what kinda job do all of you have so you dont hafta worry..

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

JohnnyHempseed
power poster
power poster

what kinda job do all of you have so you dont hafta worry..

Postby JohnnyHempseed » Mon Aug 29, 1:29 am

about a drug test when you come back from A-dam? i know this probably isnt the appropriate forum for this post, but i couldnt think of another place to post.

ALSO, I work in the aviation biz (Mechanic), hence i cant smoke. but i plan on going to A-dam in the next 5 months with my usually non-schmokin wife and plan on SCHMOKIN my A$$ off. i wonder how the schmokin will floor me. i used to schmoke all the time up until about a year ago.. any thoughts on either of these subject?

sdshadow
super power poster
super power poster

Postby sdshadow » Mon Aug 29, 3:03 am

One lot of advice: Keep the fact that you are going to Amsterdam on the down-low and you may be less likely to be drugs tested.

Think really hard about it before you take that risk as no amount of time in Amsterdam "schmoking your ass off" is worth your job. If you work in a skilled field, like aviation mechanics, and you get fired for failing a drugs test, it will also not look good to future employers.

liteyouup

Postby liteyouup » Mon Aug 29, 7:27 am

I know a guy that used the Urinator (bag of clean piss with a fake penis). He wore it everyday to work until one day last month they gave him a hair folicle test. He got fired.

bluntman
super poster
super poster

Postby bluntman » Mon Aug 29, 1:45 pm

lol, look at the the other threads on channels to tell you how to pass a drug test. Firstly if your worried you will fail you can take certain measures to pass. to sart with to fake a urine test either get a saple of a friend thats clean, or you can buy tonics that will remove traces of cannabis in your urine about an hour after drinking them, though these do work, they are expensive. The next is the hair test. I cannot remember which channelite mentioned this, but if you hair is 1.5" or longer then it will contain traces of canabis for up to 90 days, the obvious way to avoid that is to have a nice short haircut after your trip from amsterdam. Im sure other channelites will post other ways to pass the test.

peace out,
blunty

Old Hippie Dave
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Old Hippie Dave » Mon Aug 29, 3:56 pm

or.........................just buy some detox at Da Shack.........45 bucks

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

EUROPE.

Postby LastHamlet » Thu Sep 08, 9:19 pm

Simple, as SDSHadow said,
"Where are you going on your vacation?"
"Europe, you know Germany, Paris, and places of the such."
What you do not say, you just do not say. :-)
Also, as SD said,,,, think first, of the trail you want to be on, think if you really want to be like some of us. By that "some of us", I mean those who have selected the sword of ghanja to live by already.
Personally, no job is worth pissing in a cup, but I am one of the most extreme exceptions, and you do not want to be like me, I assure you. So think about it, cause the sword you live by, so to speak, may be the one that gets you in the end.
Many Best Regards,
LH
Last edited by LastHamlet on Mon Sep 26, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Sound Diva
power poster
power poster

Postby The Sound Diva » Thu Sep 08, 9:30 pm

I'm a paralegal and my boss and I have been joking about my trip to A'Dam and all the coffeeshops! This guy is cool. No drug tests for this lady.

TSD

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DedBud » Thu Sep 08, 10:14 pm

I'm in charge of security and risk management for a large real estate investment trust that owns and manages skyscrapers and office complexes in Chicago and the US East Coast. That also puts me on several local, regional and national committees on Homeland Security, Disaster Management, etc.

I guess they just think I'm a stand-up guy and couldn't possibly have anything to do with gutter-trash dope users. Actually that's not true either. In my last couple of positions, I've usually answered only to the heads of the company and have gotten some ribbing from them about my vacation destinations. A couple of times they joked about how they better start testing me when I come back and both times, I said "go ahead, if you're ready to deal with the results." Haven't been tested yet.

Although Docski thinks I'm really an old hippie, I'm well disguised during working hours as a genuine red-tie wearing corporate conservative.

liteyouup

Postby liteyouup » Fri Sep 09, 5:10 am

Botanist.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Sep 11, 1:52 am

sdshadow wrote:One lot of advice: Keep the fact that you are going to Amsterdam on the down-low and you may be less likely to be drugs tested.

Think really hard about it before you take that risk as no amount of time in Amsterdam "schmoking your ass off" is worth your job. If you work in a skilled field, like aviation mechanics, and you get fired for failing a drugs test, it will also not look good to future employers.

SD and LH's advice is right-on, heed what they said! You also mentioned "non-smoking wife" WOW, that issue alone is subject to get your ass in a sling. What-ever your choice, be smart.
.......................................................................................................sp

Professor
power poster
power poster

Postby Professor » Sun Sep 11, 8:05 am

http://www.passyourdrugtest.com/
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/tes ... nfo1.shtml
http://www.cannabis.com/

May be of help to you. I also work in an industry where testing is done at the time of employment. How you are tested may make a difference in how you approach the problem. Your level of body fat will also make a difference in how long it stays in your system. Urine testing is still the standard in most cases because it is cheaper but hair and saliva tests are increasing. I've never had a positive test but then I always knew when the test was coming.

aloha

patrick

Postby patrick » Mon Sep 12, 1:47 am

i don't have to take a test. i tell everybody where i go now, its fun to see the reaction. its either, "why are you going there?" or "i want to go"

the first joint will floor you and then its up to you after that. have fun, besure to tour the cannibis college grow room and besure to try a vaporizer.

Redhohoho
power poster
power poster

Postby Redhohoho » Fri Sep 23, 8:48 pm

Scobbie Snack and a friend used the Urinator. It worked fine but they *knew* when they were going to get tested.

steek
super poster
super poster

Postby steek » Sat Sep 24, 2:27 am

You are all to paranoid. Dont even think about drug tests. The more you keep thinking about it then you will end up being tested! Body language can play a great role in people being caught. And as some of the others said DONT tell your employers that you visit The Netherlands because even if youre not a smoker or a shroomer people will always think that you are.

F Z
power poster
power poster

Postby F Z » Tue Oct 18, 11:40 pm

2 words........Synthetic Urine

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

what kinda job do all of you have so you dont hafta worry

Postby FlyByNite » Tue Oct 18, 11:52 pm

I work for a Dutch guy, A really nice boss too.

Enjoy
FlyByNite

liteyouup

Postby liteyouup » Wed Oct 19, 9:04 am

bluntman wrote:lol, look at the the other threads on channels to tell you how to pass a drug test. Firstly if your worried you will fail you can take certain measures to pass. to sart with to fake a urine test either get a saple of a friend thats clean, or you can buy tonics that will remove traces of cannabis in your urine about an hour after drinking them, though these do work, they are expensive. The next is the hair test. I cannot remember which channelite mentioned this, but if you hair is 1.5" or longer then it will contain traces of canabis for up to 90 days, the obvious way to avoid that is to have a nice short haircut after your trip from amsterdam. Im sure other channelites will post other ways to pass the test.

peace out,
blunty

They can do it from your pubes too.

mint fresh Julian
power poster
power poster

Re: EUROPE.

Postby mint fresh Julian » Wed Oct 19, 11:45 am

LastHamlet wrote:"
Personally, no job is worth pissing in a cup, but I am one of the most extreme exceptions, and you do not want to be like me, I assure you. So think about it, cause the sword you live by, so to speak, may be the one that gets you in the end.
Many Best Regards,
LH

Sorry to surf in so late on this but I'm intrigued, Hamlet! What DO you do to pass time, and why would I not want to be like you? :-D

woody
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby woody » Wed Oct 19, 12:48 pm

steek wrote:You are all to paranoid. Dont even think about drug tests. The more you keep thinking about it then you will end up being tested! Body language can play a great role in people being caught. And as some of the others said DONT tell your employers that you visit The Netherlands because even if youre not a smoker or a shroomer people will always think that you are.

They're not paranoid, Steek. Drug testing is widespread in the US. A friend of mine works for a big US firm which tried to introduce testing for UK employees - the staff - backed by their union, told them where to stick it (I believe European human rights legislation was mentioned) and it never went any further, but many US employees have to be very careful, even if their work tasks are unlikely to be affected by moderate use of drugs/booze.

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DedBud » Wed Oct 19, 2:50 pm

liteyouup wrote:They can do it from your pubes too.

Synthetic pubes!!!

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

testing at work.

Postby oracle » Wed Oct 19, 3:24 pm

I know for sure that i will not be testing myself!!!!!! But i have heard through friends,that a number of uk. companies are starting to drug test.
What next?? (In the uk. we are no longer allowed to say the words-fat and dwarf. eg. it is now, Snow white and the seven garden keepers!!! Pathetic.) .Peace.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: EUROPE.

Postby LastHamlet » Thu Oct 20, 1:27 pm

mint fresh Julian wrote:
LastHamlet wrote:"
Many Best Regards,
LH

Sorry to surf in so late on this but I'm intrigued, Hamlet! What DO you do to pass time, and why would I not want to be like you? :-D

Interesting you should ask... Maybe the answer is not what anybody wants to hear.
Many years I spent working 2 jobs, 2 full time jobs, weekends as well. In hot dye houses, paper coating, and business of the likes. When this whole drug testing started in 1988, I drew a line in the sand, so to speak. If piss, hair, mucus was the way they were to test my character, honor and work ethic, I was not to be a part of it. My actions, attendance, loyalty and work quality is really all they are paying for,,,, and that is all I am willing to give.
I have spent many years working through temporary companies, going through the back-doors of the game. Taking less money per hour, having to refuse permanant jobs, because I was not willing to take those tests. It has been the way I have charged these windmills, and challenged the right to give the tests. Besides that,,, let's face it, I am who they are after... The Weed Smoker, by default, in their eyes, public enemy number one. What a threat our kind are,,, Yeah Right, but that is yet another issue all together.
I could spend hours, and I mean hours telling you why these test are an invasion on personal time,,, time they are not paying for,, but all I am sure it has already been said before, by better thinkers than I.
In other words, let me sum it all up... Once a fellow asked me a similar question as this, and my answer to him, I am sure still has him thinking.
"Ed", I said, "I will do things to myself, pay the most screwed up of tolls on purpose, that you and your wallet will not let you do to yourself."
With his strange look, and realizing the only way to somehow decode that was that he did listen to Bob Dylan, so I continued to say... "In a Dylan song, Ed, are the words "No one sends flesh and blood to fight by your side", Ed, I am that flesh and blood, and my beliefs is all I really have, so bring on the windmills, bring on your crummy jobs and low pay, I can take it.
Sure, I am getting older now, but still I have never taken a piss, hair, blood, or swab test.
See, the way I got it figured is they say this is all to save money,,, right???(On insurance claims, basically, they say.)
Well, they are not very smart, I tell you. Seeing how most will fake these tests anyhow, cause we all have a vice or two, they are spending money for nothing, in an effort to control us... A failed effort, but an effort nonetheless.
Well, their problem can be solved in one swoop... Hire all the weed smokers you can, with good work ethics that is. Do not waste you money drug testing them upon hiring, but at the point of any accident. Guess what??? They would not have to be paying very many claims at that point, cause as I mentioned many times in the past,,,, these are, for the most part, 'Weed Tests'. If we took these tests as they expected us, honestly that is,,,,,, we would fail them. So, in ways, if we fake it, our honesty is already at question.
That's my answer, as to why you wish not to be me. I drew that line in the sand, and it is a hard thing to live up to, but I am what I am, and faking it, just never seemed an option to me.
I told you, the answer may not be what anybody wants to hear.
Sadly, I really earned my screen-name, many years ago.
Likely before I even knew it.???

I was 17 years old when a much older fellow, threw out some words to analogize me... This is what he said of me.
"You'll not only stand in the fire and watch it burn you, but will be stood accused of being the one to light the match."

I didn't understand that, then, but as years pass, I reflect back, and realize, the old dude had me pegged, and I was too young and stupid to realize it.
Though sometimes, and they are rare strange enough, I don't want to be me.

Think of the Sword you select to live by,
LastHamlet

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Thu Oct 20, 1:34 pm

DedBud wrote:
liteyouup wrote:They can do it from your pubes too.

Synthetic pubes!!!

DedBud, That was funny, and I neraly lost it laughing at this one...
"Synthetic pubes"
Likely I will get a hoot out of this for years..
Best Regards,
LH

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Thu Oct 20, 2:19 pm

No job. But that will change. Unfortunately, I do take into consideration if I am going to be drug tested. There are some jobs out there that don't test. I got to weigh what is really more important.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Indeed

Postby LastHamlet » Thu Oct 20, 6:03 pm

Birdman wrote:No job. But that will change. Unfortunately, I do take into consideration if I am going to be drug tested. There are some jobs out there that don't test. I got to weigh what is really more important.

Powerful Words Birdman, Powerful indeed.!!!

As we get older, things do change. If we wish to ride the same horse of youth, we have to pick our battles, or at least go for those places that do not test. We have to realize that we, for some silly reasons and laws, are the enemy. We have to make a choice to get off the horse of youth, or count our rounds, and remember to save one, so to speak.
The real question is how much have we grown attached to that 'Sword'. That 'Sword', in this case, being the Ghanja.
Of all the good times Ghanja has given me, of all the mental serenity in an otherwise cluttered mind, for all the times I relied upon the Ghanja, and she was there... For the people I have met through the Ghanja, who were most honorable... For all the many years I have truely loved her, I still feel I will ride this horse until the bitter end. Of course, that is the 'Sword' I selected to live by, so as I mentioned in an earlier post, it will likely get me in the end.
To this, and in the spirit of the rat shooting the middle finger at the eagle as he is swooping down, poster,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, So be it!!!
What does one life(mine), really matter in the vast workings of things??? Actually, very little. BUT, I guess 'Little' nonetheless, is more than 'Nothing'.
As a famous author(Frost) wrote of there being two different trails, I also chose the one less traveled,,, and it did make all the difference... Just not in the ways I originally expected.
I guess if there were not anybody like me, with my strange perspectives, you just might have to invent one, kinda like Don King,,, LOL :-)

To The Roads Less Traveled,
LH

I Still Have Times That I Do Not Want To Be Me.
Yes, I Am Crazy!!!

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Postby oracle » Fri Oct 21, 3:15 pm

It's great to see you go through life with the courage of your convictions-I too take the same road and have no regrets.Feel that many of us on the channels, would agree, that we do take the 'lesser' path or should that be the 'higher'? But, it is the right path to go in the long run.IMO.
.Peace.

mint fresh Julian
power poster
power poster

Postby mint fresh Julian » Fri Oct 21, 4:41 pm

Thanks, Hamlet. I admire your convictions.

I don't know how prevalent testing is here in the UK, but there is NO WAY I would subject myself to shit like that.

No - WAY.

JohnnyHempseed
power poster
power poster

Postby JohnnyHempseed » Fri Oct 21, 10:35 pm

Last Hamlet, your words were incredible. I can't wait to sit and smoke with you some evening in Mecca. You seem to be quite wise. i look forward to your posts.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sat Oct 22, 1:04 am

Last Hamlet re: your post: "Indeed"......well said
and to quote you....I Still Have Times That I Do Not Want To Be Me.
Yes, I Am Crazy!!!.......maybe some of the BEST people I've ever meet were certifiable. Have you ever noticed "crazy people" can do almost anything and folks just, shrug there shoulders and say, their crazy. Their actions are acceptable. Let those deemed "normal" try something over-the-edge and explanations are warranted.

sp

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Sat Oct 22, 12:01 pm

You take the low road and I'll take the high road and I'll get to Potland afore ye!

Hey LH, glad we are kindred minds! I was talking about jobs last night with me wife and I said, "Shit, I don;t know about that job, I think they do a drug test." And she said, "Well you could quit smoking weed." I just looked at her. That would make me a teetotaller and I ain't ready for sobriety 24/7 365 right yet.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”