8 gram hash cake, I nearly lost my mind

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

fable
power poster
power poster

8 gram hash cake, I nearly lost my mind

Postby fable » Mon Apr 21, 8:01 pm

I still haven't posted a report from my trip back in January, but I have an interesting story from my last night in Holland. I was hanging out in Den Haag with a bunch of friends watching movies and drinking beer. I believe we were watching "snatch" great movie! My friends wanted to cook me a hash cake since I was flying out the next AM. I brought over 4 grams of hash(cant remember the kind) and my friend, Kim, had four grams. We began breaking down the hash and Kim's girlfriend, Korina began mixing a cake mix, yellow cake I believe. We broke down all 8 grams completley and sprinkled it into the batter.

The cake finished cooking half an hour later and we put it in the fridge before going out to eat. I wanted a piece right away, but I hadnt eaten dinner yet. So we had a nice meal and I bought a bottle of wine. We were pretty toasted after several glasses of beer and wine! I had been smoking the whole day of course....

We got back to Kim's apartment and started cutting the cake up! I was so stoned I ate HALF of the cake! I was feeling great, giggling SO hard that I couldnt help myself. I couldt break the smile off of my face, it was permanent. I had a great time with my friends and we got home to our house in the statenplien area really late....needless to say, I was still fucked up, but I had to leave really early in the morning, so it was best that I went to sleep.

I couldnt go to sleep, I rolled around in bed for hours. My alarm went off and I took a shower. Something WAS NOT right. I couldnt see straight and my body felt very jittery! I got back in bed and started shaking uncontrollably. My friends were very worried about me! It looked as if I was ODing, but I didnt feel like it. It was almost as if I was shrooming, but I wasnt enjoying it! Eventually I began throwing up and dry heaving until I finally saw all the cake that I had eaten earlier. I guess I just had too much. My friends called me a cab and I was totally out of my mind. I hopped in the cab and the cabbie was smoking a cigarette, the smell of it made me gag. I got to the airport and people were looking at me as if I just got out of a heroin rehab clinic.

I didnt feel right the whole day, it was an odd and wierd way to exit such a beautiful and superb reality!!

Be careful when eating hash cake!!

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Tue Apr 22, 5:19 am

LOL, funny story but sorry to hear you had such a bad departure!

Live n Learn:))

BlueBerry

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Tue Apr 22, 6:58 am

Wow, that's a trip you'll never forget, thanks for the report.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Apr 22, 4:22 pm

That reminds me about my theory on hash brownies: "no matter how many you have they will all get eaten because eating hash gives you the munchies..."

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Fri Apr 25, 6:10 pm

Normally when I make a 8 gram hash cake, I don't let people eat more than one slice. It is usually pretty hard because the cake tastes so damn good, but 45 minutes to an hour later they thank me as they are off to la la land. Next time you might want to pace yourself a bit better, you can have more than one piece, but it isn't good to have it all hit your system at the same time. Imagine if you tried to smoke 4 grams all in one joint! It would be pretty much the same effect as you had with half the cake all hitting your bloodstream at the same time.

Hope your experience didn't turn you off the hash cake for good...

shlo

Postby shlo » Sat Jan 28, 2:56 pm

HA HA lol (Really hard)

this girl
power poster
power poster

space cake!

Postby this girl » Sat Jan 28, 4:50 pm

on my first trip to dam, on my last night i scoffed a cake from coffeeshop amnesia....just before i went to bed. those dam munchies! in the mornin when i cam round i really could not move out of bed, i felt paralysed! the boyf was getting ready, 'hurry up its our last day!' he kept calling from the bathroom. i peeled myself off the bed, wondering what the hell was going on...why did i feel like this? it slowly cam back to me...the cake! by then my head was swooning all over and istaggered to the bathroom. i re-decorated it with cake all over the tiling! hehe, good times. after that i felt pretty high, great way to start the day!

shlo

Postby shlo » Sun Jan 29, 11:19 pm

Aren't you just a mottel. Good luck finding another boyfriend.

tweedekamerman
just in
just in

Postby tweedekamerman » Mon Jan 30, 4:10 am

This thread reminds me of my first time in Amsterdam. I was only there for the day back in 1995 with my wife and I just had to smoke. After sight seeing etc, I ended up buying a prepackaged stick of dark hash from the Bulldog Palace late in the afternoon ( I know better now) but it did the trick. The next day was spent with my aunt and uncle (no smoking please) and the day after that we began our trip to Switzerland. Not wanting to get caught at the border, I stuck over half of what I had left in a Snickers bar and ate it. About an hour later it started to kick in. "Hey, this isn't bad." I thought and was ready to enjoy the rest of the day. My poor wife was driving the whole time. About 15 minutes later as I started to get higher, a huge wave of panic swept over me. I realized I had no idea how high I was going to get. Every 20 to 30 minutes for THE NEXT 9 HOURS a new wave of high would hit me and take me to the next level. It was all I could do to maintain some modicum of saneness trapped in that small car with nothing on the radio but euro-trash disco and the weather changing every five minutes to complement the general feeling of disorientation because this was my first time abroad. I had mad cotten mouth and I couldn't stop shaking. I still shudder when I think about that day. It finally let me go about nine that night while we were sitting in a restuarant ordering dinner. I breathed a sigh of relief and my wife just looks at me and says "Welcome back." Welcome back indeed. I don't think I'll ever eat hash again. A happy postscript - my wife sent me to Amsterdam with my best friend for my 40th birthday in May of '04 and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves smoking everything from Red Lebonese from De Kuil, to Melana Cream from Tweedekamer, plus Stella Blue, Kali Mist, Bubble Gum, Yellow Cab and Buddah's Sister. I can't wait to go back.

felix
power poster
power poster

HA!

Postby felix » Tue Jan 31, 3:26 pm

Sorry to laugh at your expense but that was sooooo hysterical!

Dont fear the space cake or the reeper!

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Tue Jan 31, 7:39 pm

So you had like 4 grams?

I had the same experience recently tho w/ even less.

I guess the same would happen if you smoked 4 grams at one shot but usually people's lungs would not be able to handle that.

I also felt like shrooms, I was convinced it was laced. But my amt. wasn't as much so it was sort of enjoyable walking around watching the streets fly by. Still, I wanted it to end.

celitolindo
power poster
power poster

Postby celitolindo » Tue Jan 31, 8:43 pm

tweedekamerman wrote:This thread reminds me of my first time in Amsterdam. I was only there for the day back in 1995 with my wife and I just had to smoke. After sight seeing etc, I ended up buying a prepackaged stick of dark hash from the Bulldog Palace late in the afternoon ( I know better now) but it did the trick. The next day was spent with my aunt and uncle (no smoking please) and the day after that we began our trip to Switzerland. Not wanting to get caught at the border, I stuck over half of what I had left in a Snickers bar and ate it. About an hour later it started to kick in. "Hey, this isn't bad." I thought and was ready to enjoy the rest of the day. My poor wife was driving the whole time. About 15 minutes later as I started to get higher, a huge wave of panic swept over me. I realized I had no idea how high I was going to get. Every 20 to 30 minutes for THE NEXT 9 HOURS a new wave of high would hit me and take me to the next level. It was all I could do to maintain some modicum of saneness trapped in that small car with nothing on the radio but euro-trash disco and the weather changing every five minutes to complement the general feeling of disorientation because this was my first time abroad. I had mad cotten mouth and I couldn't stop shaking. I still shudder when I think about that day. It finally let me go about nine that night while we were sitting in a restuarant ordering dinner. I breathed a sigh of relief and my wife just looks at me and says "Welcome back." Welcome back indeed. I don't think I'll ever eat hash again. A happy postscript - my wife sent me to Amsterdam with my best friend for my 40th birthday in May of '04 and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves smoking everything from Red Lebonese from De Kuil, to Melana Cream from Tweedekamer, plus Stella Blue, Kali Mist, Bubble Gum, Yellow Cab and Buddah's Sister. I can't wait to go back.

It's been my experience that hash or weed, eaten, doesn't have much effect unless it has been cooked or heated significantly before ingestion.
Have others gotten really ripped by eating raw hash? or weed?

Santoka
super poster
super poster

Postby Santoka » Tue Jan 31, 11:07 pm

celitolindo wrote:Have others gotten really ripped by eating raw hash? or weed?

Yes!

Here too...

tweedekamerman
just in
just in

Postby tweedekamerman » Wed Feb 01, 4:58 am

At the time, I really didn't expect the reaction I got when i popped the hash in my mouth and continued on with my day. If I didn't have my wife with me to drive and keep me grounded, I would have ended up as another pathetic, quivering tourist curled up beside his car on the A5 or A1 or whatever road we were on that day. "Raw" hash (if it's the right strain) does have an effect. If it's the right effect or wrong effect is yours to decide. If it's effect with an e or affect with an a is an english major's to decide. Either way it effected me and in the end I was affected. Till next time....

shlo

Postby shlo » Wed Feb 01, 2:35 pm

I would say it's effect with an e, because eating raw cannabis is a hit or miss matter. Often it doesn't work, but when it does, it is very strong. I have found myself that if you eat on an empty stomach you will feel the effect more strongly.

FLoid
new
new

Postby FLoid » Thu Feb 02, 3:50 am

Man... you can be fine long as you eat ONLY the cake. Mixing alcohol, and in this case beer AND wine with hash cake and smoking too?

Sounds like to me you were headed for it!

dacian
just in
just in

Postby dacian » Fri Feb 10, 7:57 pm

Hi everyone! I don't know what the hype is all about...Eating has and will be ALWAYS BETTER than smoking it! :) The only thing is you need to disolve the hash/weed in fat (butter, oil etc) or alcohol and use that (cannabuter or the alcohol hash/weed combo) because that's the only way that the canabinoids will disolve and therefore will affect you. If you consume it raw most chances are that your body will not be affected too much by it. The human body will always handle fats much better than raw/dry food.

Nice to meet you all by the way! I'm from Eastern Europe!
:)

Max Flower
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Max Flower » Fri Feb 10, 9:38 pm

Good stories Fable & tweedekamerman, Cheers for sharing.

I cooked about 7 grs of so so weed in butter that I then used to make a store bought betty crocker type cake mix.

Well, for the next couple of days I wasn't sure if I had the flu or what but I suspected the cake and swore off eating weed for good. Good for some just not for me.

Plus, once you've started to feel the possibly long lasting effects it's hard to reverse things if the buzz doesn't agree with you. Time to just hang on and ride it out.

dacian wrote:Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all by the way! I'm from Eastern Europe!

Welcome tweedekamerman and Dacian!!
Good you both found this little corner of Amsterdam here on the internets. Solid bunch here, stick around a while.

MF

shlo

Postby shlo » Fri Feb 10, 10:50 pm

dacian wrote:
Nice to meet you all by the way! I'm from Eastern Europe!

Where, Poland? Czech? Latvia?

dacian
just in
just in

Postby dacian » Fri Feb 10, 11:31 pm

Im from further eastRomania actually!
Thank you very much for the warm welcome, everyone! Its nice to finally meet all of youIve been reading the Channels forums almost daily for the last 6 months so I can tell that you all are a solid bunch! Im glad to join! :)

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DedBud » Fri Feb 10, 11:36 pm

dacian wrote:Im from further eastRomania actually!
Thank you very much for the warm welcome, everyone! Its nice to finally meet all of youIve been reading the Channels forums almost daily for the last 6 months so I can tell that you all are a solid bunch! Im glad to join! :)

You mean you've been lurking on here as a "guest" the whole time? Are you sure you aren't from Boston and work for Bose? Sorry, inside joke. Welcome to Channels dacian.

dacian
just in
just in

Postby dacian » Mon Feb 13, 10:19 am

Thank you for the warm welcome!

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby dannymac » Mon Feb 13, 4:11 pm

celitolindo wrote:Have others gotten really ripped by eating raw hash? or weed?
You'll have to put me in this category too. Not weed, but hash - back in '81 when leaving the Netherlands. I too was concerned about the German authorities as I crossed the border.

space doubt
regular
regular

Postby space doubt » Thu Feb 16, 12:46 am

fucking bunch ogf lightweights!

shlo

Postby shlo » Thu Feb 16, 5:18 am

space doubt wrote:fucking bunch ogf lightweights!
Well, coming from a guy named space doubt, I'll probably have to take that. But if you smoked the BC bud that we have you would probably black out.

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Postby oracle » Thu Feb 16, 3:23 pm

space doubt wrote:fucking bunch ogf lightweights!

And er.. what are you space doubt? Overweight?-then go and see your doctor......Dupa.

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Thu Feb 16, 5:59 pm

Good report, fable.

I, too, had a wild time eating space products before.
My buddies and I used to make space cookies
at university. Really spacey ones.
We'd use an ounce (28.4g) of the best weed we
could find, and using a double-boiler we'd turn the
whole ounce into just enough thc butter to make
two dozen chocolate chip cookies. Took two days
to do, but each cookie ended up with the thc from
1.18g of weed.

Well, one night I ate 12 cookies, one after the other.
The equivalent of about 14 grams:)
My buddy came home from the late shift at Burger King
to find me impersonating an Echidna (Google it if you need to)
behind the sofa:) Finally had to just lay back in bed and
enjoy the "cartoons" playing on the ceiling. It was the one
and only time I ever hallucinated on thc. Didn't panic or
anything, just couldn't do much but just lay there and
enjoy the show!

We also used thc butter to make some macaroni and cheese,
which another friend's girlfriend took home to eat over
the weekend. Her mother found it in the fridge, didn't
know it was spacey, and ate it all. From what this friend's
gf told us, her mom freaked out big time. She had
to tell her mom about what was in the mac & cheese, because her
mom kept wanting to call an ambulance. Took forever for
her mom to come down.

Man, university was fun!

shlo

Postby shlo » Fri Feb 17, 1:32 am

lol! one time my dad ate a peanut butter sandwich that I grilled bud into. He was floating around. He shouldn't touch my Divorim!

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Postby oracle » Fri Feb 17, 4:02 pm

shlo wrote:lol! one time my dad ate a peanut butter sandwich that I grilled bud into. He was floating around. He shouldn't touch my Divorim!

Maybe that's why he didn't pay your tuition fees, Shlo!

Keep the faith bro.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Mon Feb 20, 5:50 am

Shlo, He was reading your bibles?

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”