RIP Billy

all about amsterdam
MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

RIP Billy

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Jan 11, 3:59 am

Any regulars to Amsterdam would have come across Billy around town. I remember seeing him often in and around the Amnesia coffeeshop. He was a tall Dutchman with short curly dark hair. He always had a smile and a story to tell. For many years he carried an art book that he drew in and had people he met sign. He was one of Amsterdams colorful characters. He passed away a couple weeks ago and leaves Amsterdam with one less jewel in my opinion.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: RIP Billy

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Jan 12, 3:56 am

Yeah, a real loss of a unique good hearted guy.

they did a memorial at the cannibus college on the 6th
he touched alot of people

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: RIP Billy

Postby alpha » Tue Jan 12, 5:20 am

Billy was unique, i met him once and he was an intriguing fellow, RIP Billy, i'm glad i met you.

But imo there are a lot of characters roaming the streets of Amsterdam. I can remember when i first met Oracle a couple of decades ago, before he'd met the love of his life. He seemed to me to be one of Amsterdam's vagabonds, even tho he wasn't. Interesting character, nonetheless and i don't know about presently, but when i visited there, there was no end to the string of characters any stoner could meet, at least before the proprietor threw them out. They were perhaps the biggest attraction for me really, coupled with the coffeeshops, made it seem to like i'd found my valhalla, or GJ's Tír na nÓg, only i kept growing older, dagnabit!

Return to “Amsterdam forum”