Cheap stay

all about amsterdam
seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Cheap stay

Postby seouleast » Mon Nov 18, 3:55 pm

Looking for any tips on cheap hotels or rooms for rent. Looking now on this site links. Thanks!

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Cheap stay

Postby uk*bag*lady » Mon Nov 18, 5:11 pm

seouleast wrote:Looking for any tips on cheap hotels or rooms for rent. Looking now on this site links. Thanks!

How nice to see you posting again Seouleast.

You might find something in the accommodation section here.

:-)

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Mon Nov 18, 5:21 pm

Some like theAbba on Overtoom, some the Kap near Wetteringschanse. Both are pretty cheap (or at least were.)

winnie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby winnie » Mon Nov 18, 6:36 pm

Tall Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Tall Guy » Mon Nov 18, 7:49 pm

Hotel Sarphati was €13 per night back in February, including breakfast, last February, for a bed in a dorm room.... I've stayed in worse.

seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Postby seouleast » Tue Nov 19, 2:02 pm

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

Going to stay at Vijaya. Theguest recommended it and it is close to the station so all trams lead back there if I make it far out on foot.

Peace and hope to see someone there.

UK Bag lady and Bo, nice to see you, too.

patrick

Postby patrick » Sun Nov 24, 2:22 am

Should be okay, lots of steep stairs and its close to the church bells. The restaurant got good reviews from other channelites and it is close to cs. Have fun. P.s. I still have the peace pipe you gave me at de kuil.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sun Nov 24, 7:36 am

patrick wrote:P.s. I still have the peace pipe you gave me at de kuil.

I still have mine as well.

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Thu Dec 05, 4:37 pm

@seouleast I saw your thread on ACD. One time when I flew back from Schiphol I got picked out by a sniffer dog in the tunnel just before boarding the plane to the UK. It was the one time I DIDN'T have anything and I hadn't been in a coffeeshop for at least a week. Those dogs have sensitive noses, either that or the dog wanted petting. I suspect I was grassed up though by a vindictive Dutch person as I'd just walked out of my job lol...

Also the trains to Germany often have German Border Control sniffer dogs and Polizei waiting when the train stops. I risked it a few times in 1998 but I doubt I would now...

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Dec 05, 6:32 pm

Mokum Dream wrote:@seouleast I saw your thread on ACD. One time when I flew back from Schiphol I got picked out by a sniffer dog in the tunnel just before boarding the plane to the UK. It was the one time I DIDN'T have anything and I hadn't been in a coffeeshop for at least a week. Those dogs have sensitive noses, either that or the dog wanted petting. I suspect I was grassed up though by a vindictive Dutch person as I'd just walked out of my job lol...

Also the trains to Germany often have German Border Control sniffer dogs and Polizei waiting when the train stops. I risked it a few times in 1998 but I doubt I would now...

What happens to you if you get caught with weed at Schiphol? I can't imagine it's anything too Draconian given their liberal attitude towards cannabis use!

I've been told that even if you get napped flying into a UK airport with less than 7 grammes, all they do is confiscate it and tell you not to be a naughty boy next time!

I'm tempted to bring some back with me every time I go!

Peace, Des.

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Thu Dec 05, 6:43 pm

des wrote:
What happens to you if you get caught with weed at Schiphol? I can't imagine it's anything too Draconian given their liberal attitude towards cannabis use!

I've been told that even if you get napped flying into a UK airport with less than 7 grammes, all they do is confiscate it and tell you not to be a naughty boy next time!

Peace, Des.

I don't know if they could claim you're in UK territory once on the plane, and you could get conspiracy to import a controlled substance...at the very least you'd miss your plane, get a record with the Dutch and the English customs lot, a fine, and have a load of bloody hassle...Oh, and if you got shitty with them, they'd fuck you...cavity searches, home searches, everything they can to speed up their day and maybe get some overtime in

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Thu Dec 05, 7:59 pm

I'd like to add that I used to throw caution to the wind, I know longer do. Age and experience of being fucked by the system. However, sometimes gambling can pay off...

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Dec 05, 8:10 pm

des wrote:
Mokum Dream wrote:@seouleast I saw your thread on ACD. One time when I flew back from Schiphol I got picked out by a sniffer dog in the tunnel just before boarding the plane to the UK. It was the one time I DIDN'T have anything and I hadn't been in a coffeeshop for at least a week. Those dogs have sensitive noses, either that or the dog wanted petting. I suspect I was grassed up though by a vindictive Dutch person as I'd just walked out of my job lol...

Peace, Des.

I once (some time around 2000) accidentally brought back a half-smoked joint in a plastic tube in my jacket pocket. I have friends who've never come back from Amsterdam without a bit of weed, and none of them have ever been caught.

There's no way I'd do it deliberately. It's not worth it.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Thu Dec 05, 10:53 pm

i've got a story about being caught fetching hash home from Holland. I've told it here before, so i'll tell it again in as short a form as i can manage.

big lump of leb from haarlem and various bits of decent hash from around the city turns out best part of a hundred grammes in total. didn't do that good a job of hiding it, in fact just put it in bag.
fairly certain that the cloggies at schiphol sussed it and informed john lennon.
jedi mind trick didn't work at Liverpool. these are not the drugs you're looking for. yes they fucking are, don't be clever.
thirty minutes left alone in an absolutely empty customs hall with passport which was not removed and only checked once.
hash weighed and confiscated, name and address written in pencil at the back of a notebook. sent home.
expected a visit from local plod. never happened. expected a tickle on every future visit to Amsterdam, can't say for definite if that happens or not. always get a good looking at on the ferry but do ok at airports.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Dec 05, 11:35 pm

chigusa wrote:i've got a story about being caught fetching hash home from Holland. I've told it here before, so i'll tell it again in as short a form as i can manage.

big lump of leb from haarlem and various bits of decent hash from around the city turns out best part of a hundred grammes in total. didn't do that good a job of hiding it, in fact just put it in bag.
fairly certain that the cloggies at schiphol sussed it and informed john lennon.
jedi mind trick didn't work at Liverpool. these are not the drugs you're looking for. yes they fucking are, don't be clever.
thirty minutes left alone in an absolutely empty customs hall with passport which was not removed and only checked once.
hash weighed and confiscated, name and address written in pencil at the back of a notebook. sent home.
expected a visit from local plod. never happened. expected a tickle on every future visit to Amsterdam, can't say for definite if that happens or not. always get a good looking at on the ferry but do ok at airports.

Jaysus! ... Thank fuck we live in the UK! You'd do some serious prison time in a lot of countries for trying to import a 100 grammes!

Peace, Des.

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Fri Dec 06, 12:05 am

Never look shifty when passing next to those two way mirrors at customs. There's always some jobsworth on the other side looking to make their day more exciting.

Mokum Dream

Postby Mokum Dream » Fri Dec 06, 12:07 am

They're looking for the ones trying to not look shifty...look shifty man, you'll sail through

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Fri Dec 06, 12:09 am

I breeze through 'cos I don't try to try and not look shifty.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Dec 06, 7:11 am

chigusa wrote:i've got a story about being caught fetching hash home from Holland. I've told it here before, so i'll tell it again in as short a form as i can manage.

Ferries are like that. I've been twice on the ferry and I got turned inside out each time. Never been stopped at the airport.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Dec 06, 7:12 am

des wrote:

Jaysus! ... Thank fuck we live in the UK! You'd do some serious prison time in a lot of countries for trying to import a 100 grammes!

Peace, Des.

You'd get the death sentence in some countries for much less.

blimey
regular
regular

Postby blimey » Fri Dec 06, 10:29 am

Nothing to gain but everything to lose if caught, so have never done it myself and never will. Best bet is to post some back home around the 2 week countdown to Xmas as Royal Mail are inundated with packages and post around this time and sorting centres too manic to cope scrutinising every single item.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Fri Dec 06, 11:40 am

Dazzler wrote:
des wrote:

Peace, Des.

You'd get the death sentence in some countries for much less.

It would be hard work trying not to look shifty at Imam Khomeini International Airport if you had 100 grammes of hash stashed up your Gary Glitter!

Peace, Des.

seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Postby seouleast » Fri Dec 06, 4:10 pm

I'm not going back to the UK, but wish I was. Chigusa got robbed by the cops who figured they'd smoke the gear.

I always blaze up heavily at the airport. Once I check my luggage, which I do early, I step back out to smoke at least 2 full well packed joints. I must reek of thc. If there ever was a dog, I'd offer the cop a sniff of my sleeve or coat and let him know why his dog is giving me the evil eye.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Fri Dec 06, 5:53 pm

seouleast wrote:I always blaze up heavily at the airport. Once I check my luggage, which I do early, I step back out to smoke at least 2 full well packed joints...

That is expected of the winner of the Best Joint Roller at the Channels 10th Anniversary Party... do you still have your award?

On another note, we're planning a get together on our rented houseboat during your trip... consider yourself invited, and hope to see you again...

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Dec 06, 7:35 pm

Banks wrote:
seouleast wrote:I always blaze up heavily at the airport. Once I check my luggage, which I do early, I step back out to smoke at least 2 full well packed joints...

That is expected of the winner of the Best Joint Roller at the Channels 10th Anniversary Party... do you still have your award?

On another note, we're planning a get together on our rented houseboat during your trip... consider yourself invited, and hope to see you again...

wow seouleast, an award winning roller! I am impressed! : >

Banks - which houseboat didjya rent?

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Fri Dec 06, 9:13 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:wow seouleast, an award winning roller! I am impressed! : >

worldcitizen1723 wrote:wow seouleast, an award winning roller! I am impressed! : >

He was a machine... although I can't quite recall how many hashes and bud went into his joint (I think 8?), I do have pictures...

We are on the Amstel near the Waterlooplein market, just up from the Blauwbrug... where were you folks?

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Dec 06, 9:55 pm

this will be our third stay at this one (have to book it a year in advance!)
it's on prinsengracht at the corner of the nordermarket
schlijper has a recent night photo of it - the boat is black and white (and has a canal side covered porch). just a hop skip and jump away from the asoka. i love the neighborhood and always rented apartments in this area prior to the love affair with the boat.

sorry to miss those joints!

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Fri Dec 06, 10:49 pm

Banks wrote:That is expected of the winner of the Best Joint Roller at the Channels 10th Anniversary Party... do you still have your award?

I still have mine : does everyone else?

:-)

seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Postby seouleast » Sat Dec 07, 1:55 am

Banks, wish I'd known you were going. We could have chipped in for a nice luxe apartment.
Anyways, the awards are somewhere.
That was a fun few weeks.

seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Postby seouleast » Sat Dec 07, 3:25 am

I will be bringing some more pipes. Hope to see some familiar faces.

Return to “Amsterdam forum”