a 2018 trip to Amsterdam

all about amsterdam
worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

a 2018 trip to Amsterdam

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Mar 23, 3:53 am

just bought the lowest priced tickets ever - like 1995 prices!!

NYC - Amsterdam in August - $406. round trip! $86 more for leg room.

if you were thinking about a trip - check it out. these prices were on KLM

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: a 2018 trip to Amsterdam

Postby Bohannon » Fri Mar 23, 2:48 pm

Same for me...I checked Toronto to Amsterdam via...the capitol of Iceland, lol $635,00 or about $492 US! I was shocked! I would like to spend a night in Iceland and Leg room sounds nice...I may very well be going, these are indeed, prices form a decade ago.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Fri Mar 23, 3:59 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:just bought the lowest priced tickets ever - like 1995 prices!!

NYC - Amsterdam in August - $406. round trip! $86 more for leg room.

if you were thinking about a trip - check it out. these prices were on KLM

Yep, going next month for under $600 from Denver. With my Saga miles from Icelandair, it was $230.00. Luckily I have a free place to stay and be fed. Also looking hard at Lima Peru later in the year. Still under $700. My friends say it’s the place to be. With only a passport you are allowed to stay 6 months. Apparently the authority there doesn’t care if you stay longer as long as you’re not a burden.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Fri Mar 23, 7:53 pm

Bohannon wrote:Same for me...I checked Toronto to Amsterdam via...the capitol of Iceland, lol $635,00 or about $492 US! I was shocked! I would like to spend a night in Iceland and Leg room sounds nice...I may very well be going, these are indeed, prices form a decade ago.

Lol....I asked my grandson what the capital of Iceland was and he said....Isn't it 'I' Grandma?

:-)

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Mar 23, 9:40 pm

uk*bag*lady wrote:
Bohannon wrote:Same for me...I checked Toronto to Amsterdam via...the capitol of Iceland, lol $635,00 or about $492 US! I was shocked! I would like to spend a night in Iceland and Leg room sounds nice...I may very well be going, these are indeed, prices form a decade ago.

Lol....I asked my grandson what the capital of Iceland was and he said....Isn't it 'I' Grandma?

Kids say the darndest things! LOL

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Mar 29, 1:00 pm

Woo Hoo! A possible trip to Mokum for my birthday in June!!! It has been far too long.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Mar 30, 3:58 pm

Does anyone on this site besides MHD actually go to Amsterdam anymore. For that matter; does anyone on this site have interest in going to Amsterdam anymore. Has this site turned into a weak weed/driving/puking site?

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Fri Mar 30, 5:05 pm

Bohannon wrote:Does anyone on this site besides MHD actually go to Amsterdam anymore. For that matter; does anyone on this site have interest in going to Amsterdam anymore. Has this site turned into a weak weed/driving/puking site?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/destinations/article-5549451/how-eurostar-london-amsterdam.html

Eurostar, London to Amsterdam direct. 4 hours and no airports to deal with. Sweet.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Fri Mar 30, 9:12 pm

Bohannon wrote:Does anyone on this site besides MHD actually go to Amsterdam anymore. For that matter; does anyone on this site have interest in going to Amsterdam anymore. Has this site turned into a weak weed/driving/puking site?

I'm afraid it's a no from me.

But I have never fallen out of love with the place.

Never.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sat Mar 31, 3:00 am

I'm going, asses.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Mar 31, 6:12 am

a bollocks wrote:I'm going, asses.

Asses, or the lasses, or both?

I've been goin' when i can for fifty years in July and i'll continue when i can. Really great people, in a very fine city, what's not to love?

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sat Mar 31, 1:47 pm

We plan on taking advantage of the 90 day rule in Amsterdam when we retire in couple years, although we haven't decided what time of the year in which to do so... but in the meantime, unless something unexpected comes up, time is short and our list is way too long... our next big trip is looking to meet the Aussies (daughter and all) in Italy and include Greece in the trip... but you never know, I could be out in Washington or Colorado before then and get run over by Moe or MHD... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vnhNSRdHWM

Swin
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Swin » Sat Mar 31, 7:04 pm

Visited at least once a year (often more) since 1968 until my diagnosis in 2014 but I have managed a couple of quick visits (day and weekend) instead of my usual week or so since, in between treatments. Aiming to get back was one of the things that I set as a target and I believe got me through. Last visited in September with my lad in tow (to 'look after' me allegedly) Currently working on dates for this year, still get get the place out of my system

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Sat Mar 31, 8:21 pm

Swin wrote:

Visited at least once a year (often more) since 1968 until my diagnosis in 2014 but I have managed a couple of quick visits (day and weekend) instead of my usual week or so since, in between treatments. Aiming to get back was one of the things that I set as a target and I believe got me through. Last visited in September with my lad in tow (to 'look after' me allegedly) Currently working on dates for this year, still get get the place out of my
system

That's really good news. Glad you're going on okay

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sun Apr 01, 3:59 am

Banks wrote:We plan on taking advantage of the 90 day rule in Amsterdam when we retire in couple years, although we haven't decided what time of the year in which to do so... but in the meantime, unless something unexpected comes up, time is short and our list is way too long... our next big trip is looking to meet the Aussies (daughter and all) in Italy and include Greece in the trip... but you never know, I could be out in Washington or Colorado before then and get run over by Moe or MHD... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vnhNSRdHWM

Lol, no worries. I've been to/through Washington once in the 6 years that I've lived here.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sun Apr 01, 5:27 am

moe. wrote:
Banks wrote:We plan on taking advantage of the 90 day rule in Amsterdam when we retire in couple years, although we haven't decided what time of the year in which to do so... but in the meantime, unless something unexpected comes up, time is short and our list is way too long... our next big trip is looking to meet the Aussies (daughter and all) in Italy and include Greece in the trip... but you never know, I could be out in Washington or Colorado before then and get run over by Moe or MHD... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vnhNSRdHWM

Lol, no worries. I've been to/through Washington once in the 6 years that I've lived here.

And I’m 5 hours west of Denver now. No chance you’ll get anywhere near me. You’ll be safe.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Sun Apr 01, 7:58 pm

Yes. Many times.
Yes.
No more than it remains a sounding board for geriatric malcontents and would-be expatriates.

Just a question of perspective, really.

Cheers, eh?

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Mon Apr 02, 10:03 pm

a bollocks wrote:I'm going, asses.

NO PUEDE SER!?

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Mon Apr 02, 11:50 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:tickets!!

NYC - Amsterdam in August

:-))

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Fri Apr 06, 3:56 pm

It’s warm and sunny here in Negril atm. I pushed back Amsterdam until May 1st. My Jamaican friends brought me here to do some consulting work. Lucky me.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Apr 08, 2:53 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:
moe. wrote:

And I’m 5 hours west of Denver now. No chance you’ll get anywhere near me. You’ll be safe.

I was nearer to you last September on our way up to Rawlins... I was extra alert in case you were in the Dankmobile coming to Denver...

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sun Apr 08, 3:52 pm

Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:
moe. wrote:

Smart move. Meanwhile I’m off to Kingston for the day. If you’re in the area, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

I was nearer to you last September on our way up to Rawlins... I was extra alert in case you were in the Dankmobile coming to Denver...

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sun Apr 08, 3:56 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:
Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:
moe. wrote:

Smart move. Meanwhile I’m off to Kingston for the day. If you’re in the area, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Smart move. Meanwhile I’m headed to Kingston for the day via Montego Bay. If you’re in the area, don’t say you weren’t warned.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon Apr 09, 1:40 am

MileHighDenver wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:
Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:
moe. wrote:

Smart move. Meanwhile I’m headed to Kingston for the day via Montego Bay. If you’re in the area, don’t say you weren’t warned.

No worries, mon... thanks for the heads up... party on Garth...

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Sun Apr 15, 8:07 pm

Banks wrote: ... party on Garth...

"I'm the Leprechaun ...!"

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri May 11, 3:06 pm

http://schlijper.nl/ today looks like Asia somewhere, lol.

Return to “Amsterdam forum”