LH, Trip Report/ Day 10 thru The Finish.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Newbie Doo2
power poster
power poster

Postby Newbie Doo2 » Sat May 10, 9:42 pm

LH, Im so glad we have all helped you in some way..............
you are a good man............go and enjoy yourself............I would love to meet you on that trip, not sure if I can ....but by god I will try.

ND2

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sat May 10, 11:41 pm

Excellent news LH!!! I have one suggestion for you to consider...you have 2 tickets right now, ja? Go twice. Go once when you are scheduled to and use the other ticket for another trip sometime within 1 year. I think that is how long the credit would be good for. Now if you have negotiations going on for a friend to join you on this trip then it won't fly, but if not, something to think about. Either way have a great time in paradise, you can officially start counting the days again :-)

moe.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Top Of The World to You All.

Postby LastHamlet » Sun May 11, 5:51 am

ND2, I hope you get a chance to come, as I would be glad to meet you in person. Thanks for the thoughts, and sharing your experiance as well. It helped us both.
Viðrar vel til loftárása, I am easy to get to know actually. Hope I can meet you for a smoke. Thanks for the thoughts. BTW, That is a 10 dollar handle sure enough, what is the story behind that one? Just curious.
Moe, dam sure wish you could come to. I still owe you several smokes. Yeah, I am looking at a name change on that ticket. A friend is a good thing to have on a journey. A much deserving friend who could use an 'ass-kicking' in a weed smoke out. hehehehe. lol. Actually, I could very well get my ass kicked in this challenge. Thanks for the kind thoughts, Moe.
I believe you are correct Mr. C, I will come from all of this a new man. It has had /still does have a hard impact on me, but I am gonna just try to be me, and hope for the best in Life. Thanks.
Jahshua, Oh Yeah... Thumbs up.
Suze, You know I got to meet and hang out with you and you husband. Thanks for the kind letters from the two of you. They helped a lot.
Dobbs, Thanks as well. Yeah, I Had to do the report, Your words were wonderful.
Blueberry, always thanks to you. You are always helpful to people, and I needed someone to tell me to get off my ass.
I don't have enough eyesight to keep typing this evening, but you all did and have continued to help me so much. Many more channelites than mentioned as well. You are all great.
There is Good in the World, 'Channelites' are living proof.

Viðrar vel til loftárása
power poster
power poster

Postby Viðrar vel til loftárása » Sun May 11, 7:13 am

haha, it's the name of a song by a band i like... it's icelandic for "nice day for an airstrike." It is quite a mouthful.

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Sun May 11, 11:34 am

Once again, another excellent front line field report. This time I fired up a nice bowl before commencing reading, and again, was magically transported to the streets and shops of Amsterdam.

Relationships with women............ What can I say? I know *exactly* what you are speaking about and what you are now going through. The same has happened to me a couple times, and certainly just about the lowest points in my life. And looking at it from the perspective of many many years, when experiencing something that emotionally catastrophic, when alll is said and done, in the end, something is lost or extinguished permanently.

So I was happy to see that you will make that summer pilgrimage after all. That is the best thing you can do, in my opinion. Nowhere else on the planet can one instantly get away from life's daily drivle. Yes, there's still gonna be that emotional baggage, but it gets a lot lighter in that rarified Nederland air. And one or two good episodes of a good solid totally shit-faced drunk can, in the end, have a profound and positive theraputic effect.

The gods are with you.........

:-) Dogbreath

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Well Said Dogbreath.

Postby LastHamlet » Sun May 11, 2:00 pm

Yes, Something will be permantly extinguished, that is for sure. Good words Dogbreath. One thing I cannot do, that is Drink, or do pills for that matter. I got drunk one time in my life. I was 17 and drank four-16oz. glasses of Smirnoff 100 proof Vodka, in 15 minutes time. After walking outside, the world was literally spinning, and I headed home on foot. Never made the four block tread. Blacked out in the woods, they tell me. 2 fellows picked me up and had to drag me home and called my Mom. I got to tell you I nearly died, really. Three days went by before any cognition came back. That was the sickest I ever been. After playing with that snake one time, I never played again. I was thinking of another hard coffeeshop benge though. Glad you liked the report DB. Thanks Man.
Viðrar vel til loftárása, indeed very interesting. It is indeed a phrase I cannot sound out.
Don't let this dilemma bum anybody out, a good coffeeshop crawl goes a long way.
Best Wishes for All.

patrick

true

Postby patrick » Sun May 11, 3:14 pm

we should get together and try the 20 stop coffeeshop crawl or maybe the "we smoked a pound in 7 days" thing. unfortunatly if the dollar does not make a strong come back soon i will have to postpone my vist till jan. 2004.

to steal a line from a john prine song

broken hearts and dirty windows make life difficult to see, thats why last night and this morning always look the same to me.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

WOW.

Postby LastHamlet » Sun May 11, 5:51 pm

Those are moving words, Patrick. If you think about it though, we may have gotten out lucky. At least we got the dagger early, and it never got to the 'MeatLoaf' point. You know the song "Paradice by the Dashboard Lights"
The last lines that is, "Praying For the End of Time, So I Can End My Time With You." It don't make things easier to me, knowing I was scrapped off, so to speak. Alas, I do have the rest of my life, though. Of course, I will be looking out those windows, but not in sheer misery. The sheer misery of the real loneliness of this world. Which is being alone while you are with that someone. That paying the debt of your life, with your life, for the sake of the deed to each others life. That is a misery trail we were spared Patrick. We will have to do that coffeeshop crawl one day, for sure. You are Too right on the Euro/Dollar thing. This is the worst it has ever been.
We will keep our heads up Man, we are here to do something in this world. I ain't sure what, but it is coming.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon May 12, 2:48 pm

LastHamlet... try this one on...

LastHamlet makes his trip to Mecca as a new man...
And stops in his favorite coffeshop OldStyle for a hit of his favorite something sweet... He's now truly a new man.
What does this new man want next? "I'll take another hit!"

Glad to see you making it back.

patrick

view counts

Postby patrick » Mon May 12, 2:58 pm

only the great dogbreath has exceeded your view count for a single post. great report even with the tragedy. the mark is set very very high ( i.e. confuzn 250G/10 days )

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Tradegy Draws More Than Solitude.

Postby LastHamlet » Tue May 13, 1:38 am

Yeah Banks thats it, then polish off the whole hooter. well said.
The bar is a bit high at that 250/10 day thing for me. I am a lesser squire than that. I am not sure I can hang Patrick. We may have to lower the bar.
BTW,
Anybody ever hear of 'Dire Straits' and their Album 'Making Movies'. There is a song on that one called "Romeo and Juliet", give it a real good listen. Here is a line from it, I thought might fit in here.

"When You can Fall for chains of silver, Fall for chains of gold. Fall for pretty strangers and the promises they hold. You promised me everything, You promised me thick and thin... Now you're just another Romeo, Yeah I used to have a scene with him..."

Hell, why stop there? let me rip one more line out until you get to listen to
the song for yourself.

"I dreamed Your dream for You, and now your dream is real. How can You look at me as if I was just another one of your Deals.."

Now that is pure poetry. Check it out. It Makes a whole lot of sense.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue May 13, 10:46 am

"And all I do is miss you,
And the way we used to be,
All I do is keep the beat,
And bad company,
All I do is kiss you,
Through the bars of a rhyme,
Julie I'd do the stars with you,
Any time,

Juliet,
The dice was loaded from the start,
And I bet,
And you exploded in my heart and I forget,
I forget,
The movie song.
When are you gonna realise, it was just that the time was wrong?"

I know it well...

But 250g in 10 days? A quarter of a kilo? That's mental.

Viðrar vel til loftárása
power poster
power poster

Postby Viðrar vel til loftárása » Tue May 13, 12:04 pm

Dazzler wrote:But 250g in 10 days? A quarter of a kilo? That's mental.

Yeah, no kidding. Pretty soon people are going to see in how short a time they can smoke their body weight in pot.

patrick

interesting

Postby patrick » Tue May 13, 2:56 pm

i will start doing the math today.

Viðrar vel til loftárása
power poster
power poster

Postby Viðrar vel til loftárása » Tue May 13, 3:27 pm

Or, as a less expensive but just as fun alternative, you could attempt to "smoke your age" in grams in a set amount of time. =)

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue May 13, 3:43 pm

It could be a regular birthday thing. A kind of 18th-birthday initiation ceremony. You fly your friend whose birthday it is out to Amsterdam, where they wake up in a hotel with a card in their hand

"You are in Amsterdam.
You have a long weekend to smoke your age.
Go."

Viðrar vel til loftárása
power poster
power poster

Postby Viðrar vel til loftárása » Tue May 13, 3:48 pm

reminiscent of the american "21 shots" coming-of-drinking-age tradition. Ahhh... I remember it well. Wait, no, I don't.

VVTL

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue May 13, 3:49 pm

Ah.

It's 21 pints here.

Newbie Doo2
power poster
power poster

Postby Newbie Doo2 » Tue May 13, 4:51 pm

Aahh Those were the days !!

Come to think of it I can't remember much about my first *legal* night out either.

ND2

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

That's the Ticket.

Postby LastHamlet » Tue May 13, 11:17 pm

Dazzler wrote:"And all I do is miss you,
And the way we used to be,
All I do is keep the beat,
And bad company,
All I do is kiss you,
Through the bars of a rhyme,
Julie I'd do the stars with you,
Any time,

Juliet,
The dice was loaded from the start,
And I bet,
And you exploded in my heart and I forget,
I forget,
The movie song.
When are you gonna realise, it was just that the time was wrong?"

I know it well...

Indeed, you know it well Dazzler. You ripped out one of the master lines for sure, picking up right where I left off... Dam I love good poetry like that. It is sad, but it is so good.
The whole album is a classic, their best (IMHO)

patrick

math

Postby patrick » Wed May 14, 12:20 am

still doing the math but one good thing for me is i started smoking at a young age, one bad thing is i am a bit over weight. the G/age thing is also interesting, i think i could smoke 40 grams in a good weekend. sounds fun.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Wed May 14, 6:45 am

I always liked what this had to offer:

The Grateful Dead - Ripple

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine
And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung
Would you hear my voice come through the music
Would you hold it near as it were your own?

It's a hand-it-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
I don't know, don't really care
Let there be songs to fill the air

(Chorus)

Ripple in still water
When there is no pebble tossed
No wind to blow

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty
If your cup is full may it be again
Let it be known there is a fountain
That was not made by the hands of men

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
And if you go no one may follow
That path is for your steps alone

(Chorus)

You who choose to lead must follow
But if you fall you fall alone
If you should stand then who's to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home

Hey LH, being a Dylan fan, have you ever heard "Postcards of the Hanging" Grateful Dead perform the songs of Bob Dylan? Its all live and a very good selection of his tunes. IMHO

moe.

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Song lyrics

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Wed May 14, 7:46 am

I got the blues, the reds and the pinks
One thing's for sure - Love Stinks

J. Geils Band.

Not one of my favorites but apropos nonetheless.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Yes Indeed

Postby LastHamlet » Thu May 15, 3:29 am

I have heard them Moe, they are really good. I have them somewhere around here. Those were good words you posted as well, great tune, great tune indeed.
LaTristesseDurera, I have heard that one live(great Tune), and used to think it made a lot of sence, but the reality is much different I think.
When in fact, even damaged at the moment, I still believe Love is Grand. It is the fuel we as humans, really need to survive. Without a better half in our lives, we are just a half.
The sad truth is; we as humans sometimes stink at love...

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu May 15, 5:03 am

Or as Dylan recently says... "Things have changed..."

GT
power poster
power poster

Postby GT » Thu May 15, 6:47 pm

the indigo girls do an outstanding cover of "romeo & juliet" on their rites of passage cd, emotion filled.

the ripple reference made me drag out american beauty, listening to "box of rain" right now.

what do you want me to do
to see you through
a box of rain
will ease the pain
and love will see you through.

Mr. Charlie
super poster
super poster

Postby Mr. Charlie » Thu May 15, 11:26 pm

Aaaah, Dead lyrics....

"Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Scarlet Begonias

"It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'"
"Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin' me feel now" - Lazy Lightning/Supplication

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Fri May 16, 12:09 am

I must say this is an awesome thread, I just had to reread it all again and man it is looooong. It must be one of the most replied to threads on this forum, so I have to give to ya LastHamlet for starting one of the most comforting and inspirational threads ever!!

BlueBerry

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

It was in The Building that Made It Great.

Postby LastHamlet » Sat May 17, 2:20 am

Thanks a lot Blueberry, you are so nice. Actually, it is all the replies and other fine people, including yourself, we have to credit for building this awesome thread.
Each day gets a little better in some ways, especially when reading these wonderful replies. In some ways I feel I will always be scared from this one, but a lesson will come from it. I will learn a little more each day, and though it may not make me better, or things better, it will make me better at seeing things clearer.. Maybe that is the best we can hope to do with things.
All you people are the Greatest.

Mr. Charlie
super poster
super poster

Postby Mr. Charlie » Sat May 17, 8:36 am

Mr. Charlie wrote:"Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Scarlet Begonias

LH - if you need anything to give you hope, I ALWAYS use this one. Just keep your eyes open.

" 'Cause Mr. Charlie told me so...."

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”