ODD & EVEN PERSPECTIVES-2004 Trip- Day#4

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Maid Marian
power poster
power poster

ODD & EVEN PERSPECTIVES-2004 Trip- Day#4

Postby Maid Marian » Sun Aug 15, 3:32 am

Day #4... Many Facets...

We awoke to drizzling rain at the hotel, and in that top floor room it is so sweet to hear the rain. Believe me, rain or snow, LH is ready to blaze a trail. The only thing that will slow him down is sex. BUT, I have to pick and choose those mornings, even at home. I have not been denied in the year that we’ve been together, but I analyze the situation well before my decision. It would be a serious blow to my womanhood to be turned down, so I do not attempt it when I know better. This was not one of those mornings. He was raring to go, so we had another pleasant breakfast at the hotel. LH introduced me to Mark, the hotel manager, and he was another person I instantly liked. We had made him a music CD as well as some for the Coffeeshops, and he was very appreciative. There’s usually a younger guy cleaning our room, but he must have been off that day, because Mark said he had to take care of the rooms himself. We don’t ever leave a mess.....at all. We always tidy up and spread up the bed. Since it was Mark, LH insisted on cleaning up even more. BTW, he always leaves at least a five on our dirty towels for a tip. Quite naturally, if we have been especially naughty the nite before, he leaves a ten. I finally got him to stop, as I was mumbling something about ‘if I wanted to do this, I could have just stayed home.’
Some of you that know him fairly well are all too aware that he tips excessively. No matter where we go.......everyone from a Budtender to his ‘visit to Vienna’......I informed him this had to cease. I worked hard to save for this trip as well as he did. We had to find a happy medium. Every morning we split what we had budgeted for the day. If people do something extra for me, hey, I’m all for leaving them a tip. As for just paying them to show up for work and finally deciding to give me some attention, forget it. They don’t get shit. Working with the public is very trying at times, but anyone can act decent and in a timely way. It did span several days, but LH actually once abstained from leaving a tip at all because of the service. I know it was hard for him, (that public niceness rearing it’s head again) but it was a real milestone. I was so proud I almost cried!
We headed on out for Picasso’s. I had not been there yet and was really stoked on going. When we got there we ran into a guy from Chicago that all the last year crawl member’s had met. His name was Jay and what a trip he was. He was performing at a comedy club in A’dam and what a comedian he was. His choice of smoke was a real surprise. Out of all the weed in A’dam, he chose the schwag we get at home. The funny part was he tried to convince us how great it was. He did not believe that was what we got at home, and we could not believe that he would choose it. We finally had to smoke some to prove to him we DID NOT want it. Yes, it was the old brick pot we get at home sometime........To think you lived in A’dam and chose to smoke that shit! I guess as LH says, “everybody’s different’. He was quite interesting and hilarious. What a philosophy on life also........
We had been there about 45 minutes when I decided to get some air. I stepped outside and leaned against the building. Now that I think about it, I believe I just needed a break from all the smoke, because as soon as I stepped out, I tried to light up a smoke. Of course I had left my lighter inside. I almost never leave my lighter anywhere, so I know I was really smoked up. So I was digging through my purse for a spare when this Dutch gentleman stepped right up and lit my cigarette. I swear, he came out of nowhere. He lit my cigarette and gave me the lighter. I tried to give it back and tell him I did have one, but he did not speak English nor do I believe he would have changed his mind if he knew. He insisted I keep it and said something sweet to me in Dutch. He smiled really big and disappeared as quickly as he came. It was so uplifting. You won’t see that in the States. WOW!!
I stayed out a few minutes and smoked my cigarette. All of a sudden this guy comes around the corner yelling and cursing and holding his arm. He was headed in the coffeeshop. I noticed his cheek was bruised and he had a cut above his left eye. I wondered what the hell was going on........He was inside all of ten seconds and this fellow was shoving him back out the door. I was right in the middle of it, with nowhere to go. Stoned as hell, I was, and could not believe my eyes. Another buzz-kill for sure. He kept shouting to the fellow who threw him out, ‘you broke my arm’. He responded with, ‘yeah, and if you don’t go on, I will break the other one.’ His arm was not broken though, but I am sure it hurt like hell. He finally left and I slid back inside. Come to find out, he had stolen the fellow’s bag ! I could not believe it. What a strange set of events. Somehow, I missed all of that. LH and Jay had seen that part, and I saw the second part. The locals said he was a crackhead and did shit like that all the time. I guess to a point people are the same all over. We found out the Budtender caught him red-handed trying to steal someone’s bag of weed last week, (green-handed as this case was) and had to throw him out then as well.
We stayed a few more minutes and Jay asked us if we would like to go to CS-‘Lost In Amsterdam’. We said of course and took off up Haarlemmerstraat and crossed the Singel.......It was located halfway down the first block on the left. It was a really mellow and good vibed place. The music was good and we sat upstairs. He bought us a round and we bought a round and had some crazy conversations. We smoked some, well, quite a bit of our Grey Mist from ‘Grey Area’ CS, as Jay insisted on smoking his “Jamaican’ as he called it.This was obviously Jay’s normal hangout as he knew all the patrons. He was well liked it seemed and quite and interesting fellow.
The afternoon was passing us by and we wanted to do some exploring and search out Molly Malone’s per Moe’s suggestion. We bid farewell to Jay and thanked him for a great afternoon. Another excursion awaited us. Now mind you, I am on day four, and those snacks I mentioned in day two........well, we still didn’t have any......so we finally made our way to Albert Heijn Market and bought all kinds of goodies. We had a time just trying to figure out which peanut butter to buy. We were laughing our asses off and putting one jar in the cart just to change our mind and take it back out. The same thing with strawberry preserves. Finally we said, let’s just get one. It turned out they were both fabulous. Along with that, we also purchased 3 kinds of cheese and some wonderful bread that I never did find out what it really was. I bought a few wine coolers, two six packs of coke and we were all set.
After all that, it was time for another smoke and a new CS venture. We ended up at Rusland’s, and I really like that place. It was another favorite of mine. The music was superb and so were the Budtender’s. We smoked a joint of 4077 because my back was screaming, plus I really like it. We sat down and had a coke and a looza. LH asked the two girls working there for directions to the street Molly Malone’s was on. The street was Oudezijds Kolk. They both had been there all their lives and had never heard of it. We thanked them anyway and we were off again. It was no trouble to find Oudezijds Vorburgwal, so we knew it must be close. LH informed me this was a main strip of the RLD, and I was glad to finally get to see it. Caminoreal must have seen different girls than we did, because most of these women in the windows were at least attractive. I started to sing the Eric Burdon song, ‘Spill the Wine.” When I saw a few of them part of the song just popped in my head.
‘I was taken to a place, the hall of the mountain kings.
I stood high upon a mountain top, naked to the world,
In front of every kind of girl..................
There was long ones, tall ones, short ones
Brown ones, black ones, round ones, big ones, crazy ones.......
Out of the middle came a lady,
She whispered in my ear something crazy.........she said
Spill the wine, and take that Pearl
Spill the wine, and take that girl
Spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine.
(There are some conflicts on the word’s “pearl” or “girl”. I say them both, and they seem to fit)
Of course I was singing it as if it were from LH’s perspective, but nonetheless it seemed to fit at the moment. A man in drag appeared and LH remarked he had seen him the previous year. Believe me, you would not forget him. I was waving at the girls while LH just looked at all the panties, blushing the whole time. He is so shy and sweet. If one of them had actually stepped out of the window, he would have probably freaked. I have learned to just look with him. But I have added a new rule. I don’t mind him looking at all, I even show him some panty lines I think he will like. To that I have to add, I now draw his attention to the not so ‘sweet’ panties also. The occasional ‘tuck and roll’ as he calls it, all the way up to the really disgusting ones........Some women should be required to get a license to wear a thong, but you have to take the bad with the good. This lasted the whole trip. I had him almost afraid to look...........Hell, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em........LOL..........I couldn’t help but notice most of the women and girls had an entirely different expression. Some of them I felt sorry for and some of them I was envious of. It made me have a lot of conflicting feelings, but overall, it was quite enlightening.
We walked some more looking for Molly Malone’s and I was really getting hungry. I was ready to eat a pack of crackers and a coke, when we stumbled upon it. It was located right on a canal, I mean right on it and it was a beautiful place. Everything in there was made of wood......Wooden keg heads, giant support posts, and the tables were wonderfully finished cable spools. It was all Irish too. Right down to the bartender/waiter that took care of us. I ordered ‘bangers and mashers’, while LH went with the ‘roast dinner. It was sooo good and satisfying. I might not even need sex tonight!!!! WOW.
After that wonderful meal, I made my way to the ladies room. It seems like most of the bathrooms have a very small room with the sink and then the toilet with a door. Of course it is all quite small in most of them as they have very limited space in A’dam. I was ready to open the stall door when I hear this roaring laughter obviously in the outer room. By the time I opened the door, the laughter was deafening...There seemed to be two of them. Two women were laughing like hell. One was actually sitting in the sink undressing. She already had her shirt off and was feverishly working on her jeans. The one standing in the door saw me and shut the outer door. The now almost naked one in the sink stuck her left leg toward me,( still howling with laughter and obviously with a good beer buzz) wanting me to help her with her jeans. .All she had on by now were her jeans and they were stuck down around her ankles. Her butt was in the sink and she was stuck. I began to laugh also and helped her take off the jeans. Then I pulled her out of the sink. She had been thrown in the canal by her friends and spoke entirely in Dutch to me. It was hilarious and we both were really laughing by now. I guess laughter really is the same in every language, because neither one of us understood the other one, except the laughter. She put on some dry clothes and made her way out still laughing.
We paid our bill and made our way out and walked through Zeedijk. It was decided we would take a canal ride. It was my first. We rode the Elizabeth Cordelia and it was so beautiful. So many wondrous sights and houseboats. What a place that would be to live. The Skinny Bridge was also part of the ride. It is amazing that it is still there and it really makes you know what a disposable nation the US.is. There were so many pilings strewn around with dates on them. Some of them as far back as 1764. There was one from 1889, then I saw one with the year I was born on it. Dam, I am old, but that is ridiculous. To be stuck in there with those century’s old dates......Hey I’m not that old!!!!
By now it was about 9pm. It is really hard to tell the time of nite, since it is still so light out even at 11pm. With a quick jaunt back to the hotel.....we had to take home our gear for the nite and go to Siberie for the webcam at 10pm. It is heaven when the toughest decision you have to make is what kind of weed to purchase. LH decided on 2 grams of Shiva for 12 Euro. What a bargain. He rolled up a famous LH hooter and it was definitely a ‘Katy, bar the door hooter’. There was an old man sitting right in front of the web cam and we had posted we would be there at 10pm. He wasn’t doing anything, not even drinking coffee. We knew we had to get rid of him. Every time LH exhaled, he blew it in his direction. Since he was not partaking at the moment, it got to him and he left. Hey, what can I say.........it was for the Channels!!!!
Time flew by in there and the smoke was righteous. I was almost in a stupor. I had never seen LH so friggin’ relaxed.......really. We closed them down at 11pm and decided to head for Old Style, knowing they stay open later. This was really my first time there as the other time I had just been run down by a bike and not really in a partying mood!! In fact, I never even went in that day..........So, we went in. It almost broke LH’s heart to see the Bud Counter closed down. I kept wishing I had sat in his seat, so he didn’t have to face the closed door. It bummed me out so bad I started drinking. I had a couple of beers. The draft beer is much different over there.........YEAH..........it doesn’t taste like PISS!!!! It is really good and doesn’t bite like the Heineken here. LH talked to the Budtender he knew and gave him a disc we made them. Of course he remembered him....and said something in Dutch to one of the patrons and he bought us a round. He was one of four guys that formed a quartet and sang with every song that came on. It was quite entertaining. We made some new friends and had a very memorable night. LH did another transformation right before my eyes, I almost thought he was drinking...........It was 1am and I needed to get him home to the hotel since he had morphed so quickly...............We stumbled up the stairs, literally all 5 flights of them and got in the room and we both transformed................After all, we did have strawberries and whipped cream........”Oh What a Night”...............

Till day six
Peace........................Maid Marian

sdshadow
super power poster
super power poster

Postby sdshadow » Sun Aug 15, 4:08 am

Great report! Thanks for sharing.

cmamste52
power poster
power poster

Postby cmamste52 » Sun Aug 15, 6:40 am

Thanks for the trip report...you and LH are great together!

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sun Aug 15, 6:54 am

Great read MM. I'm so glad you two liked Molly Malone's, it is one of my personal favorite places to go when in the Dam. I'm also glad you made it on the canal cruise, something I still have to get around to. I agree with you on the beer too, ours does taste like piss for the most part, but there are a few good ones out there. I enjoyed a few Palm biers last trip over. Hurry up with Day 5 LH.

moe.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Sun Aug 15, 1:13 pm

WOW - These trip reports seem to be getting better with everyone - Thanks for that...

...Boner...

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Sun Aug 15, 2:03 pm

Once again, we are treated to an excellent field report.

LH is one fortunate dude to have a fun girlffriend who, untypically, seems to enjoy herb as much as the males species. And one who seems to have become hopelessy attached to Amsterdam, as many of us are.

Dogbreath :-)

Dave J
power poster
power poster

Postby Dave J » Sun Aug 15, 2:42 pm

This report has to be the one on which I & others will have to base there own on in the future. Well done :)

Dave J

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Yes, I agree

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Aug 16, 2:50 pm

I second that Dave J, this was a really wonderul read. I may have to revamp my style. Highly impressive and most romantic.
I think I need to read it again.
Excellent writing Baby.

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Mon Aug 16, 5:11 pm

Wow! This alternating trip report idea is working
out great. Thanks so much for Day #4, MM.
I loved it!

naughtynurse
regular
regular

Postby naughtynurse » Tue Aug 17, 2:52 pm

Another great trip report...LH has finally met his match! Only 44 days until we touch down..your reports make the wait tolerable. When can we expect the pictures to be updated on LH virtual tourist site?

NN

Maid Marian
power poster
power poster

Thank You All......

Postby Maid Marian » Mon Aug 23, 1:07 pm

I appreciate all the wonderful responses to my day four.......

Last Hamlet and I have been working so much since we got home, we
have not had time to even view our photos, NaughtyNurse.

Hopefully, my work will slow down some this week and we will get to look at our pictures and maybe soon we can update his site.

LH is finally finished with overtime at work, at least for a while. I just worked twenty hours Sat and Sunday...........

Need a break!!!!! A'dam would be just right about now, LOL

Thanks for all the replies once again..........

Peace.............Maid Marian

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Sat Jan 30, 9:42 pm

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: ODD & EVEN PERSPECTIVES-2004 Trip- Day#4

Postby smokedpeppers » Mon Nov 05, 7:36 pm

Maid Marian wrote:LH informed me this was a main strip of the RLD, and I was glad to finally get to see it.

AMSTERDAM PLANS TO MOVE PROSTITUTION OUT OF RED LIGHT DISTRICT; SEX WORKERS UPSET
https://nltimes.nl/2018/11/02/amsterdam ... kers-upset

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Mon Nov 05, 9:20 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:
Maid Marian wrote:LH informed me this was a main strip of the RLD, and I was glad to finally get to see it.

AMSTERDAM PLANS TO MOVE PROSTITUTION OUT OF RED LIGHT DISTRICT; SEX WORKERS UPSET
https://nltimes.nl/2018/11/02/amsterdam ... kers-upset

They need to leave the RLD alone and focus more on the tours going through there. Remove the RLD from the tour and let people wander through on their own. This was never a problem at the other two RLDs in the city.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Mon Nov 12, 7:39 pm

I miss LH.
It's been almost nine years, and 48 is far too young.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Mon Nov 12, 8:18 pm

slither wrote:I miss LH.
It's been almost nine years, and 48 is far too young.

Second that emotion.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”