LH, Trip Report/ First 3 Days.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

LH, Trip Report/ First 3 Days.

Postby LastHamlet » Sat Apr 26, 4:15 pm

DAY 1:
One eye opens and looks over the shoulder of my beloved wife. Out the small oval window and seeing the apparent sight of Holland. I did manage to get about three hours sleep this time. This being my fifth venture since 1981 and my wife’s third since 2001. A message on the intercom had the rest of the passengers awakening and scrambling as well. “ We will be landing in 10 minutes”
We touched down at 6:00 am, and now finding ourselves in Central Station AMS at 6:45am. It was April 11, 2003, and once again, we were in our Magical Kingdom. We were watching Amsterdam awake on this Friday morning, and it was a beautiful day.
Now I know I posted I was going to wait until ‘Old Style’ opened to have my first smoke, but that is three hours away. Yep, I caved. Heading over to Barney’s, very reluctantly, while pulling a rolling bag each. Those things do not roll well on AMS streets. Well we were a little early and the cook was not ready yet, said the lady barkeep. We roll inside, ordered a coffee and I ordered a gram of Tangerine Haze at Euro 11.50. Then I ordered a gram of Morning Glory, can’t remember how much... We immediately rolled the Tangerine haze up in a single joint. That was some really impressive and tasty ghanja. It was very uplifting and had us able to walk and talk and giggle, without any problems. We had a very good experience in Barney’s Coffeeshop that morning, and so did all the other patrons that came in. I think it has to be timing with them. Of course, we all have our bad days.
Rolling our luggage back to CS, we got our Tram Dagkaarts. We got the max. (9 days) for Euro 26.40 each. We grabbed the first Tram #1 to the Overtoom stop. As you exit the tram, the Hotel Abba is right across the street. After dropping off the luggage the plan was, pretty much known. Ah, the ‘Coffeeshop Binge’ was inevitable. Taking the tram back, one stop shy of CS, which was the Nwz. Kolk stop. Bolted from the tram, luggage free and ready to take action on the ghanja situation.
Now it was time to say hello to my nearly lost brothers of the Cafe Coffeeshop Old Style. Their shop is so easy to find, I should have walked backwards to make it a challenge. Upon entry, there were smiles on their faces of instant recognition. Of course, I usually have a music disc to give them, a music disc bearing their ‘Old Style’ logo. I custom make them just for the fellows there. I had a rather lengthy conversation with the fellows on their recent situation. There are two new rules in place, displayed on the front door and actively being enforced. 1) No Hard Drugs. 2) No Hats. One thing remains though; they are still there. I have a surprise for them later this week. While we were there, I purchased three kinds of their weed, Stardust, White Widow and Bio Skunk. We managed to consume about two grams while in the midst of good conversation. They told me of the dilemma of their closing. How for nearly two months they waited for their fate to be decided. It was so good to see their faces.
Upon getting really smoked up, we headed on to our next stop. Siberie Coffeeshop was the next on the list, and the Siberie Tiger 1 was the four-gram order for the moment. After ordering hot chocolates, we proceeded to consumed two grams of that awesome Tiger smoke. While conversing with the barkeep, we discovered that our favorite barkeep Roos had gotten a job in the Dutch Social Security System. She had told us last year that they would not let her work in her field of study, since she had been an employee of a coffeeshop. I guess sometimes you do not get to see your favorite people, and that can be a good thing too.
As we headed out finishing the tasty hooter, on the way down the Singel to the Grey Area. There was lots of construction on the streets going on in this area. There were even the dreaded wooden skid walkways to maneuver. You know it is always a pleasure to see John, seeing how he is most likely the friendliest barkeep in Holland. I was on a fact-finding Journey here, as well as a stock up. After consulting with John a good bit, I have the straight scoop on the Grey Area goods. The strongest weed they have is indeed the Grey Mist Bud. According to John, the Grey Haze and Wobbler would be a draw for 2nd place in the strength category. When asking of their mildest kinds, he pointed out that he was out of it, the 4077 medicinal weed. He went on to say that he had his second mildest kind in full stock, that being Yellow Cab. Now for those wishing to settle this issue with him, you know he is friendly, just ask him. With the issue of the strengths settled, the wife and I made our selections. We will have 2 grams yellow cab, and 1 gram Double Bubblegum, and 4 grams of Grey Mist Bud, and top it off with 3 grams of Grey Mist Crystal. We always try to keep our order within the legal 5 grams each. We stayed long enough to roll and smoke a good joint then headed a little further down the Singel. Crossing over the bridge to the left we came upon the Dutch Flowers. The only time I had ever been in there, the barkeep was rather rude. I thought to myself, Patrick likes this place and has recommended it highly. So, we popped in and ordered some of the Zenith Bud. After smoking up a good gram, I found Patrick correct. This is a cool place and not to mention it is within a block of two of our favorite Restaurants. I have to tell you; at this point, we were lit up pretty well. Departing from Dutch Flowers immediate right then a left at the corner, we began heading up the Spuistraat. As we casually done some window-shopping we discovered that one of the windows on the right side of the road had a nearly naked lady sitting in it. I do not remember ever seeing that window before. Oh well, onward to grab a meal. We decided to go around the corner from ‘Old Style’ to an Argentina Steak House. Last year it was wonderful, this year it was not quite as good. Even the tea was different. Last time they had a real good peach tea, this year mud water. After leaving, we went across the street to Hemp Works. This is where we got our first load of shrooms. As expected we could only get wet ones. We purchased eight bowls of them. We had the idea to dry them out in the closet at the Hotel. It worked out well, seeing how it only took two days too completely dry.
At this point, we went back to Hotel Abba to secure our room. Everything was ready so we unpacked a few essentials, grabbed a shower and headed back out. We walked around a couple of more hours. It is amazing how much walking a person can do when charged up on the ghanja. Being slightly worse for the ware, we decided to eat some chicken at the little deli down from ‘Old Style’. I have said before I use the ‘Old Style’ as center. Therefore, many things I like seem to be right around that area. However, the chicken was also a let down, also not as good as it used to be. It just tasted kinda like it had been in the window for two days. Well none the matter, we headed off to the Hotel room for some unwinding. I rolled up a nightcap joint of Grey Mist and laced it with the Grey Mist Crystal. All I can say is wow; 9 grams shot down on the first day. I have to say that between the wife and I, I consume 65% to her 35%.
I have to mention that the high temperature was 61 degrees, and the low was 48.

DAY 2:
As my wife opened her little blue eyes, she saw me lighting up another freshly rolled joint. She will use this time to get her morning shower. Just as I finish the joint she has finished, dressing and we head down to breakfast. Typical Dutch Breakfast, you know bread, meat, cheese, coffee and juice. Since I first experienced this type breakfast in 1981, I have become accustomed to it. We gobbled up the meal, headed back to the room to grab camera and head out. We decided to grab a few items we needed at the Albert CuypStraat Market. I needed to get a waist wallet, where I carry my entire weed collections, papers, and such. That way it doesn’t smell up my shirts and other clothing. Of course, we had to get a small water pipe and a small carry pipe as well. While we were walking through the market, we saw the exact same street performer that we see each journey. He plays an array of instruments and even a tambourine with his foot. He is a good musician and I always throw a few Euro in the hat. Now, after the market we head up near CS to get our morning smoke. That led us to ‘Old Style’ for a hooter of their White Widow bud. With that consumed, we headed to the Nieuwe Kerk Museum, where we renewed our Museum JaarKaarts. It is an interesting museum, right beside the Royal Palace. It is mostly church items and displays. It was now noon, and I was scheduled to meet with SkipMDMan at De Kuil. Around the corner we went. I walked in and went to the bud counter, ordered some Shiva smoke. My wife ordered the drinks at the bar, and we grabbed our chairs. The fellow next to us said, are you two channelites? Upon saying yes, He introduced himself. I have to tell you that no one would ever suspect SkipMDMan of being a ghanja smoker. He told us he preferred pre-rolled joints as he watch me roll up a one-gram hooter of pure Shiva. He was a very nice fellow and after I had smoked about a half of joint, we all headed out. The wife and I headed our way and Skip went his way. I still could not help thinking that I would have never guessed he smoked the ghanja. Nevertheless, even if he didn’t smoke at all he was still a very nice fellow.
After you have had your morning smoke and a museum, and another smoke, you are all to ready for lunch. Therefore, what better time to check out one of our favorites, the Beaume? BTW, it has a red canopy over the front now instead of the old green one. This was no disappointment, seeing how the Restaurant Beaume is always awesome. By this time my wife is really tired, so we head to the Hotel to get her a catnap. I used to time to check out the SRS Internet place right down Overtoom, a block from the hotel. I posted a post for Weldon that I had promised to do. It was the one concerning the Hotel Abba. After making the post, I decided to go the other way up the street and take a right. After a few minutes of walking, I came to the Kashmir lounge. I have to tell you this, my glasses tint in the sunlight, and it was very sunny. When I walked into Kashmir, I could not see a thing. I managed to get inside and to the end of the bar, where there was an available seat. I hope that was a seat I was sitting on. I put my glasses in my pocket for a minute to lighten them up quicker. When I put them back on, I still could not see. I don’t know if the place was all right or not. I just cannot feel comfortable in a room with people other than my wife, if I can not see. Suddenly I had an idea; I started patting my shirt pocket and pants pocket as I headed out. As if this were some indicator that I had forgotten my wallet. Oh well, I just headed back to the hotel to watch the wife nap and smoke a few bowls of Kif. I mixed a little of the Grey Mist bud in with it. In about an hour she awoke and we bolted out on the town again. We caught the tram and headed into town. We did some shopping on the Kalverstraat. After that, we had decided to drop by the Siberie and have a quick smoke. Then on to have a good dinner at a place I read Banks recommend. Yes, we decided to have Ristaffal at 'Kanjil en de Tijger' on Spuistraat 291-293. Or, as the Dutch spell it, Rijstafel. They have three different sizes; we chose the medium size. We could not finish but a little over half that awesome feast. That was the single best meal I have ever eaten in my life. There was meat dishes, rice dishes, vegetable dishes, and all kinds of neat foods I had never heard of. We got the medium for two, LastOphelia had three coffees, and I had three cola’s. Even with a 10 Euro tip, we were out the door at 60 Euros. For the best meal I have ever eaten, that was well worth it. I kid you not it was awesome, out of this world...
This was to be the evening of our first Shroom journey. All I can really say is those evenings are magical. We retire to the room, and blend together as one.
Marking the end of our second day in Amsterdam, we had consumed 8 grams of good ghanja, and a few grams of mushrooms. Not to mention that the weather has been perfect, so not like Amsterdam. Today’s High was 63 degrees, and the low was 50 degrees during the night.

Day 3:
Nothing to different about the beginning of this day, I started it off with a bang. Maybe I should say bong, cause that would be more truthful. We seem to follow the same early morning routine. This also includes a customary morning smoke at the ‘Old Style’. You can tell I like this place. It is not that big, their prices are not the best, but I have a special connection since 1995. It was now time to be off, to check out the Het Ballonnetje Coffeeshop on Roeterstraat 12. It is right up the street; just a few minutes walk, from Artis Zoo. It has been many years since I had been in there. It hadn’t changed a bit; it seemed just the same. It was quaint, cozy and rather friendly. Not to mention their weed prices rival the Noon and Siberie. It had a small balcony upstairs that is 1/3 the size of the downstairs. With these stairs that are rather tricky. To give you a real perspective of the size of the shop, the balcony has about the same amount of seating as the Grey Area. Their weed menu consisted of about seven choices. I am sure they had hash as well. I did not look to see, seeing how I do not smoke much hash. I bought some skunk selection the dealer suggested, at euro 5 and some change a gram. Yes we parked in the balcony. I guess I ain't to old for those stairs after all...LOL.
After having a nice time in the Het Ballonnetje, we headed up the street to see the Artis Zoo. We spent about three hours walking around and still didn’t see the whole Zoo. It is a lot bigger than one would think. Now after all of this a good lunch was in order. We decided not to chance it, and took Tram #9 to Central Station. After getting off the tram, we headed to the Beaume for a great lunch. I hardly ever write what we eat, we just enjoy it. Now rolling out of the Beaume we went to kadinsky Coffeeshop to check our e-mail and send a few replies. Had a coffee and cola and headed down the street to check out Chocolata Coffeeshop. Neither one of us have been there, so we wanted to check it out. It was a happening little shop. They sold their weed in pre weighed bags though. I got some of the Chocolate Mist bud. After smoking the joint, I must say it was indeed sweet. It was just about as sweet as the Siberian Tiger weed. The girl got a little ticked when I ordered the drinks after paying for the weed. Usually in shops, they have separate counters for weed and drinks. Oh well, live and learn. Other than that, we had a nice time in there. When we decided to leave we just walked around for a few hours. I remember walking up Nwz. Voorburgwal, and around the Dam. Then we walked around the Singel Canal for a bit. Somehow, these sites never seem to get old to me. However, each time I go I seem to see another layer deeper into the Dutch scene. I try a little harder to see through the eyes of the Dutch people. Well, all this walking lead us right back to Spui, where the Dampkring Coffeeshop seemed to be a great choice. I wanted to check on the Nebula. It is a good thing I did to, cause they had one good 1-1/2 gram bud left, and a tiny bit of shake. I bought it all and put it away for the channelites meeting on the 19th. This will be smoked in honor of Dobbs. The dealer told me he wouldn’t be getting any more for two weeks or so. They were also out of Buddha’s Sister completely, so I decided to get the Reclining Buddha instead. We smoked up about two grams of that kickin’ stuff. I was not aware how good it was until I left. When we stepped out side my wife asked me which way to Spui, and I had to think about it for a minute. In fact, we ate dinner in a new place, and I still don’t remember the name of that restaurant, or even what we ate.
At around 10:00 we headed back to the hotel. We smoked a couple more grams of weed with kif mixed in, and passed out. After a total of 9-1/2 grams, we were all to ready to call it an evening. This was another perfect weather day. Daytime high of 64 degrees, and a nighttime low of 53.

More to Come Later....
Last edited by LastHamlet on Fri May 23, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

WOW!

Postby a bollocks » Sat Apr 26, 5:36 pm

All this in three days! I feel like I've been walking around the Dam for ages. A contact high. Your reports are gezellig and excellent. Keep up the good work. I hadda write down "Kanjil en Tiger" Sounds scrumptious!

"Oh, that this too, too sullied flesh would melt, thaw and resolve itself into a dew.................on the grass, on the Grass, on the banks of a canal, in our beloved A'Dam." ------some Dutch dood with the same issues as some Danish dood.... 1605

WOOP!
Last edited by a bollocks on Sat Apr 26, 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Apr 26, 6:21 pm

"lit" indeed! OMG you guys are smokers and tokers! Great report! BTW does anyone know what the "Kantil" in Kantil en Tiger means? and exactly how does "Ballontje" translate and what is the meaning? Just wondering.
Pax

Weldon
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Weldon » Sat Apr 26, 9:09 pm

Great report. Great detail. I'm still here. You must have had a room on the street as opposed to me in the back where the noise is.

The one thing I'm finding about the bud is that I haven't had anything bad yet. Every time I think it's weak, it hits me like creeper. It just gets better every time. I had a nice dinner last night at a place called Ankara. Good lamb and quail

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster

YUMMY!

Postby a bollocks » Sat Apr 26, 9:15 pm

Weldon wrote:Great report. Great detail. I'm still here. I had a nice dinner last night at a place called Ankara. Good lamb and quail

Another one! Lamb and Quail, Turkish-style! Love it! Thanks.

WOOT!

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sat Apr 26, 9:19 pm

Truly awesome report! I just got done reading it out loud to Bev and we kept saying "I wish they were there during our trip". See, I smoke about as much as you and Bev probably less than LastOphelia. We left 2 days before you got there and we got lousy weather compared to what you got, and the 2 weeks before we got there were awesome temperature wise as well...oh well, another trip. Memories of the Abba came flooding back too. Very sparsely furnished rooms with cold tile bathroom floors and army cot beds. Was Clodaugh still running the place? Gotta love that Grey Mist and the Crystals too. (I'm still lovin' those crystals ;-) ) I wish we could write reports as well as you, we eagerly look forward to your next installment.

moe.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sat Apr 26, 9:31 pm

Welcome back, Trapper!!! I thought the trip report would be good... I really didn't expect it to be THIS GOOD!!!
You live up to your name...

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Sat Apr 26, 9:41 pm

Awesome reading, thanks LastHamlet for a kick ass trip report!! I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to include so much detail from each days activities. I truly felt as if I was there walking along with you:))

BlueBerry
Last edited by BlueBerry on Sat Apr 26, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Whoa

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Sat Apr 26, 9:50 pm

'What a piece of work is a man'

I know someone has written a great trip report if I am seething with jealousy after reading it. What does the bible say? Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's trip to Amsterdam' Sounds like you had an amazing time. I really enjoyed the 'Chocolate Mist' when I had it this January. Too bad the Kashmir was a disappointment. I love that place. Although, you may have made it back, I'm waiting with baited breath for the next report. (OK, my breath smells like bait all the time, but I am anxious to see it. )

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Sun Apr 27, 5:06 am

What a cool, detailed trip report, keep burnin the buds, looking forward to your next one. I'll do the Ristajfel next time I go, thanks.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

You are all to Kind.

Postby LastHamlet » Sun Apr 27, 7:40 pm

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments. I really mean it, you are all to kind. I am just going to write it like I lived it. A Bollocks, you are a true poet, hats off... Moe, I do think Clodaugh still runs the place, it seems as she has a gentleman co-manager, and thanks for the pre-trip info on Abba. And Banks, Thank You. That Restaurant recommendation was as I wrote; the best I ever ate in my life.
Blueberry, always thanks to you. You make seeing a new place in Haarlem, an easy adventure. LaTristesseDurera, it is okay to covet a good time in AMS, I have done it myself on occasion. We wouldn't begrudge someone their trip, we just want to go with them. Hank, do try that Restaurant, it'll blow you away.
I was kinda worried if this trip report would live up to channelite standards. I think it is not nearly as good as some of the trip reports I read from some of the more senior members. However, I do promise this; The rest of the report is not only going to be better, but I will definantly live up to my namesake. I am affraid that all things have a tradegy, and the end of this report will net one of my life's most terrible tradegies. I won't give away the ending, as the ending is a real tear jerker. No, I didn't try anything bold through customs. I am much to scared to attempt that, but to me, it is much worse than that. As I said, I will live up to my namesake, I promise...
Thank You All.

patrick

wow

Postby patrick » Sun Apr 27, 8:19 pm

great report and glad you gave dutch flowers a chance. your report is at the top of the list of great all time reviews already.

jahshua
power poster
power poster

Postby jahshua » Sun Apr 27, 8:19 pm

absolutely incredible hamlet..cant wait for the sequel..hope the tragedy worked out okay in the end..what a nail biter!..you set the standard high i can only hope mine are half as good as that...thanks alot!!!

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Sun Apr 27, 8:28 pm

My, that was quite the trip report, herren Hamlet. And a nice long one too.

I enjoyed reading of your adventures... felt like I was right there alongside you, and at times, I swear I could even get a whiff of some of that herbal essence drifting my way.

I like your priorities too: coffee shop, wander around, coffee shop, eat something, coffee shop, aimless saundering, coffee shop, dinner, coffeeshop.... you get the drift.

Life doesn't get any better. Keep 'em coming please.

:-) Dogbreath

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: You are all to Kind.

Postby a bollocks » Sun Apr 27, 10:30 pm

LastHamlet wrote:Thanks to all of you for your kind comments. I really mean it, you are all to kind. I am just going to write it like I lived it. A Bollocks, you are a true poet, hats off...

you can call me Boll. 'Twas your report that inspired me. Please keep on truckin'.

WOOP!

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: You are all too kind.

Postby a bollocks » Sun Apr 27, 10:34 pm

a bollocks wrote:

WOOP!

I WANNA BE A REGULAR!

<woot!> 50?

"Goan-Ging gawn-gong......... goin' Downtown, gonna see my gal, gonna sing her a song, gonna show her my ....... credentials as a Channelite.. I iss a reg'lur.

WOOP!

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Whoa

Postby a bollocks » Sun Apr 27, 10:57 pm

LaTristesseDurera wrote:'What a piece of work is a man'

I'm waiting with baited breath for the next report. (OK, my breath smells like bait all the time, but I am anxious to see it. )

You beat me to the punch, Groucho. Why I oughta..... I spent 10 years in Leavenworth, I mean, 11 yrs. in Twelveworth, uuhhh, 5 & 10 at Woolworth. See what I get?

WOOP!
Last edited by a bollocks on Mon Apr 28, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Charlie
super poster
super poster

Postby Mr. Charlie » Mon Apr 28, 7:29 pm

Great report Hamlet!! I have to say though that I think your lungs are the true heroes here!!! Damn, that's a lot of weed to smoke in three days!!

Tell me - were the stairs to the balcony at Het Ballonetje not the most treacherous damn things you've ever climbed? I thought for sure I was going to break my neck coming down them, especially considering it was my first stoning of my trip!!

GT
power poster
power poster

Postby GT » Mon Apr 28, 8:44 pm

ladies & gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, THAT is a model trip report. thanks so much; i just took a trip & never left the farm!
if someone wants advice on how to write a trip report, just point them to this one, a fine loaf of fact & artistry, skillfully leavened with humor and baked with care.

i thought the 5 gram limit was for the total purchase, not for each kind...am i wrong here? wouldn't be the 1st time.

i LOVE that musician at cuypstraat mkt, missed him this year. next time i see him i'm gonna negotiate a price to video a full tune from him.

and my goodness, if i smoked the amounts you did i'd be catatonic. or at least napping. or eating.

thanks so much for taking the time to write with such detail & humor. "a bang, no, make that a bong" or words to that effect. ha!

bluberry- blow off the "sea palace" or whatever the name was, let's go to kantil en tiger! seriously, it sounds much better.

a bollocks - it's revealed, you were blind melon chitlin (or is it blind lemon pledge; bad sector in my cranial harddrive) in a former life!
& for what it's worth, a regular is ok, but i wanna be an extra large (or sedated)

dobbs
power poster
power poster

Postby dobbs » Mon Apr 28, 11:43 pm

I ditto what everybody else has said (thanks for the detail, I envy the hell out of you, you must have teflon lungs, etc--hee hee). Looking forward to the next installment so I can find out what you thought of the Neb.

Bon Bon Billy
super poster
super poster

Excellent post, LastHamlet.

Postby Bon Bon Billy » Tue Apr 29, 1:35 am

Wow, what a report. You had me walking the streets of Mokum as I sat at my computer. Great work. I can the see the Old Style right now. I kinda like their AK47. It does a total number on me.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

I never would of thought.

Postby LastHamlet » Tue Apr 29, 5:11 am

Wow, now with the apperance of Patrick the Great, couple more shots from Boll, and high regards from the legendary Dogbreath, BOhannon,and BonBonBilly. Even others high markers, here long before I, Mr. Charlie, Dobbs, Jahshua and GT. I guess it is a good report. I got to say in all honesty, each and every one of you fellows and ladies are my inspiration. I look up to all of you. Dam, GT shot out a review of my trip report that seemed better than the report itself. I still think Dogbreath and Dedbud write the best reports, just to mention two.
The parts are still comming, and when it's finished, you will all know the reason it took me so long. I don't really want to write the words that will finish this report, but I started this, the least I can do is finish it. I will tell you this much now, the best of this trip report is all the adventures. The ending is like the movie 'Shattered', you won't guess it till the end, then you might wished you hadn't read it. The ending that is.
A big Thank You,
To each and every one of you.
You people are the best company I have ever had the pleasure of being near...

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Tue Apr 29, 6:39 pm

More, More, More,

I am sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation!!

BlueBerry

nogbin
power poster
power poster

Postby nogbin » Tue Apr 29, 9:32 pm

Ok Last Hamlet, I sat across from you at the table at de kuil. You have to tell me what happened.

SkipMDMan
power poster
power poster

meeting

Postby SkipMDMan » Wed Apr 30, 12:11 am

It was very nice meeting the both of you at De Kuil.

I don't know whether your comment "you would never guess he smoked ganja: was a compliment or not but I'll take it that way. :)

A great trip report,of course I would have been comatose had I done even 1/10th of the smoking you and your wife did. Just seeing the one joint you rolled (and taking the one large hit was plenty enough for me) was enlightening.

Hope to see you two over there again!

SkipMDMan

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

How Goes It Skip.

Postby LastHamlet » Wed Apr 30, 2:18 am

Indeed, it was a compliment, of the highest regards Skip.
You can weave through my world unsuspected of your vice. I don't think I can fool a soul. Which one of us two do you think they will search or suspect, while going through customs??? We think you are a fine fellow, and we like you a lot. Sorry about the joint, I didn't know it be be so strong. You know first hand how I love the Ghanja, I just wondered if you could tell I was smoked up? Few people in my life could ever tell.
Nogbin, I really like you as well. You are the original poster of my favorite thread. Thanks for the gift og the Isolator and the Noon Crystals. They were superb. I am so sorry Nogbin, I got to make you wait. I mean no harm, I just can't get it out of my insides right now. Please Understand.

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Re: LH, Trip Report/ First 3 Days.

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Sat May 03, 8:27 pm

LastHamlet wrote:After leaving, we went across the street to Hemp Works. This is where we got our first load of shrooms. As expected we could only get wet ones. We purchased eight bowls of them. We had the idea to dry them out in the closet at the Hotel. It worked out well, seeing how it only took two days too completely dry.

How many grams are in 8 bowls? And what type of shrooms were they? Would you reccommend them to someone who has a fairly decent tolerance for that sort of thing?

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Yes I would Suggest.

Postby LastHamlet » Sat May 03, 9:16 pm

A bowl of wet ones were from 11 to 14 grams, when we dried each out they weighed from 1 to 1 and 1/2 grams. At the HempWorks they were the Equadorian and the Columbian varities, which were their strongest strians. Yes, I would rec. to someone under those terms. We start off with a few bowls a piece and by our last trip we are eating 4-1/2 bowls each.
I have never smoked better weed than AMS, but shrooms are stronger here in the USA, In my opinion.
Later in the trip, coming in next report, we got some dried ones at the store next door, they were Copelania (SP?) They were about the same strength as the Equadorian. I have never hallucinated on nothing I have ever done, but these shrooms at AMS ar all right, none to overpowering. (IMHO)

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Fri May 16, 1:36 pm

BOhannon wrote:"lit" indeed! OMG you guys are smokers and tokers! Great report! BTW does anyone know what the "Kantil" in Kantil en Tiger means? and exactly how does "Ballontje" translate and what is the meaning? Just wondering.
Pax

Well I did a bit of research into this (read looked on the net and asked my Dutch colleagues) and there is no real consensus as to what kantil means. My guess was rabbit (konijn) as the sign above the restaurant has a shadow puppet rabbit on it. The Nederlanders here in the office had never heard of it at all. But I did find mention of it kantil as sharp-edged, angular but my colleagues couldn't find it in the online Dutch dictionary.

Ballontje just means small balloon.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri May 16, 3:18 pm

Thanks B-o-5. I have resumed my study of Dutch and fighred out the balloon thing (the"tje" meaning small confused me for a while, sorta like adding "ette" to some english words.
Pax

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”