May 2-17

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

May 2-17

Postby MileHighDenver » Sat Apr 28, 12:01 am

In case anyone wants to connect,

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Re: May 2-17

Postby FlyByNite » Sat Apr 28, 4:41 am

Posted on the May Whos In Town page.

Say hi to my Amsterdam Angel.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-WhosIn ... 805May.htm

Enjoy
FlyByNite

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue May 01, 4:16 am

will you be around in August?

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue May 01, 4:59 am

worldcitizen1723 wrote:will you be around in August?

I don’t know yet. My dads wife is throwing a surprise birthday party for my dads 80th on 8/25. I’m expecting to be offered consulting gigs in both Jamaica and Peru starting in late June. I’m also very tired of my government and am looking for a permanent residence out of here. Holland is plan A atm. And I could possibly be moved there by then. Only time will tell. But I hope so. C U there maybe.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Thu May 03, 9:47 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:

I don’t know yet. My dads wife is throwing a surprise birthday party for my dads 80th on 8/25. I’m expecting to be offered consulting gigs in both Jamaica and Peru starting in late June. I’m also very tired of my government and am looking for a permanent residence out of here. Holland is plan A atm. And I could possibly be moved there by then. Only time will tell. But I hope so. C U there maybe.

: )

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue May 15, 8:44 am

My stay in Holland is coming to an end soon. Except for one rainy cool day it’s been nothing but warmth and sunshine. We’ve put hundreds of kilometers on the rented scooter and explored the country side around Amsterdam for days. We spent a day at Spa Zuiver in the Amsterdam’s Bos. We had a 100€ gift certificate and managed to use most of it. It’s a great place for people watching as everyone is naked. Because of all the prudish expats and foreigners moving into Amsterdam, the spa now has two days allocated to suits required. The city and coffeeshops are very crowded. To eat anywhere nice you should make a reservation. The European perspective on recent events around the globe has been interesting to see. America really is fucked and making new enemies daily.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue May 15, 2:48 pm

The euro is going in the right direction relative to the dollar... hope it keeps going in that direction!

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue Aug 14, 1:11 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:I’m also very tired of my government and am looking for a permanent residence out of here. Holland is plan A atm. And I could possibly be moved there by then.

How is this working out for you?
MileHighDenver wrote:We spent a day at Spa Zuiver in the Amsterdam’s Bos. We had a 100€ gift certificate and managed to use most of it. It’s a great place for people watching as everyone is naked. Because of all the prudish expats and foreigners moving into Amsterdam, the spa now has two days allocated to suits required.

Dude, we've seen you fully clothed... and believe me, no one wants to see you naked and it has nothing to do with being prudish...
MileHighDenver wrote: European perspective on recent events around the globe has been interesting to see. America really is fucked and making new enemies daily.

You might want to get out of Amsterdam sometime and see something of the rest of Europe before you make that kind of statement... :)

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Aug 14, 2:09 pm

Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:I’m also very tired of my government and am looking for a permanent residence out of here. Holland is plan A atm. And I could possibly be moved there by then.

How is this working out for you?
MileHighDenver wrote:We spent a day at Spa Zuiver in the Amsterdam’s Bos. We had a 100€ gift certificate and managed to use most of it. It’s a great place for people watching as everyone is naked. Because of all the prudish expats and foreigners moving into Amsterdam, the spa now has two days allocated to suits required.

Dude, we've seen you fully clothed... and believe me, no one wants to see you naked and it has nothing to do with being prudish...
MileHighDenver wrote: European perspective on recent events around the globe has been interesting to see. America really is fucked and making new enemies daily.

You might want to get out of Amsterdam sometime and see something of the rest of Europe before you make that kind of statement... :)

Thank you for the kind well thought out comments.

The Canadians will be here Monday to discuss the Jamaican consulting gig at UWI. The realator comes tomorrow to see about getting my house listed. I do get out of Amsterdam regularly. Things never move as quickly as you’d like. Sorry for that Banks. Anything else?

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue Aug 14, 3:24 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:Thank you for the kind well thought out comments.

The Canadians will be here Monday to discuss the Jamaican consulting gig at UWI. The realator comes tomorrow to see about getting my house listed. I do get out of Amsterdam regularly. Things never move as quickly as you’d like. Sorry for that Banks. Anything else?

Canadians having you consult in JAMAICA? GTFO...

Jackies Cannabis Sanctuary? Say it isn't so...

I've never seen you post anything about your times in France, England, Germany, or anywhere else in Europe...

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Aug 14, 5:22 pm

Banks wrote:

I've never seen you post anything about your times in France, England, Germany, or anywhere else in Europe...

Banks wrote:

I've never seen you post anything about your times in France, England, Germany, or anywhere else in Europe

I respond because I know how important the way I live my life is to you. My Jackie accidentally checked a box wrong on her ESTA form a few years ago and ICE gave her a lifetime ban from entering the USA. She’s never overstayed or been arrested in her entire life. We’ve paid attorneys many thousands of dollars trying to get their mistake resolved to no avail. So for the last few years it’s been a nightmare for us. Plans change and life can deal you a bad hand sometimes. So, we can be together in Jamaica for a few months as I get my place sold and we implement our plan to be together in Europe. I’ll move to Holland first and then we have flexible plans to retire in Portugal as we have a good group of friends already there. The logistics are difficult but not impossible. I’ll do my travel consulting business from there as it only requires a laptop and good internet connections. I’m sad we couldn’t get the Sanctuary thriving here but Jackie was the biggest part of that. I hope you can understand that I don’t share everything and everyplace in this forum anymore but I do travel other parts of Europe and have close family scattered there too. Thanks again for your support and kind words. There is hope.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue Aug 14, 8:51 pm

MileHighDenver wrote: Jackie accidentally checked a box wrong on her ESTA form a few years ago and ICE gave her a lifetime ban from entering the USA. She’s never overstayed or been arrested in her entire life. We’ve paid attorneys many thousands of dollars trying to get their mistake resolved to no avail. So for the last few years it’s been a nightmare for us.

I wasn't familiar with the ESTA program, so I looked into it. From the website:

If your ESTA application is denied, there are different options for what can be done. Resubmitting an application when none of your circumstances have changed will lead to your application being denied. If a reapplication is submitted but with false information, to try and gain acceptance into the program, the applicant will be made permanently ineligible when applying under the Visa Waiver Program.
If you have had your ESTA application denied, you should instead apply for a normal visa into the United States.

Interesting.. why doesn't she apply for the regular Visa?

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Aug 14, 9:27 pm

Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote: Jackie accidentally checked a box wrong on her ESTA form a few years ago and ICE gave her a lifetime ban from entering the USA. She’s never overstayed or been arrested in her entire life. We’ve paid attorneys many thousands of dollars trying to get their mistake resolved to no avail. So for the last few years it’s been a nightmare for us.

If your ESTA application is denied, there are different options for what can be done. Resubmitting an application when none of your circumstances have changed will lead to your application being denied. If a reapplication is submitted but with false information, to try and gain acceptance into the program, the applicant will be made permanently ineligible when applying under the Visa Waiver Program.
If you have had your ESTA application denied, you should instead apply for a normal visa into the United States.

You may have missed the part about many thousands of dollars which included visa applications. Thanks though.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Wed Aug 15, 12:04 am

MileHighDenver wrote:
Banks wrote:

You may have missed the part about many thousands of dollars which included visa applications. Thanks though.

Well that certainly bites, sorry...

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”