descend thru the clouds. back to a wet New England. sliding up to customs...checks passport, etc....eyeballs me once, 'where are you coming from?' 'Holland'......looks at passport...'ok, come on in....' i'm thru the fucking gate, and i wanna burst becuase i coulda filled my bag with goodies, and once again, no bag check!! i know, i know, it'd be a whole different story if i was dirty.....but....but....but....but!
out to the bus platform, and soon we're whizzing our way to ProHo
so home again home again, jiggidy jig! and B leaves the next morn for points north.

and i'm sitting here saying..... was i just in Amsterdam?
what the fuck am i doing back here.....

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

conclusion

Postby sidhe333 » Thu Nov 03, 2:57 am

conclusion:
how do you conclude a trip to Amsterdam? by planning the next one i guess...
may be a while before i get back there. wifey wants Italy for the next trip, and i'm trying (without luck) to convince her that the shortest way to Rome is thru Amsterdam. she ain't buying it. i might even dig a euro-river tour, and many of them conveniently port in A'Dam! what a coincidence! stock up on some hash, and see the rivers....could be cool. but Italy is next. I've been thru Northern Italy, but never as far down as Rome. (will have to check HempCity's Italy forum, see what attitudes are, and if smoke is to be found) ...but when will i be back in me beloved Lowlands? i'm pining for the fjords already.... and those fit dutch women riding past on bicycles........ (chachiiiiiiiiing!)

regrets:
--never found Grey Area open
--didn't try a vapo
--didn't purchase any Ice
--didn't make it to Sensimillia
--didn't find Stella Blue, Cheese, and a couple other items
--didn't have more time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CS highlights:
--the window seat in Old Church
--Amnesia
--the Coin
--both Sativa & Indica (love those seats in Indica)

hope you enjoyed this little read. was fun to try to recall the when's & where's & who's & what's. but forgive your 'umble narrator if things got a bit confusing, as we were ourselves lost in a fog of sorts.

So Ends Another Chapter in the Continuing Saga;
'There, and Back Again'

peace, tolerance, truth--

JohnnyHempseed
power poster
power poster

Postby JohnnyHempseed » Thu Nov 03, 3:11 am

great report, guy. i cant wait to go meself..

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Nov 03, 6:15 pm

Great series of reports about a great trip! Er, um, one thing though " i'm pining for the fjords already...." where are they?

PaXXX

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Nov 03, 8:14 pm

Really nice job here Sid... I really appreciate the little tips, especially the one regarding de Looier. I bought an old newspaper engraving of the Magere Brug from the 1880's... it is good to know of another place!

Avory
just in
just in

Postby Avory » Thu Nov 03, 10:55 pm

Great read, sidhe333!! You have an amazing "story-telling" style. Thanks for sharing. God, I miss the Dam!

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Re: oct19

Postby viking » Thu Nov 03, 11:44 pm

sidhe333 wrote: jeez i love the smell of hash.... sweetest spice on earth!
Amen, brother!

Great report!

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hammer » Fri Nov 04, 2:38 am

Sidhe333, your tale took me back to great memories. Did you notice a great looking young lady with beautiful eyes behind the bar(not the bud bar) at the indica in Haarlem? Her name is Deborah, and WOW! Nice girl.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Fri Nov 04, 8:30 am

BOhannon wrote:Great series of reports about a great trip! Er, um, one thing though " i'm pining for the fjords already...." where are they?

PaXXX

sorry, bit o' the old Python... dead parrot---"a norwegian blue, lovely plumage---he's not dead, he's pining for the fjords!"

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”