LH, Trip Report/ Days 7 thru 9

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

LH, Trip Report/ Days 7 thru 9

Postby LastHamlet » Sat May 03, 10:07 pm

DAY #7

Well we are getting pretty predictable in the fact that we miss the hotel breakfast a lot. It still does not matter to us. However, my wife does love her coffee, first thing in the morning. We quickly got dressed and hopped a tram #1 for town. I was carrying with me a special plaque; my wife made right after we heard the ‘Old Style’ opened back up for business. It has an artist drawing of me, with a few black and whites of the ‘Old Style’ pasted around it. At the bottom is a cigarette lighter, it’s one of theirs, logo and all. At the top of the plaque, it is signed by the wife and I. It is all mounted on a thin piece of wood.
Well upon arrival, I presented the plaque to the fellows that were there. They were so touched by the gesture; they mounted it on the wall immediately. There is a TV mounted to the corner just between the bathrooms and the wet bar. If you would like to see that plaque now, look just below the TV to the right.
We were into some interesting conversations about their closure. The barkeep whooped out some photos of the whole event. The boarding up, the signs, the on-going tragedies, and alas the re-opening. We had quite a lengthy discussion, during the photo show he was displaying. He actually showed me a photo of the man who owned the place and all three Rokerij’s. It was as if two old friends were telling of things since their last ‘friends get-together’. I was walking down the trail of every event of the events we all read about on the ‘coffeeshop closure alert’ thread, originally posted by Buck-O-Five.<Un-desputed King of Posts.(IMHO.)
The fellow spoke a while longer when he carefully selected a picture that had all the members in it. He handed me that picture and said, This is yours. I was extremely touched by this unsuspecting token of good will and friendship. I kept looking at the photo even after he had returned to his barkeep position and resumed his typical Dutch Firm Stance. What can I say, but I love these people. It is hard to put your finger on it, but there is something really special about all the Dutch people. In their efforts to just be, they become more than they could ever imagine. I finished my smoke still eye-fixed on the photo.
As I left holding the picture, I felt as though I really knew these people much better than before. I secured the picture in a piece of cardboard and then we headed to catch a tram #9. As the tram pulled up to Plantage Kerklaan, we saw OldHippy standing at the stop, in eager await of our arrival. We jumped out and waited for the #9 headed back to CS. Our new friend seemed much more refreshed than the day before. Of course, it was his first day yesterday, and that usually is a tired one. We headed through the not so crowded Central Station to get our tickets to Haarlem. It was a quick process and we were on the train platform in minutes. The train also arrived in minutes, having all three of us headed to Haarlem with eager anticipation of what we would find and see. It is always good to see something new in our favored place of travel. After all the good info we had all acquired on Blueberry’s wonderful website, this was going to be already somewhat familiar. Not in the actual seeing in person as of yet, but in the reading so much of this wonderful little place. Upon pulling up to Haarlem, we were all so excited to finally get here. OldHippyGuy had brought along a ‘Peace Pipe’ souvenir to give to Nol. It was quite the work of art. It was not a small peace pipe either. It was of average size and rather magnificent looking.
We stopped just outside the train station to get a bead on the place with the map I had. BTW, that map I printed from Blueberry’s website. Thanks again Blueberry. Well you look dead ahead, and the first stop was on the right side of that first street. I think the banner over the shop said Willie Wortels, Sativa. Something like that. I was so in awe of this quite little town, I was more looking all around at this pretty little city. Dam, this is so peaceful and so beautiful. No wonder you stay here blueberry, this is the shit. BTW, did you stay at the Joules Hotel, cause later we walked by it and I think I remember OHG saying he thought you stayed there. I like the looks of that place; it looks like somewhere I would defiantly stay. Blueberry, I have to say you got real good taste. This whole city has a different essence than AMS, not just that the pace was slower and you could enjoy more that way, but a serenity vibe that is UN-matched in peacefulness. It just seems so much different than AMS, yet in ways it is somewhat alike. Coffeeshops for one, and that is a good thing. I didn’t see where they have taken away any peace from this quite little haven.
Well that first Coffeeshop has the most interesting benches. I think it is like old-style bus or train seats, but in excellent condition. It was a real interesting shop with a vending machine that actually dispensed lighters, g’s of hash and spliffs; I liked to have tripped out. Man, What I would give to have a vending machine like that in the states. I am always amazed at the extent of the herbalist creativity. Now to be perfectly honest I was at the very back of the shop, getting some colas and coffee, and did not see what kind of herb my wife and OldHippy got at the weed counter. They told me later, a few grams of Kriptonite, a few grams of Orange Bud and a few of White Widow. I don’t even know their prices, but I figured that OldHippy would include that in his report. I was still looking around at this shop in amusement. I have to tell you the best part though. I am an absolute lingerie enthusiast, and you will never believe how they mark the bathrooms. The Ladies room was marked with a pair of pretty pinkish with black trim, ladies g-string panties. Now, I really don’t care what size they are I just find the appearance of ladies panties so sweet. BTW, they appear to be ladies size 12, even sweeter. I don’t wear ladies panties or nothing, I can just tell the panty size pretty dam well. Of course, if I did it would be a ladies size 8. LOL...The men’s room was marked with a Euro type boxer type men’s drawers, I ain’t amused with men’s underwear though. They were both hanging above the entrances of the bathrooms themselves. I won’t long forget that sight.
Well, OHG was checking into the status of Nol, and trying to reach his friend on the cell phone the barkeep gave him to use. These people were really kind and super friendly. They were as nice of people as in any C’shop I have been in. Just as friendly as some of my most favorite coffeeshops.
We remained in the nice shop smoking up about two huge joints and a bowl of Grey Mist Bud I brought along. When we finally decided to leave we headed to the right to go check out the Grout Market. It wasn’t very far or hard to find, but different than I think Blueberry seen it last.
They had set up a bunch of amusement rides. I seem to remember they were setting up some of those same rides in the Dam, before we left this morning. They have a carnival (Joyland) set in place of the Grout Market, so we didn’t get to see it like it was when you did, Blueberry. They had a ride that spun four people at each end, around like a windmill. A big windmill, I mean. A big, fast windmill. It spun right beside that big Church that is in that square. It looked like it came so close to hitting it... I cannot ride those kinds of rides; it would make me hurl. They had bumper cars and all kinds of rides, but we weren’t exactly ‘ride the rides kinda people’, little old and stoney for that. I should speak for myself on that one. “I am too old and stoney for that”. We did wander around a while checking the scene. They had cotton candy stands, a small bakery set up and all. It was indeed interesting, but I truly wanted to see the Grout Market as it normally was. Oh well, on to getting lost in Haarlem. It is hard to get lost in Haarlem. It is smaller than AMS and a lot more laid back. I think I would love to stay here and train into AMS. I think it is so much more the peace I need, course I still love AMS. If I had not already made full arrangements for this June/July, I swear the wife and I would stay here instead.
Right about now we needed some eatable nutrition, and began looking for something somewhat quick. We found this, I guess, butcher shop. They had a few instantly eatable items, some kind of brown rice dish and a few other tidbits. They didn’t even mind heating up our dishes, although their normal clientele didn’t usually get instant eat items. We kinda figured we were in the wrong kind of shop. We were stoned and to in need of munchies to go elsewhere. Hell, we were already in the shop and we really didn’t care what we got to eat at that moment. My wife also purchased a whole loaf of bread to feed the ducks, pigeons and other birds. The fellow at the counter was nice and told us a neat little place that we could eat at benches. Yeah, we never found it, and it was just around the corner. We did settle for sitting on a canal wall and scarffing down our snacks and rice. LastOphelia started feeding the birds, in a few moments the word got out in the local bird community and there were more birds. You know how that goes. Sort of like; open a coffeeshop and they will come... After finishing the munch we were lighting up a cigarette and I decided to gaze at my ‘Old Style’ photo, I just got that morning. A quick gust of wind and the photo flew instantly into the canal. Now, that moment lasted 5 minutes for me. All the while contemplating jumping in that canal to retrieve that precious photo. I brought that fact up and OldHippy, looked at me and calmly said, don’t do it, it is already ruined. He said he read the thoughts on my face. I did not realize my thoughts of jumping were so apparent on my face. Apparently, both of them could tell how close I come to taking the big splash. It was a depressing thing to see it quickly sink out of sight. It was a downer for the moment, then OHG just told me something more obvious. He said you are the LastHamlet, with that handle comes tragedy. I realized at that moment, my newly found friend was a lot wiser than I. I had a long somber moment and then we moved on to see other sights. I almost jumped...
With the photo long at the bottom and the birds still eating their bread we moved up some streets and roamed around a bit. We saw a bench, half wrapped around a tree and decided to park for a minute. When we looked across the street, we saw the Empire Coffeeshop. Hey, now that was an idea. Directly over to the shop and got some drinks. I can’t remember if OHG or my wife made a weed purchase in here, but I rolled up a hooter of my stash and began smoking. We were seated near the back, and decided to utilize the open pool table. We played a couple of games when it seemed we were being nudged out, to two other fellows who wanted to play. We peacefully yielded the table and moved to the front to finish smoking a fresh joint OldHippy had just rolled. This shop was good size, not as big as the other one. It had a different aura than the other shop we visited, but it was okay nonetheless. As you enter the shop it is laid out like a dogleg right. The pool table being in the foot of the dogleg, so to speak. When we left the Empire, we were just aimlessly wandered when I noticed my wife was not feeling good at all. We stopped and rested a few places. We even found ourselves on the backside of that big church at the Market where we easily walked up and found Wilma & Albert’s. It was about 4:30. It looked like it might not be open yet. I volunteered to be the stupid tourist. I walked in the door and asked what time they opened. The kind fellow told me 5:30. After telling the gang, we decided that this might have to be an adventure for another time. We made our way back to the Train Station when I realized I left my weed wallet somewhere. I carry a belly pouch, sort of like a decoy for pickpockets and to keep most of the weed smell off my clothes to make heading home through Detroit (DTW) not as troublesome. I figured that it had to be at the Empire, cause I took it off to roll that last joint cause their chairs in the back were close cut. The wife and I ran back to check. It was not visible anywhere and I just asked the nice lady barkeep if she had seen it. She told us no and we started to head out when I said, lets at least look in the back near the pool table. It was wedged against the wall by one of those chairs. Cool, so we headed back to the station, double-time. OHG was still waiting, when I decided to get my wife a cigarette from the weed pouch. The cig’s were there, but someone had removed a big pouch of Grey Mist Bud and a small bag of blueberry. Leaving only the cigarettes and a bag of, by this time, unknown weed, at least they had good taste. It didn’t bother me in the least. The main thing was my wife’s Kool’s, cause they ain’t available anywhere we have ever seen in Holland. Believe me, we have looked everywhere.

The ride back to CS was pleasant and we had decided to at least stop by De Kuil and have one last smoke together. I got some Northern Lights and it was simply sweet and nice on the evening head. OldHippy was speaking to the barkeep about this upcoming Saturday’s Channelite meeting. After a few parting words and a roach in the ashtray we vowed to meet here at the big meeting and wished OHG all the best in his AMS adventures. In an overview, he was a very good fellow, and a top-notch kinda brother. It was our pleasure to meet him. Until Saturday, my brother and I got my wife quickly back to the hotel for a nap... I watched over her while she slept and hit that bag of unknown weed I had left from my weed wallet. I finished all of that and the rest of the Northern Lights from De Kuil. When LastOphelia awoke, she felt as though we needed another shroom journey. We went quickly to town and decided to try the shop next door to the HempWorks. I think it is called Magic Mushroom Gallery. Nevertheless, you will not believe this. They have dried shrooms. We purchased about 7-one gram bags and headed off for a short walk. We were in the midst of the Dam in just a few minutes, seeing the Joyland was completely set up there now as well. We actually decided to ride the Ferris wheel. It went about a hundred feet in the air and we could see all over the area, rooftops and all. I have never had such a breathtaking view of AMS, without being in a plane. This was better than the plane though; we were close enough for detail, and high enough for a grand overview. I wished I had brought my camera for this view. Some things happen before you know you are gonna do them here in AMS.
It was about 7:30 and we were ready for an evening meal at the Restaurant Beaume. We walked at an average pace and were all too eager to have a meal. I wanted to have the duck breast and the wife did to... We gobbled up the fine feast as if we hadn’t eaten in years. Filled to the brim and pleased to the max we cut through the alleyways to NWZ. Voorburgwal, where we caught our tram #1 back to our hotel to blend together on another magical journey. Last evening was our previous one so this one was not nearly as powerful, but defiantly cerebral. Who would not love this place, we can smoke ghanja, do shrooms and not bother anybody. Ah and not to mention, no one ever bothers us either. I love this place. Now it was not as hot today as yesterday, making a daytime high of 68 degrees and a nightly low of 52 degrees. We managed to smoke up a little over 10 grams of weed and 7 grams of shrooms between us. You reckon we are living dangerously??? I don’t think so, but opinions do vary.

DAY #8
LastOphelia didn’t sleep well at all last night and has come down with a bit of a cold. I am not much on knowing where to get things for colds in Holland so I threw on my clothes and headed up to my favorite Coffeeshop to ask advise. He sent me to a place where they had some good cough syrup and some vitamin ‘C’. I rushed back and got her trying to feel better. She wanted to rest a while longer, so I decided to smoke some of the White Widow I got from the Coffeeshop while asking advise.
After resting until noon, she needed something to eat. I had a good idea, lets catch the tram to Spui, and eat at Luxembourg Restaurant. She really likes the French Onion Soup and I decided to go with the Luxembourg Club Sandwich. Both of our choices pleased us so. For Euro 15.80, 2 meals 2 colas and 2 coffees, it is hard to beat. As if the food is not reason enough, (Patrick is gonna like this), you can also walk out of the Luxembourg Restaurant by going left, then left at the immediate corner. At the end of that short street, to the left is Dutch Flowers. You know they had a recent Cup Entry, that seemed to be drawing a lot of attention, so I just have to try it. It has an interesting name as well; they call it ‘Parvati’. After the first hit I could taste a sweet flavor, much like the Blueberry, but different, and a touch stronger in the lungs. You take in a little too much and you got to cough it out even quicker. I have to say it really packs a punch. As far as effect, it is much like the Grey Mist Bud. Where as, the taste puts it in the Blueberry and Siberian Tiger category. They were playing some Jethro Tull, it just don’t get any better than that, Oh the crossed eyed Mary. The fellow at the counter was kinda funny though. I think he sees himself as a ladies man. He seemed okay though, just the sleeveless shirt thing and grazing across the lady barmaid, many times. She seemed a little put off by this, even my wife seemed a little put off as well, and it takes a lot to put her off. I mean, she (the Wife) is human, she occasionally gives a look to a nice looking fellow, not him though. Ah, Hell I told her, he is just funning around, and he means no harm. He really was just kiddin' around though.
I thought the weed was fantastic, the funning around was good, and the shop was pretty good as well. I have to ask though, What is up with those shelves? I like the interesting concept though, way crooked corner connecting shelf unit. If you walk in already high, you might see that and change you order to something soft, thinking you don’t need anymore. I would suggest everybody check this shop out. I have read many places where people have had a bad time there. I even posted a review a while back, about my first experience there. I found it a little rude then; but then again, I ain’t there for a hug and kiss.
I want good buds and a cola. They do that well, so both times this Trip has been ‘Thumbs Up’ to Dutch Flowers. (I read that Hug and Kiss line on the reviews page too.)
Well after that first C’Shop stop we were off to see the Allard Pierson Museum. It was an interesting look at different periodic artifacts. To be perfectly honest, that Parvati from Dutch Flowers, the early morning hits and the shroom buzz from last night prevented me from enjoying this museum. I kinda followed the wife along and I don’t remember but one display. One display of a building cornice and that is all I really remember... My wife told me I was telling her that I wished all the lady statues didn’t have their arms cut off. I don’t remember that but I do wonder what is up with all the Venus de Milo’s. I think I need to slow down a little. I feel I am way above my 'Comfort Level' of indulgence.

You know you are stoned when 10 minutes after coming out of the Allard Pierson, you barely remember what kind of Museum it was, I will have to come back in June/July to see this one, for real. I was truly out of it. I smiled and told the wife, I really enjoyed that. She replied by saying, “Yeah, you really looked intrigued with that place.”

Well, Hummmm, I never told her that I was intrigued alright, I don’t remember a dam thing, I kept agreeing with every comment she said about the Museum, I didn’t want to spoil it for her, so no one tell her, Please. She is a little woman, but I ain’t never raining on her parade, so to speak. I asked if we could sit on the wooden walkway in front of the Museum, she said fine. I looked all across the Rokin area. I could see the infamous horseman. I looked up over that row of buildings, seeing the Munt Tower sticking up, reminded me of an experience in 2001. It was September 14, 2001. We were standing right up there at Munt, when the clock struck 12:00. I had never seen the whole city stand still until that day. It was a silent memorial for the victims of 9/11. It was a very moving 5 minutes, that I will never forget. The day AMS stopped. Trams, Busses, People, Mopeds and even Bikes halted in their tracks. Not even a sound was made, or a thing moved, as far as the eye could see.

Okay enough reminiscing, I needed to walk a bit to clear the head. Well, should I say, see if I still got a head. This coming earth day, is also my 42nd birthday, and some days I think I feel 42, if not 52 on this particular moment. I get out light though; most days I still feel 30.
Now this memory loss is not a good thing. I don’t have many skills in life that stands out. The one thing I have, or seemingly used to have, is an excellent memory. In the past, I have always been able to summon up any particular memory. I guess all things slip with time, and not remembering Allard Pierson is a major slip. Nonetheless, we proceeded to slow walk through the Dam. The rides were operating in full capacity, lines in every one. It seems every time we walk through the Dam; we are somehow magnetically pulled towards the Spui area of AMS. It seems to be an unknown kind of pull, which we easily give in to. It is just one of those unexplained Phenomenon’s. I think we just like wandering in that area.
We saw a bunch of tents set up in the Spui. It was two complete rows of all kinds of Art works. They had a sign up at the end of one of those tent rows closest to the Luxembourg Restaurant. It read ‘Artplein’ we found that to be so cool. I do not think they have this on the normal maps of Amsterdam. There were all types of paintings, and in some of the booths, the artists were available for comment. We usually walk through one of these multiple display tents with mouths wide open. We both seem to enjoy admiring all the fine art work displays. After a long look over the newly formed Artplein, we walked over to the big wooded doorway that is the entry to the Biejnoff courtyard. The door was wedged open and we followed the steady line of people going in. It is always one of the most peaceful places in AMS, even when there are a lot of people walking through. Everyone seems to have an aura of respect when visiting this church courtyard. It is a small and well-kept little courtyard that would take you about a couple of minutes to walk completely around it. Please spend a little more time here and it will really calm your nerves. You see a church in this courtyard that has a couple of small benches on either side. There were all sorts of freshly planted flowers starting to pop up. You cannot even hear the trams or none of the street noise when you come inside this peaceful little courtyard. It’s as if they have their own sound curtain that reaches to the heavens. It is quite an interesting little courtyard, and both the wife and I recommend that you give it a look. When we left, we decided to head up the street to the Amsterdam Historisch Museum. We have been several times and needed a renewal of our last venture. While inside here, I began coughing and sneezing so loudly that I had to go back outside. I am beginning to wander if I am becoming allergic to Museums. Such is not the case though; it seems I have caught the little cold my wife had this morning. By now, her cold was seemingly all-better. I sat at the bench that was out front of the museum for a few moments, coughing and sneezing until it stopped a little. No wonder why I was so out of it in the Allard Pierson this morning. When it let up for a few moments I grabbed the wife’s hand and headed up to where I had got her some medicine this morning. I wanted to get me some of it now. We quickly made it to Nieuwendijk and that bend in the road where the drug store was. I almost had the bottle open inside the store, chugging it all the way out the doorway. I usually don’t get colds or hardly ever take very few drugs of any kind. With that said I had better clear up one thing, I never call any creation of God a drug. I just believe that the toll for that crime will be added up on judgment day. I already have a lot to answer for on that day, and I don’t want to keep adding to the list. I try to operate with the concept that God does not make mistakes. With this basic thought in mind how can we call any of his plants a drug, unless we drag them in a lab and process them in some fashion, much like the cough syrup I just consumed. I don’t deny using some drugs in the past, I am just careful which things I put the ‘drug’ label on. Well, enough of my dribble, on with the trip report.
After walking around a bit more, I began feeling a lot better. Almost completely, sniffle free in about an hour. We found ourselves just off Spui, once again. We were on Rosmarijsteeg where the road construction between there and Spuistraat was well under way by now. The road stones were all taken up from there all the way around both directions of Spuistraat. All that seems to be showing, even under the wooden flat skids they are using for walk-boards, is dark gray sand like material. I am assuming this is sand, Duh.
We had decided to try the space cakes at Chocolata Coffeeshop, especially hearing all the good reports about them. We coasted down to their establishment and I had to order 3 of those. I consumed them all in about 5 minutes, most determined to feel these little treats. I didn’t get the Bon-Bons cause the nice lady told me that they had half as much ‘good stuff’ in them as the cakes. I have to tell you that even until the wee ends of this evening I never felt the cakes. I must apparently have built my level up to the point where the brownies have no effect. This is the fourth time I have tried these kinds of treats, at three different places, with no effects at all. Maybe it is just me, but I never have felt these treats. It very well could be that I smoke so much ghanja that these things cannot get to that level. Of course, I had to order a 1.8-gram pre-weighed bag of Chocolate Mist Bud for eleven Euro something. I had to smoke most of that up before leaving, and I instantly felt that... Now in retrospect, “I am sticking to the weed and Kif from now on.”
Seeing how we both had a cough thing earlier, we have now decided to grab us a good meal and retire to the hotel room for some rest and lounging. Needles to say leaving the Chocolata, we were real close to Restaurant Beaume, and once again we did. Now I just want to give you an interior low down of this restaurant. When you go past the now wooden skid terrace and enter the building, it seems perfect. The candles are lit all over the restaurant, and it is very visible, yet by no means over lit. It reminds me of a Darryl’s Restaurant in my home state (NC). They have a large downstairs, but part of this floor is the bar, and part is the kitchen. The upstairs has about the same seating capacity or more. It is cut out in its middle so the upstairs can be viewed from most any angle from downstairs. The stairway rounds up to the second floor with a metal handrail that continues to wrap around the cut out square in the middle of the second floor. The tables are antique looking heavy woods with nice tablecloths spread over them every time we come. The restaurant itself must have been here for quite some time; it just seems like a landmark of sorts. I usually see mostly Dutch people in here. On this particular evening, I noticed that we had a familiar waitress from last year. I remember her because of a funny thing that happened. We were just through ordering our meal when we decided to light up a cigarette. I had a pack of those Herbal Cigarettes, not weed, just some herbal type cigarette. After a few minutes we saw the waitress addressing some of the other patrons then immediately came to our table and said this; “Excuse me sir, What are you smoking?” Now, for one second I started to come out with some comedy and say cat dung, or something off the wall like that, but I didn’t do that. I replied by showing her the pack. I am not sure she really understood and it seemed as though I was bothering other patrons, so I snubbed it out. We (wife & I), have laughed for nearly a year, at different times, repeating her lines, that she had spoken to me. I asked my wife if she thought that the young lady would remember that event and us. My wife said that she didn’t believe that the young lady would remember it. It has been 10 months, she further added.
Well we finished our meal that evening and I just had to ask the young lady. After only a few lines of the story, one of those being “Excuse me sir, what are you smoking?” she remembered vividly. So, I asked her if she thought I was smoking weed. She replied by saying yes she did and they did not have a permit to allow such. Oddly enough, I had another pack of those strange smokes with me at that very moment. I whooped them out and told her that this is what it was. I went on to say that I would never just light up a joint in any other establishment, without asking, other than a coffeeshop or my hotel room. She said she wouldn’t have minded but they have no permit for people to do it, and the other patrons had complained at that time. Both the nice waitress and the wife and I agreed that neither bore any ill will. We all talked a few more minutes and actually got a laugh out of it. We told her that we sometimes walk up to each other and repeat those very words she said, just because we found them so funny. She told us that she found the whole thing funny as well. Upon departing, we felt compelled to leave her an 8 Euro tip, and it was well worth it. At the moment we cleared the restaurant, I had to say to the wife, I knew she would remember us. My wife said that she did not really remember us, but rather you, cause you are defiantly one ‘off the hook’ individual. I thank her for the compliment and we headed across the alleyway to get to our stop in the Spui, on the tail end of Nwz. Voorburgwal.
Upon arriving at the Abba, as we had, even several times a day on occasion, we were ready for a shower and a bunch of bong hits. This has been another fine weather day and we haven’t even carried an umbrella the whole time. The umbrella is in the luggage collecting dust. This just has not been the traditional AMS weather, and I ain’t complaining though. Today’s high was 64 degrees. The nightly low was a bit nippy at 45 degrees. The daily consumption went down today, due to the sniffles and such, which have all but disappeared at this point. The Dutch version of Vick’s must be a lot different from what we get at home. Hummmmmmmmm, imagine that. Anyhow, we manage to smoke up 8.5 grams of the good ghanja.

Intermingled Saga:

If you will notice, the wife and I go to Central Station a lot during our trip. Instead of including this with the daily reports, I decided to make it an addition to the reports. A while back, I posted a post on the old forum board that was entitled “Favorite Street People.” It was before this new forum existed. I need to post that again, right here, to help start this saga on it’s way.

 It seems every time I am in the Dam I see some of the same
> Street People. The 1 man band performer on the Albert Cuypstraat,
> he plays several instruments at once while singing, unless he
> is also blowing the harmonica. Who could miss the human statues? The longhaired
> and long bearded older gentleman that roams from Prinsengracht
> to Urectstraat (SP?). Upon giving him coins will echo a "Dank
> U Well" But, my Favorite is a lady that sells Magazines
> at Central Station out front, just outside the door. Her hair
> is dirty blonde and usually wind blown, eyes are faded blue,
> she is around 40ish, her teeth are in kinda bad shape, and she
> apparently speaks only Dutch. I first saw her in 2001. She made
> my heart sad. My wife and I always gave her at least 15 Euro
> every time we seen her. We had a bet on the thought of rather
> she would be there upon our return on July 4, 2002. It
> was 7 days into our trip and low and behold, There she was at
> the Central Station, yelling out some Dutch phrases, holding
> up a brochure. We stepped back to make sure it was she. Indeed
> it was. I had betted with my wife she would be there this trip.
> I would have given anything to have been wrong. The pain you
> can read in her face is so immense that my wife and I both had
> to cry before I could approach her to give her some euros. I
> touched the magazine to make sure it felt real, it did. I did not
> take it, I never have. I just donate to her cause and hope it
> does her some good. We are somehow convinced that she is not
> real but, angelic. I have had my camera many times seeing her,
> yet never took a photo. It's as if I don't want to know if she
> will develop on film or not. It seems every time I go to Amsterdam,
> I see another layer of it's essence. It's like in the movie 'Shrek',
> he referred himself to an onion, having many layers. I just
> posted this to see if any one else has seen this lady, and if
> so, be kind. Or maybe other see AMS through these same eyes and
> have a Favorite Street People story they would like to share.
> I don’t feel above these People by any means, I feel sometimes
> I am one step away from joining them…

Upon posting that, one fellow (DutchTechno.com) posted back with the following response.

As I go to school in almere I ride my bike to central station every day, I know exactly what woman you mean, she’s been on the same spot at the left most door at the central entrance for years...the magazine she’s selling is called "Z Magazine", it’s a magazine made and sold by homeless People. It’s a good project for the homeless People that participate; you can recognize an "official" seller by the badge they’re wearing. They sell the magazine for at least 2 euros: 1 Euro is for the magazine and the rest of the money is for the person selling the magazine.
Ow and the Dutch phrase she’s been repeating for years:"Daklozen krant...2 Euro!!!" means "homeless news paper...2 euros!"
So now, you know ;)

Now, the journeys to Central Station have been to see her. Unfortunately, this was the first trip since 2001 that I didn’t get to see that lady. God, I can only hope that she is okay. I really feel that she was one of the Angels that tested the mercy of mankind. I might not be correct on that, but I just might be. If you have ever seen her, you might never forget her. I would like to ask all of you now, have you seen her? If my theory is correct then mankind may have failed the test. I know I always wonder about the strangest things, as I myself am one of life’s strangest things. This may not mean squat to the average AMS traveler, but I pay attention to strange things like this, and they do matter. Something gives this poor woman her assignment in life, or after life, or angelic form. I am not quite sure what it all means, but it defiantly means something.

Day #9:
I had to awake two times in the middle of the night to smoke a bowl of weed to go back to sleep. You reckon the 8.5 grams from the past days adventures was a little shy of the necessary knock out point.
It was Saturday the 19th of April; this was to be the day of the planned channelites meeting. We managed to make it to breakfast this morning. They were low on juice and low on many of the essential breakfast items. They did restock the milk so I had a bowl of cereal. No, I had two bowls of cereal. After this, I asked if we could smoke up our remaining stock and lounge in the room for an hour or so. After polishing off the stock and realizing that breakfast was not enough to fill the stomach this morning, we decided to eat something. Before we left, I remembered to grab that gram and a half perfect bud of Nebula. I had gotten it from Dampkring earlier in the trip. to smoke at today’s meeting, in honor of Dobbs.
Not to be redundant or anything but this morning was starting out to be just like yesterday. We took the tram #1 to Spui, ate an early lunch at Luxembourg. We also stepped around the corner to get a refill of that ‘Parvati’ from the Dutch Flowers, then I felt the need to run up to the Siberie to get a good stock of ’Siberian Tiger’. These would be crucial to have on hand for the last two nights at the hotel. After about a half an hour I checked my watch and it was 12:30. The meeting was at 1:00 at De Kuil, so we decided to make our way there. Crossing the Singel and heading by the Old Style, giving a slight wave to our friends there. Then we headed across the street and down the back way to De Kuil. Upon making the left turn onto Odebrugsteeg, and turning into the narrow doorway with the green 420 sign on it, we were here.
We headed to the back of the coffeeshop we noticed a familiar face, OldHippyGuy was there already. He was looking chipper than ever and rolling a good size spliff. We had to grab some beverages and I had a Joint of Nebula to roll up myself. I constructed two ‘King Smoking Blue’ papers together and made a perfect joint of it. At the very moment Nogbin rolled in and introduced himself. Pulling up a chair at the left of me, we began chatting about this joint of Nebula. I told him it was in honor of Dobbs, and I had promised to fire it up for her. LastOphelia was making her way to the cat to give him a good rubbing for several of the channelites as well. He was hiding out up front of the shop. The meeting started to swell when Carolina Girl and her husband come in. A fellow name Beijing rolled in and a fellow claiming to be a visitor of the board as well. BTW, Beijing does not look Asian. LOL... However, he could easily pass for Dutch, German, English, or American. As I was lighting up the joint of Nebula, it made it around the table once before the appearance of another joint being lit by OHG. The smoke was rolling in no time. That Nebula did have a wondrous essence and I found it very tasty as well. It didn’t blow the lungs out of shape, yet had the right amount of strength to do the job. I felt the energy of the weed slowly creep over me, this was a good choice Dobbs. If only I could blow smoke far enough to reach you, I sure did try though... OldHippyGuy was pulling out his stash from his belly pouch, and several others started breaking out their stashes. We were all making comparisons of each other’s stash. I have to tell you we had a wide collection of all of Holland’s best wares, collected at that table. I must mention that we were all buying beverages and weed from De Kuil as well. You don’t occupy this much space in a shop without some spending going on, quite understandable indeed. All of the sudden who is to appear but Roland, another channelite veteran. He told us we were all too easy to spot. We asked how and he replied by saying that he had noticed all the bags of wares on display at the table. He told us Dutchies don’t do that. We assured him it was all in honor of Holland’s finest wares. I am not quite sure this concept is widely accepted. We were all like kids in candy stores, what a wonderful life. Bowls were being fired up of stuff I can’t even remember the names of. It was indeed becoming a ghanja-fest. Beijing was a pre-rolled man so he had his own.
Roland had to go and meet some other friends of his. He departed saying he would return at a little after 3:00, if we were still here. Carolina girl told him she and her husband needed a personal tour guide. Roland said he would be glad to show them a few things around the area when he returned.
There is no way I can precisely tell of all the intermingled conversations that were emerging on that day, but I can say it was a very interesting indeed. I can remember Nogbin and I discussing several things. One of those topics was a thread he started on the board; it is my most favorite thread. Belgium to allow cannabis use on the Amsterdam Discussions Board is that very thread. He pointed out that it did not end up where it started. I replied by saying that where it ended up was indeed a good place for the 'food for thought' we all need. It has so much of the truth.
I have to say that the real me is contained in that thread, at least the biggest part of the real me. I have lain poised for the moment to let that out, and was all too happy to thank Nogbin for starting that thread.
It seemed as there were several interesting conversations going on at the same time. This was the first channelites meeting I have ever attended, and felt honored to be meeting all these people.
Roland came back at 3:30 and stayed a few moments when he, Carolina Girl, and her husband treaded off to see a Church. It was good to meet them.
At one point, OldHippyGuy rolled up a joint that had 2 kinds of weed, 2 kinds of hash and sprinkled with kif. It was a fifty Euro joint, I kid yo not. It was the first time I ever seen anybody put hash in a grinder. Nevertheless, the joint turned out to be quite the finishing touches to the evening. That and a few other fellows sharing their vaporizer hits with us. Of course, we had already ordered a few hits for our table already.
I must say it was a very grand adventure, and quite the smoke-fest. A more interesting evening in life I have never had. The whole shindig broke up at about 4:30, where it seemed only 4 or 5 remained. All were wishing each other the best of times. All were packing up their respective stashes and headed into the wind of the day. I slid the weed barkeep an additional 10 Euro as we left. We had tipped him a little all along, but it is good to part with a bang, so to speak. Speaking of a bang, Nogbin gave me a gram of Isolator Hash and a small bag of Kif on the way out. The Kif was a version from the Noon Coffeeshop that they make from Blueberry Bud. We had tried some of that during the smoke down. It has a better taste than the Grey Mist Crystal and about the same buzz. It was a little hard to tell on the buzz part, we smoked so much weed at that meeting. What a first Channelite's Meeting for the wife and I.
LastOphelia and I had been in De Kuil since 12:30 and we were thinking a canal cruise would be good. Taking a right out of De Kuil then a left at the corner, then looking up to the right you see Meyers Canal Cruises. It would be good to float around while still floating from the smoke-out at the De k.uil O. It is always fun to hop aboard a glass-top canal boat and have a float around all the beautiful canals. The fellows across the table were Japanese and apparently did not speak any English. They really seemed to enjoy the cruise, although I am sure Japanese was not one of the recorded languages. They take you out to the North Sea Canal and all around a few parts of the city. Most of these tours, this one included, take you by the seven bridges. They point out landmarks along the way, that you won’t get by just walking around. Not to mention the fact that you can see the buildings on both sides of the canals in one pass. Beats walking up one side staring at the other, then walking down the opposite to see the reverse. Of course, either is all right to me. If you go to AMS for the first time, or any time, you just have to do the canal boat thing, it is a must do thing.
After a nice canal-boat ride, a meal is a good friend. We were hungry right about now and we didn’t want to chance a new experiment. Predictable as we are, we headed to the Beaume for yet another delightful dinner.
This was to be the evening of our final shroom journey so we marched ourselves over to the smart shop beside HempWorks. It was a total of 9 grams of the dried ones we needed for this venture, and so off we were to walk off a little dinner. The kalverstraat was a good place to walk, all the stores were closed and the walking is never easier than in the evening. This by day, wall to wall street is a fraction as crowded in the evenings. Same story on the Nieuwendijk, crowded during day, much calmer at night. However, you see some interesting people there though. We walked to the Dam to see the big Ferris Wheel spinning around. They had a ride set up there that was like a ball attached by rubber bands (big ones), to two big arms way in the sky. When they would cut the thing loose, it would hurl way in the air and fling up and down. The passengers would ride in seats mounted inside this metal cage ball. I almost lost my lunch watching this thing, I had better move on now.
We walked about another hour, in circles mostly. Finally, we decided to wander to the tram stop and catch a #1 to the hotel. I must tell you a funny story that happened all through this trip, concerning the shroom trips. We sometimes look at the moon while on a journey. Not staring for hours or nothing, but on occasion to feel its power, so to speak. Maybe a common thing with other shroomers?? Well it was full, on our second shroom journey and we could not help but notice it’s position in the sky. It stood in the sky, looking right out side the Hotel widow slightly to left. Now on the previous time before this evening we looked in the sky about 8:00 and no moon. I mean no moon in the sky, and it was just full 4 or 5 night ago. Well we were tripping, more ways than one. We looked again at like 9:30 and still no moon.
You wouldn’t believe how close I came to running down to the SRS Internet place and posting a response “Anybody seen the Moon?” I got to telling my wife that if the Moon had ran out of orbit that drastically, the whole world would know it by now. We discussed some of the things that would happen if that occurred, and thought it impossible for it to be missing, yet where was it?
Well in another 20 minutes, and it popped out from over the building out the window in the distant horizon. We had not considered the facts of orbits, earth’s axis, or nothing to the nature. So, the mystery was solved, we had found the Moon...LOL. If we had just noticed it was getting gradually lower in the sky each evening we might have not been flipping out. I have to tell you “You know you are stoned when you have lost the Moon...”
It is hard to get a good bead on the exact amount of smoked ghanja, but I conservatively estimated this day's figures, as not to exaggerate the real figures. We smoked up 11 grams of weed and 9 grams of shrooms and some varied tokes of hash.
This was the coldest day, but not at all that cold to me. The sun was still out most of the day, only partly cloudy. The only rain came at 11:00 PM, this evening. We noticed the light shower from the window of our room. It only lasted a few minutes and the street quickly dried. The high temperature was 59 degrees, with a nightly low of 44 degrees. I, for one wished I could stay here and never leave. Don’t we all...

One more full Day and the flight morning, complete with ending, soon to come...
Last edited by LastHamlet on Fri May 23, 1:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Sun May 04, 2:31 am

That was exceptional. Man......

Sat here for over an hour enthralled........ then, half way through, felt like I really was in Amsterdam.... so got out the pipe, puffed, kicked back, and finished the read, transported to another world, sitting at the table in De Kuil.

Found your comment about not getting off on edible weed food true... as one who ssmokes very little, have never noticed effects when eating.

Yes indeed.... wandering carefree around Amsterdam.... smoking, eating, smoking.... life at it's best.

Dank u wel....

:-) Dogbreath

SuZe
power poster
power poster

We're not worthy, we're not worthy!

Postby SuZe » Sun May 04, 2:36 am

Thank you LH for the time and effort you've put into these trip reports. You write so well, I feel like the proverbial fly on the A'dam wall.

Can't wait for the next installment!

SkipMDMan
power poster
power poster

chocolata

Postby SkipMDMan » Sun May 04, 2:44 am

Hi there my friend.

I don't think you have too much of a problem with short term
memory,not considering all the detail you put into your trip
reports. I really enjoyed the reports.

As for the space cake/bon bons at Chocolata,the last trip I
ate 1 (one!) bon bon and was really loopy for about 3 hours.

My tolerance of course is nothing like yours since I just
partake in A'dam and then mainly the prerolled joints I
can get at whatever coffeeshop I am near.

For some reason,I have a hard time giving money to just
plain "street people" because I figure everyone has a type
of talent,even if it's just insanity,and they should at least
pretend it's a job when they ask you for "donations" on
the street.

The last couple of trips,I always gave some to "Death" in
Dam Square,the other people there just irritated me but
a contribution to death seemed worthwhile. The old men
with their calliopes are really annoying,they should have
done away with them long ago. I guess I don't hang out
near CS,actually I only go there to get the necessary
amount of transit daytickets I will need to cover the total
days of my trip.

Anyways,a fantastic report,as usual!

Skip

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Sun May 04, 2:56 am

LastHamlet wrote:Well upon arrival, I presented the plaque to the fellows that were there. They were so touched by the gesture; they mounted it on the wall immediately. There is a TV mounted to the corner just between the bathrooms and the wet bar. If you would like to see that plaque now, look just below the TV to the right.

How cool, I will definitely stop in there on my next trip and check it out!!

LastHamlet wrote:The fellow spoke a while longer when he carefully selected a picture that had all the members in it. He handed me that picture and said, This is yours. I was extremely touched by this unsuspecting token of good will and friendship.

That was a very nice gesture indeed but alas the tragedy to come...

LastHamlet wrote:After all the good info we had all acquired on Blueberry’s wonderful website, this was going to be already somewhat familiar. Not in the actual seeing in person as of yet, but in the reading so much of this wonderful little place. Upon pulling up to Haarlem, we were all so excited to finally get here. OldHippyGuy had brought along a ‘Peace Pipe’ souvenir to give to Nol. It was quite the work of art. It was not a small peace pipe either. It was of average size and rather magnificent looking.

Thanks for the nice comments about my page,
And I am still wondering whether or not Nol received his pipe, I do believe he is still in Spain so I assume yall didn't get to meet him afterall. OldHippy didnt mention in any of his posts so far what happened with the pipe.....

LastHamlet wrote:We stopped just outside the train station to get a bead on the place with the map I had. BTW, that map I printed from Blueberry’s website. Thanks again Blueberry. Well you look dead ahead, and the first stop was on the right side of that first street. I think the banner over the shop said Willie Wortels, Sativa. Something like that. I was so in awe of this quite little town, I was more looking all around at this pretty little city. Dam, this is so peaceful and so beautiful. No wonder you stay here blueberry, this is the shit. BTW, did you stay at the Joules Hotel, cause later we walked by it and I think I remember OHG saying he thought you stayed there. I like the looks of that place; it looks like somewhere I would defiantly stay. Blueberry, I have to say you got real good taste. This whole city has a different essence than AMS, not just that the pace was slower and you could enjoy more that way, but a serenity vibe that is UN-matched in peacefulness. It just seems so much different, yet in ways it is somewhat like. Coffeeshops for one, and that is a good thing. I didn’t see where they have taken away any peace from this quite little haven.

Glad to hear you feel the exact same way I do for Haarlem, LastHamlet!

I stayed at the Joops apartments (on the same street as Wilma & Albert's about 4 or 5 doors down is the Joops reception and our apt was around the corner on the same block) and the Hotel Amadeus which is at the Grote Market.

LastHamlet wrote:It was a real interesting shop with a vending machine that actually dispensed lighters, g’s of hash and spliffs; I liked to have tripped out. Man, What I would give to have a vending machine like that in the states.

No doubt!

LastHamlet wrote:I have to tell you the best part though. I am an absolute lingerie enthusiast, and you will never believe how they mark the bathrooms. The Ladies room was marked with a pair of pretty pinkish with black trim, ladies g-string panties. Now, I really don’t care what size they are I just find the appearance of ladies panties so sweet. BTW, they appear to be ladies size 12, even sweeter. I don’t wear ladies panties or nothing, I can just tell the panty size pretty dam well. Of course if I did it would be a ladies size 8. LOL...The men’s room was marked with a Euro type boxer type men’s drawers, I ain’t amused with men’s underwear though. They were both hanging above the entrances of the bathrooms themselves. I won’t long forget that sight.

LOL LOL LOL

too funny

LastHamlet wrote:Well, OHG was checking into the status of Nol, and trying to reach his friend on the cell phone the barkeep gave him to use. These people were really kind and super friendly.

Well damn, what happened?

LastHamlet wrote:When we finally decided to leave we headed to the right to go check out the Grout Market. It wasn’t very far or hard to find, but different than I think Blueberry seen it last. They had set up a bunch of amusement rides. I seem to remember they were setting up some of those same rides in the Dam, before we left this morning. They have a carnival (Joyland) set in place of the Grout Market, so we didn’t get to see it like it was when you did, Blueberry.

Hell yeah, damn I hate I missed that!! Maybe I will be lucky enough to see the carnival in Grote Market someday........

LastHamlet wrote:After finishing the munch we were lighting up a cigarette and I decided to gaze at my ‘Old Style’ photo, I just got that morning. A quick gust of wind and the photo flew instantly into the canal. Now, that moment lasted 5 minutes for me. All the while contemplating jumping in that canal to retrieve that precious photo. I brought that fact up and OldHippy, looked at me and calmly said, don’t do it, it is already ruined. I did not realize my thoughts of jumping were so apparent on my face. Apparently, both of them could tell how close I come to taking the big splash. It was a depressing thing to see it quickly sink out of sight. It was a downer for the moment, then OHG just told me something more obvious. He said you are the LastHamlet, with that handle comes tragedy. I realized at that moment, my newly found friend was a lot wiser than I. I had a long somber moment and then we moved on to see other sight. I almost jumped...

My heart goes out to ya man, I really hate like hell that happened. I'm glad you didn't jump.....

LastHamlet wrote:We were seated near the back, and decided to utilize the open pool table. We played a couple of games when it seemed we were being nudged out, to two other fellows who wanted to play. We peacefully yielded the table and moved to the front to finish smoking a fresh joint OldHippy had just rolled. This shop was good size, not as big as the other one. It had a different aura than the other shop we visited, but it was okay nonetheless. As you enter the shop it is laid out like a dogleg right. The pool table being in the foot of the dogleg, so to speak.

I have played on that many times, I have also smoked many a joints in there too. It is a pretty nice place overall but I have never bought any weed there before. There used to be a cool ass pinball machine and the last time we were there they had changed it to some other kind of machine that plays different games, grrrr...

LastHamlet wrote:We even found ourselves on the backside of that big church at the Market where we easily walked up and found Wilma & Albert’s. It was about 4:30. I looked like it might not be open yet. I volunteered to be the stupid tourist. I walked in the door and asked what time they opened. The kind fellow told me 5:30. After telling the gang, we decided that this might have to be an adventure for another time.

Well that sucked! Hope you got a chance to return to Haarlem and try it out.

LastHamlet wrote:She told us no and we started to head out when I said lets at least look in the back near the pool table. It was wedged against the wall by one of those chairs. Cool, so we headed back to the station, double-time. OHG was still waiting, when I decided to get my wife a cigarette from the weed pouch. The cig’s were there, but someone had removed a big pouch of Grey Mist Bud and a small bag of blueberry. Leaving only the cigarettes and a bag of, by this time, unknown weed, at least they had good taste.

Damn man you got some sorry ass luck, mine always seems to go the same way. Glad to hear it didn't bother you in the least:))

LastHamlet wrote:We actually decided to ride the Ferris wheel. It went about a hundred feet in the air and we could see all over the area, rooftops and all. I have never had such a breathtaking view of AMS, without being in a plane. This was better than the plane though; we were close enough for detail, and high enough for a grand overview. I wished I had brought my camera for this view.

I have rode it before and it does give an awesome view especially when totally stoned and we even smoked a joint while we riding it. I did have my camera and I took photos of us smoking the joint (they are on my site under 'Must See Activities' tips) which turned out good but the ones I took of the city view were all blurry. But it was dark and I don't really have that good of a camera so...

LastHamlet wrote:You know you are stoned when 10 minutes after coming out of the Allard Pierson, you barely remember what kind of Museum it was, I will have to come back in June/July to see this one, for real. I was truly out of it. I smiled and told the wife, I really enjoyed that. She replied by saying, “Yeah, you really looked intrigued with that place.” Well, Hummmm, I never told her that I was intrigued alright, I don’t remember a dam thing, I kept agreeing with every comment she said about the Museum, I didn’t want to spoil it for her, so no one tell her, Please

LOL LOL nice break off the 'You know you are stoned when' thread:))

I promise I will never tell, LOL

LastHamlet wrote:We had decided to try the space cakes at Chocolata Coffeeshop, especially hearing all the good reports about them. We coasted down to their establishment and I had to order 3 of those. I consumed them all in about 5 minutes, most determined to feel these little treats. I didn’t get the Bon-Bons cause the nice lady told me that they had half as much ‘good stuff’ in them as the cakes. I have to tell you that even until the wee ends of this evening I never felt the cakes. I must apparently have built my level up to the point where the brownies have no effect. This is the fourth time I have tried these kinds of treats, at three different places, with no effects at all. Maybe it is just me, but I never have felt these treats. It very well could be that I smoke so much ghanja that these things cannot get to that level. Of course, I had to order a 1.8-gram pre-weighed bag of Chocolate Mist Bud for eleven Euro something. I had to smoke most of that up before leaving, and I instantly felt that... Now in retrospect, “I am sticking to the weed and Kif from now on.”

I totally agree, I never seem to get any effect off of space products either, I too think it is the THC saturation

LastHamlet wrote:We headed to the back of the coffeeshop we noticed a familiar face, OldHippyGuy was there already.
At the very moment Nogbin rolled in and introduced himself. Pulling up a chair at the left of me, we began chatting about this joint of Nebula. I told him it was in honor of Dobbs, and I had promised to fire it up for him. LastOphelia was making her way to the cat to give him a good rubbing for several of the channelites as well. He was hiding out up front of the shop. The meeting started to swell when Carolina Girl and her husband come in. A fellow name Beijing rolled in and a fellow claiming to be a visitor of the board as well. BTW, Beijing does not look Asian. LOL...
OldHippyGuy was pulling out his stash from his belly pouch, and several others started breaking out their stashes. We were all making comparisons of each other’s stash. I have to tell you we had a wide collection of all of Holland’s best wares, collected at that table.
All of the sudden who is to appear but Roland, another channelite veteran. He told us we were all too easy to spot. We asked how and he replied by saying that he had noticed all the bags of wares on display at the table. He told us Dutchies don’t do that. We assured him it was all in honor of Holland’s finest wares. I am not quite sure this concept is widely accepted. We were all like kids in candy stores, what a wonderful life. Bowls were being fired up of stuff I can’t even remember the names of. It was indeed becoming a ghanja-fest.
At one point, OldHippyGuy rolled up a joint that had 2 kinds of weed, 2 kinds of hash and sprinkled with kif. It was a fifty Euro joint. It was the first time I ever seen anybody put hash in a grinder. Nevertheless, the joint turned out to be quite the finishing touches to the evening. That and a few other fellows sharing their vaporizer hits with us. Of course, we had already ordered a few hits for our table already.
I must say it was a very grand adventure, and quite the smoke-fest. A more interesting evening in life I have never had. The whole shindig broke up at about 4:30, where it seemed only 4 or 5 remained. All were wishing each other the best of times.
What a first Channelite's Meeting for the wife and I.

One more full Day and the flight morning, complete with ending, soon to come...

Sounds like the channelites meeting was quite a success and what a smoke-out!!

Now I am still biting my nails in anticipation of the dramatic ending.. I have all kinds of scenerios in my mind..........

Thanks a MILLION for the report, no make a GAZILLION:))

Trying to get back to reality now,

BlueBerry

patrick

wow

Postby patrick » Sun May 04, 4:06 am

best part was "a supply of siberian tiger will be cruical for our remaining nights in the hotel"....i had to stock pile ak-47 and grey mist myself.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sun May 04, 7:21 am

Excellent read, once again! I've never had luck with edibles over there either, but make my own here and they definitely do the trick. It takes about a gram and ½ to 2 grams to do the job though, no complaints however because the buzz lasts 5-8 hours. Alas, Wilma & Albert's is on our agenda for next trip as well. I too will be looking for your plaque at Old Style next trip, not my favorite part of town but I love White Widow. Glad to see you liked the store across the street from Abba too, it has become tradition to stop in there at least once to get a beer to take back to the room. Big time bummer in Haarlem, losing the photo and having your buds jacked. Can't wait to read about the last full day and morning departure from A'dam, but still wary about the impending tragedy. I'll have some Kleenex by the puter...just in case.

moe.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

melancholy one

Postby a bollocks » Sun May 04, 3:54 pm

Dear Melancholy One,

You wrote: " I looked up over that row of buildings, seeing the Munt Tower sticking up, reminded me of an experience in 2001. It was September 14, 2001. We were standing right up there at Munt, when the clock struck 12:00. I had never seen the whole city stand still until that day. It was a silent memorial for the victims of 9/11. It was a very moving 5 minutes, that I will never forget. The day AMS stopped. Trams, Busses, People, Mopeds and even Bikes halted in their tracks. Not even a sound was made, or a thing moved, as far as the eye could see. "

I was immediately transported. When I saw "Days 7 thru 9" , I said, "Oh shite, gotta git me bong." This imagery from 9/14 is beautiful.
As is the rest of your adventure. The DeKuil channelite meeting was FOGGY. Loved it. I was huffin right along with ya. You do that to me. Great writing!

"Alas, poor LH! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath borne me on his back a thousand times..."

Thanks, dood.

running wild
power poster
power poster

Postby running wild » Sun May 04, 10:27 pm

LastHamlet Sibereerie is a super cool coffeeshop. i tried the Duthch Flowers even though i had heard some negatives. i was there about 2 in the afternoon. no problem order 2 grams of dizaters recommended by i think patrick. good service and nice prices.

GT
power poster
power poster

Postby GT » Mon May 05, 5:02 pm

another superb report, a work of art. thanks, i just spent an hour looking over your shoulder (i hope i don't catch cold!, i think i did catch a buzz), it was especially familiar in DeKuil.

btw, the new moon the other night had me wondering, too ;-)

"you know you're stoned when..." you start misplacing large celestial bodies....

do you ever donate blood? i would think a recipient would immediately regain appetite, lose their keys, and be content. then fall asleep.

Bon Bon Billy
super poster
super poster

Outdone yourself again.

Postby Bon Bon Billy » Mon May 05, 5:06 pm

wonderful report, LastHamlet. You really do enjoy writing about Amsterdam which is great because I love reading about Amsterdam. (secondly only to traveling there).

Thanks for all your efforts. We really appreciate it.

MaxT
participating
participating

Postby MaxT » Mon May 05, 5:16 pm

Great report LH. Sorry about your picture.Glad you didn't jump in after it . also sound like you guys had a great channelite meeting .Man wish I could have been there. Thanks for the great Report.
peace,
Max

Mr. Charlie
super poster
super poster

Postby Mr. Charlie » Mon May 05, 6:16 pm

Another great report, LH!!

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon May 05, 9:41 pm

Really nice job there, LastHamlet. It's all in the details, as those seem to have me walking along in Amsterdam in my mind... I really appreciate it.
As for your picture, I'm sorry it happened. But let me throw this thought in your direction...
In my business, as in many others certainly, you are already at "no" unless you ask. Same thing with getting laid, also... anyway, the crew at Old Style holds you in high regard, and I think you should ask for another copy of the picture. If possible, I'm sure they would be happy to grant your request. The story can continue...

oldhippyguy
power poster
power poster

Incredible report!!!!

Postby oldhippyguy » Tue May 06, 2:33 pm

LastH and O: What an incredible trip report!!Fantastic, and so much detail that I had forgotten or not written down..what great folks they are..none better..Channelite brothers and sisters, I am trying to get my trip reports together, but am having a hard time..my 80 yr old Dad has just been diagnosed with cancer of the bladder and we are dealing with that and many attendant issues..so forgive me for not getting it together as quickly as I would like. LastH is doing a far better job than I ever could so enjoy his reports..rich in detail and correct in recollection...I had such a great time with them..true friends..I will post as soon as I can thre details I remember from that great trip..thanks all..

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Re: LH, Trip Report/ Days 7 thru 9

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Tue May 06, 3:36 pm

LastHamlet wrote: You reckon we are living dangerously??? I don’t think so, but opinions do vary.

You have chosen non-lethal substances to indulge in, so you don't have that much to worry about (though I would advise LO to give up the Kools, those do kill, but lung tissue regenerates, so it's not too late.)

It does seem that one thing that's missing is ample rest time, which is why you both may have gotten sick. But hey, triathletes and marathon runners abuse their bodies in a similar way, you are certainly a drug athlete in my book. Be proud of your marathon. Then get some rest when you get home to your self described 'schwag' weed.

Weldon
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Weldon » Tue May 06, 8:43 pm

Wow! Reading your report makes me want to head to the airport and go right back!

I didn't eat any product this time. It kind of interferes with my overall high. Whereas you were already well saturated when you ate the Chocolata stuff, it would probably get me to the lever where 2 gram joints wouldn't have any effect.

Between you and me, LH, I didn't think that much of our hotel. You clearly had better digs but do you think it would have hurt them to make the breakfast hours go between 7 and 10? You may not have experienced this but there were big crowds in that little breakfast room at 9:00 every day as people crawled over each other to get their breakfast. One day I also noticed a family taking nearly all the bread, meat and cheese making sandwiches for later. But, as the clerk said, this is a budget hotel.

I'm sorry I missed the Channelites get together. One of these days I'll be in town the same time as everyone else.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

I lost my head.

Postby LastHamlet » Fri May 09, 12:31 am

I never replied to thank all of you for these wonderful words of encouragement. In the retro, if you have read the whole thing by now, you already understand my absent mindedness. To me this 7 to 9 report was one of the best I had in me. I owe all of you more than this report. Maybe some day I can find a way to repay you.
Blueberry, you really liked this one as well. Thank You for that wonderful website of yours, and the kind words. That website made the trip to Haarlem for us. I was kind of worried that the panty thing might offend people, but it was funny. I had to leave some suspense for OHG's trip report on the Nol thing.
Weldon, I had a similar experiance with the food thing. I think that is more rude people than the Hotel's fault. The construction was a bit loud to others on the back lower floors as well, but it really ain't the fault of the Hotel either. It was not the best place I have stayed, but for the price I was happy. Of course, room #79 is on the third floor and faces Overtoom. I do like staying closer to the web so to speak. (AMS Maps look like spider webs to me. At least from Stadhouderskade to Central Station it looks that way.) In answer to a past question of yours, I don't keep a journal. I have a little book that I add the places I went on that day, while at the hotel late at night. I wrote these reports and those places from the book, written on the right days, and the rest from memory. Thanks for the kind words Weldon.
LaTristesseDurera, thanks as well. I did enjoy the marathon. Yet anybody who met me never found me to be stuttering or staggering at any point. High endurance for sure.
OldHippyGuy, you can tell em, I don't stagger do I? Thanks to you as well. Your tragedy was worse than mine and I do hope he will be better. You are a brother to me and that makes him a great concern of mine as well. Wish him high spirits. Please tell your dad about Collodial Silver. It is like a natural cure for anything. Search the web, there is even what is called iodized silver.
Thanks for the thoughts as well Banks. I know you will understand this one. "Shit, I would be honored to be your wing-man."
Mr. Charlie, your trip reports are equal to or better than mine, Hats off to you for your efforts.
MaxT thanks also, in retro, I am also glad I didn't jump.
Bon Bon Billy, thanks again, but you know you are a better writer than I. I was all to glad to do what I could do, and it does me proud that you liked it.
GT, it is always a pleasure to hear a reply from you. Thanks a bunch for all the good words you spoke of the reports.
Running Wild, Thanks also, I enjoy reading a lot of your posts as well. You got some on another board here that I get a real hoot out of.
A Bollocks, I always enjoy the way you write, you really ought to post more. Thanks man.
Moe, you is the man. Thanks a whole lot. More than you know. You give some great recon on the Hotel before I left. Some day I just got to catch you in the Dam to repay ya.
Patrick, I usually stock pile a lot of the Grey Mist Crystal and the Bud to. Thanks for all your kind words as well. You know there ain't no place I went on this trip you couldn't get to blind folded.
SkipMDMan, thanks for understanding, and you know what I mean. Thanks for the input. You were a big help. Glad to have met you, it was my honor.
Suze, Thanks for the helpful thoughts, it was a big comfort and I do thank You and yours for the kind offers. If I get together, I might get to meet you in June/July. Hope so.
Dogbreath you are a trip report writing Icon. Yours and Dedbuds were some of the first ones I read on this forum. Thanks for the High Marks. You two fellows were my original inspiration.

So, when I tell you this addage, I mean all of you. I wrote this whole Trip Report, standing on the sholders of Giants.
All of you wonderful people are those Giants.
Thank You All so Much. I really mean it.

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Tue Mar 09, 3:52 pm

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”