Efteling

all about amsterdam
ANDRE3000
super poster
super poster

Efteling

Postby ANDRE3000 » Sat Mar 26, 3:52 pm

Anyone ever been here? I never hear anyone talk about it. It's a little over an hour from Amsterdam.
I didn't even know Amsterdam had an Amusement park, well it's not Amsterdam but you know what I mean.

Tell me about it if you've been.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Efteling

Postby Cat » Sat Mar 26, 9:08 pm

I went to it in 1962. I was 7 years old. We returned to NL for the summer, renting a small farmhouse on the Island of Texel.
All I remember of Efteling is the Fairytale Park and all the trees and walkways. I was mesmerized by this bit, the character with the neck that elongates and retracts. Its still there I guess. I'm sure the park has grown and expanded dramatically since the early 60's.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sun Mar 27, 12:07 am

I haven't been because I have no interest. However I do know the CEO quite well. It's designed for kids and young teens. I think you would be happier with EuroDisney outside of Paris.

ANDRE3000
super poster
super poster

Postby ANDRE3000 » Sun Mar 27, 7:52 am

Very cool Cat! Nice Pic :-)

No not at all interested in Disney MHD. I dunno what I stumbled on, it might have even been the official Efteling page?
Can't be because it basically encouraged you to smoke weed and pointed out discreet spots in the park that you could.

They "discouraged" it, but said if you were than this is where you should do it. They also "discouraged" taking mushrooms, but if you
were, than this was the place to do it!

Also thinking of hitting Madurodam again cuz it was awesome!

Return to “Amsterdam forum”