April Trip

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

User avatar
27guldens
super poster
super poster
Posts: 836
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 12:46 am
Location: la calle del ritmo
Contact:

Re: April Trip

Postby 27guldens » Thu Apr 13, 6:33 pm

Thank you Des.

Yes, i've also thought the stairs would not be a good idea with a three years old, and that price is out of my budget. Thanks, but i was hoping for a bargain ;-))

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11155
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: April Trip

Postby des » Thu Apr 13, 7:44 pm

27guldens wrote:Thank you Des.

Yes, i've also thought the stairs would not be a good idea with a three years old, and that price is out of my budget. Thanks, but i was hoping for a bargain ;-))


No probs! I definitely wouldn't stop there with a 3 year old! The living room door opens right onto the top of the stairs and there was no baby gate that I could see!

The cost I thought was reasonable! Being able to make our own drinks and snacks from food we bought at the supermarket saved us a packet!


Peace, Des.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11155
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: April Trip

Postby des » Sat Apr 15, 7:57 am

Our last night in Amsterdam, and we decided to go for a blow out meal to celebrate!

Mrs Des loves Italian food and I managed to persuade the others that's where we should go! I knew of a decent restaurant down on Leidseplein that we'd used on a previous visit, so we headed down there about 7pm!

Soup for starters, I had tagliatelle ai funghi, Mrs Des had a huge steak! We ordered 4 garlic baguettes to be shared with the meal and much Heineken was quaffed! It was brilliant!

After dinner we took the kids down to the 'Noon' simply because of what I'd spotted on their menu earlier! They'd come back from their visit to Barney's Lounge disappointed because they didn't have any of their favourite weed from our 2016 visit in stock! I knew they had 'Dr Grinspoon' at the Noon because I'd asked the Chinese dealer when I scored the 3 grams of Blueberry!

I fancied beer more than green, so we left the kids to it while me and the Missus went and had a few more scoops at a beautiful old canal fronted bar! We met up again at Rookies about a hour later!

The young uns wanted to go and check out 'Dolphins' coffeeshop, so me and Mrs Des finished our evening sat on the heated terrace at the 'Bulldog Palace' sipping lattes and people watching! The view was ruined by the boarding put up because of the building work, but the comings and goings at that particular junction are always fascinating to observe!

I nipped down into the cellar for a pre-rolled spliff to walk home with, and was surprised to see they've got a bouncer on the door! Who the fuck causes trouble in a coffeeshop?

A final fuck and then blissful carefree sleep! Mrs Des had packed before we went out and we didn't have to leave the apartments till 11am!

The following morning, the kids were chomping at the bit to get going! They were hungry for food and weed!

I managed to stall them till about 10-30 when their mithering got too much! We left the keys on the table as instructed, and took out the rubbish as we left!

We made a stop off at 1e Hulp then crossed over the road and caught the tram from near the fire brigade up to Centraal Station!

It's become a tradition that we have a final smoke out at the 'Greenhouse' on Haarlemmerstraat, and today would be no different!

I scored a gram of the 'Gorilla Glue' and a couple of Iced teas and we went and sat at the huge table upstairs! The pretty young waitress came and took our breakfat order! I wasn't that hungry because I'd already eaten 2 pistachio flavoured yoghurts out of the fridge rather than throw them in the bin! I asked for 4 toasts with butter and jam, my greedy fucker of a Missus ordered a full English breakfast, as did most of the kids!

I went for a piss, and when I came back there was 20 slices of toast, 8 pats of butter and 4 pots of jam laid out before me!

'Who ordered all this fuckin' toast' I queried! 'You did, you knobhead' came the reply!

Due to a misunderstanding with the waitress, she'd brought me me 4 portions instead of 4 slices!

I got ripped to fuck off the kids! Many jokes about 'toasting my health' and being the 'toast of the town' followed as did offers of toast they had left over from their full English breakfasts! ... Cunts!

When we left I smuggled about 8 slices out in my pocket to hide my shame!

We went and had our final final smoke leaning against the railings near the pissoir at the Lover's boat tour offices before catching the train back to Schiphol!

Well, that's my story for now! It was my 15th trip to the Netherlands, and the best one of all so far!


Peace, Des.

User avatar
moe.
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 7:06 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: April Trip

Postby moe. » Sat Apr 15, 4:29 pm

Thanks for the most enjoyable trip report since WC's. I enjoyed every word, even the ones I had to Google and guess at the meanings of!

We are currently enjoying an ounce of Gorilla Glue #4 here at home but we only had to drive 5 minutes to the nearest dispensary for it. It was only $6 a gram and with the 10% "bulk discount" only $160 out the door. I've gotten a couple of seeds out of it so far and will be planting them and any others I find outdoors next month.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5688
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: April Trip

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Apr 16, 5:45 pm

moe. wrote:Gorilla Glue #4, $6 a gram

jeesh, paint me green with envy

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11155
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: April Trip

Postby des » Sun Apr 16, 6:25 pm

moe. wrote:Thanks for the most enjoyable trip report since WC's. I enjoyed every word, even the ones I had to Google and guess at the meanings of!

We are currently enjoying an ounce of Gorilla Glue #4 here at home but we only had to drive 5 minutes to the nearest dispensary for it. It was only $6 a gram and with the 10% "bulk discount" only $160 out the door. I've gotten a couple of seeds out of it so far and will be planting them and any others I find outdoors next month.


No point me giving an opinion on any particular green! .. Three toots on any of 'em, and I'm absolutely monged!

I think the GG #4 was 16 Euros a gram at the Greenhouse!

My favourites are the 'old school' hashes like Zero Zero or the Superpolm, both of which you can still pick up at most coffeeshops for under 10 Euros a gram!

I just wish we could still get them in the UK!


Peace, Des.

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2:28 pm

Re: April Trip

Postby Hammer » Sun Apr 16, 8:55 pm

Thanks for a fantastic report on a fantastic trip. I enjoyed it so much, I had to read several of the days more than one time they were that good. And funny. I wonder what we all missed from the report that was lost.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11155
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: April Trip

Postby des » Sun Apr 16, 11:51 pm

Hammer wrote:Thanks for a fantastic report on a fantastic trip. I enjoyed it so much, I had to read several of the days more than one time they were that good. And funny. I wonder what we all missed from the report that was lost.


Not so much events, more my inability to fully convey the euphoric feelings of joy and romance I experienced on this trip!

It's difficult to put down in words the childlike buzz of riding a bike round Vondel Park, or laughing till your sides ache with the people you love, or strolling arm in arm with your soulmate through the unfamiliar streets of a beautiful city!


Peace, Des.

User avatar
moe.
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 7:06 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: April Trip

Postby moe. » Mon Apr 17, 12:08 am

des wrote:
moe. wrote:Thanks for the most enjoyable trip report since WC's. I enjoyed every word, even the ones I had to Google and guess at the meanings of!

We are currently enjoying an ounce of Gorilla Glue #4 here at home but we only had to drive 5 minutes to the nearest dispensary for it. It was only $6 a gram and with the 10% "bulk discount" only $160 out the door. I've gotten a couple of seeds out of it so far and will be planting them and any others I find outdoors next month.


No point me giving an opinion on any particular green! .. Three toots on any of 'em, and I'm absolutely monged!

I think the GG #4 was 16 Euros a gram at the Greenhouse!

My favourites are the 'old school' hashes like Zero Zero or the Superpolm, both of which you can still pick up at most coffeeshops for under 10 Euros a gram!

I just wish we could still get them in the UK!


Peace, Des.


My very first coffeeshop purchase back in 1993 was a gram of super polm at Rockland on Raadhuisstraat. It was blond and hard as a rock. I took it back to my room and got happily stoned.

User avatar
moe.
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 7:06 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: April Trip

Postby moe. » Mon Apr 17, 12:14 am

smokedpeppers wrote:
moe. wrote:Gorilla Glue #4, $6 a gram

jeesh, paint me green with envy


It's not the best GG #4 I've ever had, but it works well and is worth every bit of $6 a gram. You need to visit a recreationally legal state. How soon before MA will be selling recreational buds?

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2:28 pm

Re: April Trip

Postby Hammer » Mon Apr 17, 1:37 am

In July here in Nevada, recreational sales begin. There are lots of med dispensaries, and they will simply accommodate the rec peeps as well. Can't wait. Good for tourism. Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11155
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: April Trip

Postby des » Mon Apr 17, 1:48 am

moe. wrote:
des wrote:
moe. wrote:Thanks for the most enjoyable trip report since WC's. I enjoyed every word, even the ones I had to Google and guess at the meanings of!

We are currently enjoying an ounce of Gorilla Glue #4 here at home but we only had to drive 5 minutes to the nearest dispensary for it. It was only $6 a gram and with the 10% "bulk discount" only $160 out the door. I've gotten a couple of seeds out of it so far and will be planting them and any others I find outdoors next month.


No point me giving an opinion on any particular green! .. Three toots on any of 'em, and I'm absolutely monged!

I think the GG #4 was 16 Euros a gram at the Greenhouse!

My favourites are the 'old school' hashes like Zero Zero or the Superpolm, both of which you can still pick up at most coffeeshops for under 10 Euros a gram!

I just wish we could still get them in the UK!


Peace, Des.


My very first coffeeshop purchase back in 1993 was a gram of super polm at Rockland on Raadhuisstraat. It was blond and hard as a rock. I took it back to my room and got happily stoned.


My very first coffeeshop purchase was some Superskunk in Utrecht in 2002! I went into a toxic shock that left me shaking like a shitting dog!

Peace, Des.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3629
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: April Trip

Postby alpha » Mon Apr 17, 6:14 am

Hammer wrote:In July here in Nevada, recreational sales begin. There are lots of med dispensaries, and they will simply accommodate the rec peeps as well. Can't wait. Good for tourism. Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.


Curious Hammer, i've heard that the casinos in Nevada may allow toking within areas of their establishments, perhaps like a coffeeshop per se. Any idea if that's going to occur, or not?

I too agree, great trip report Des, i can hardly wait for yer next trip.

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5922
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: April Trip

Postby Generous_J » Mon Apr 17, 10:27 am

des wrote:My very first coffeeshop purchase was some Superskunk in Utrecht in 2002! I went into a toxic shock that left me shaking like a shitting dog!


lol, brilliant!

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5688
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: April Trip

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Apr 23, 2:13 am

des wrote:more my inability to fully convey the euphoric feelings of joy and romance I experienced on this trip!
It's difficult to put down in words the childlike buzz of riding a bike round Vondel Park, or laughing till your sides ache with the people you love, or strolling arm in arm with your soulmate through the unfamiliar streets of a beautiful city!
Peace, Des.

salute, i thought you did a spectacular job conveying your feelings with this ^

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6813
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: April Trip

Postby Old Fart » Sun Apr 23, 3:17 am

I really enjoyed that des, thanks

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2:28 pm

Re: April Trip

Postby Hammer » Sun Apr 23, 5:43 am

alpha wrote:
Hammer wrote:In July here in Nevada, recreational sales begin. There are lots of med dispensaries, and they will simply accommodate the rec peeps as well. Can't wait. Good for tourism. Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.


Curious Hammer, i've heard that the casinos in Nevada may allow toking within areas of their establishments, perhaps like a coffeeshop per se. Any idea if that's going to occur, or not?

I too agree, great trip report Des, i can hardly wait for yer next trip.

I have only heard speculation, nothing from casinos, but the hotel rooms are quite smokey and vaping is popular. I'm sure the casinos have thought about the possibilities and the profit. It will take one place to get the ball rolling. Our former mayor wanted to put what he called an "Amsterdam style" coffee shop for smoking downtown. I liked his idea.

User avatar
boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5346
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 9:18 pm
Location: To the left of center
Contact:

Re: April Trip

Postby boneymaroni » Sun Apr 23, 6:26 am

Hammer, I recall you carrying a volcano thru a casino....about 10 1/2 years ago...

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2:28 pm

Re: April Trip

Postby Hammer » Sun Apr 23, 1:28 pm

boneymaroni wrote:Hammer, I recall you carrying a volcano thru a casino....about 10 1/2 years ago...


As Eric Burden once sang, "when I was young". Ah, I remember that day well. Now storz and Bickel has two small, expensive, rechargeable, and incredible little units that are better than the original one. Thank for the memory, Boney.


Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests